The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #4501
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Philly with 226. Wonder who drafted those QB's?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #4502
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Philly with 226. Wonder who drafted those QB's?
I'm guessing McNabb has a good chunk of that 226. While Andy Hall Koy Detmer AJ Feeley and Mike Kafka don't participate in that 226 as much.

With that said. I like Murray
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #4503
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I'm guessing McNabb has a good chunk of that 226. While Andy Hall Koy Detmer AJ Feeley and Mike Kafka don't participate in that 226 as much.

With that said. I like Murray
Pretty sure Tom Modrak drafted Mcnabb....2000 was his last season as the GM in Philly.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #4504
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
Actually they have a really great sophomore back from the Portland Oregon area who is legit and has a boring name.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #4505
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Pretty sure Tom Modrak drafted Mcnabb....2000 was his last season as the GM in Philly.
I thought Reid did. Learn somethin new. Guess you can take off detmer as he was before McNabb
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #4506
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I thought Reid did. Learn somethin new. Guess you can take off detmer as he was before McNabb
I could be mistaken, but I thought Reid didn't get GM duties until after Modrak left.

Not that it has ANYTHING to do with that chart. Which is 100% accurate no matter what.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #4507
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
DAT ran 4.50 at the combine. McCluster ran a 4.58. Don't make me post the links again. Congrats on the extra 0.08 seconds - I'm sure that will make a huge difference for the Chefs against the Broncos this year.
He ran a 4.38 at his pro day and is one of the fastest players in the country. He's even competing for an Olympic spot.

Only a retard would say mccluster is as fast or dynamic as DAT, but looking at your posts I'm not surprised.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #4508
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Lord of the Rings

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT

Quote:
He ran a 4.38 at his pro day and is one of the fastest players in the country. He's even competing for an Olympic spot.

Only a retard would say mccluster is as fast or dynamic as DAT, but looking at your posts I'm not surprised.
I guess the Chefs are retards too then, because they made the same comparison themselves.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/11...mas-tough.html

"In fact, Reid has already displayed how he can use a player with Thomas' talent. Diminutive slot receiver Dexter McCluster (5-8, 170) had a career year in his first season under Reid last season, notching career highs in catches (53), yards (511) and receiving touchdowns (two) before signing with Tennessee as a free agent in March.

'You know, I think he offers a lot of the same traits in terms of being both a very good receiver out of the backfield and as a runner, [Chefs West Coast scout Trey] Koziol said of Thomas. I think you see similar traits in the open field, guys who can make people miss, guys who are a threat to take it to the house.'

Don't forget about the return game, either. While McCluster returned two punts for touchdowns last season and made the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career, Thomas might be equally dynamic. Hes returned four kicks and one punt for touchdowns in his career."

-------------------------------------------

In a loaded draft wherein they didn't even have all their picks, the Chefs just burned a 4th round pick on a luxury part-time player when they had a similar player already on their roster, but chose to let him walk. DAT in the 4th is the kind of pick a team like the Patriots makes or another team that is totally stacked and doesn't have a lot of needs. Not a team like the Chefs, who either put on the back burner or failed to address glaring needs at OL and WR. As a Broncos fan, I couldn't be happier about this move. Every touch DAT gets is one less for Jamaal Charles, and the Chefs already had a dynamic return game with McCluster, Demps, and Kniles Davis, so how much are they really gaining? When Alex Smith is running for his life this season, you may feel differently. Then we'll see who the retard is.

In conclusion, moves like this are an illustration of why the Chefs continue, and will always, suck.

Last edited by Mile High Salute; 05-12-2014 at 01:16 PM..
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #4509
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
I guess the Chefs are retards too then, because they made the same comparison themselves.

"In fact, Reid has already displayed how he can use a player with Thomas' talent. Diminutive slot receiver Dexter McCluster (5-8, 170) had a career year in his first season under Reid last season, notching career highs in catches (53), yards (511) and receiving touchdowns (two) before signing with Tennessee as a free agent in March.

'You know, I think he offers a lot of the same traits in terms of being both a very good receiver out of the backfield and as a runner, [Chefs West Coast scout Trey] Koziol said of Thomas. I think you see similar traits in the open field, guys who can make people miss, guys who are a threat to take it to the house.'

Don't forget about the return game, either. While McCluster returned two punts for touchdowns last season and made the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career, Thomas might be equally dynamic. Hes returned four kicks and one punt for touchdowns in his career."

In a loaded draft wherein they didn't even have all their picks, the Chefs just burned a 4th round pick on a luxury part-time player when they had a similar player already on their roster, but chose to let him walk. DAT in the 4th is the kind of pick a team like the Patriots makes or another team that is totally stacked and doesn't have a lot of needs. Not a team like the Chefs, who either put on the back burner or failed to address glaring needs at OL and WR. As a Broncos fan, I couldn't be happier about this move. Every touch DAT gets is one less for Jamaal Charles, and the Chefs already had a dynamic return game with McCluster, Demps, and Kniles Davis, so how much are they really gaining? When Alex Smith is running for his life this season, you may feel differently. Then we'll see who the retard is.

In conclusion, moves like this are an illustration of why the Chefs continue, and will always, suck.
Owned.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #4510
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Quote:

I hate the Chorfs just as much as the next guy, but this post is missing the obvious. Dexter McCluster is not worth the $4 million per year cap hit the Titans just signed him for. With the Chorfs in cap hell, they had to move on from mccluster and were able to find a replacement in the draft at a considerable savings in the 4th round.

for a broncos perspective See Decker vs. Latimer thread
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115450
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #4511
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I hate the Chorfs just as much as the next guy, but this post is missing the obvious. Dexter McCluster is not worth the $4 million per year cap hit the Titans just signed him for. With the Chorfs in cap hell, they had to move on from mccluster and were able to find a replacement in the draft at a considerable savings in the 4th round.

Yea, but stud was trying to say Anthony is a big upgrade over Mccluster.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #4512
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Lord of the Rings

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

Agreed that McCluster was overpaid by the Titans, and that's my point. He's not critical to KC's success, and neither is DAT. They are luxury players. This is like putting fancy new trim around the windows of your house when there are problems in the foundation. The proverbial rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic if you will.

Finding McCluster's replacement should've been much lower on their priority list than finding some more warm bodies to block for Alex Smith and catch his passes. I find it absolutely hilarious that in the deepest WR draft possibly ever, the Chefs failed to select even one of them despite that being a huge need of theirs.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #4513
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I don't see anywhere in that article saying McCluster is as fast as DAT like my point was making the whole time.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #4514
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The draft picks of dee ford, Phillip Gaines and Aaron Murray will save $20.3 million when they cut Tamba, flowers and Daniel next year. It was absolutely a smart draft moving forward.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #4515
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
The draft picks of dee ford, Phillip Gaines and Aaron Murray will save $20.3 million when they cut Tamba, flowers and Daniel next year. It was absolutely a smart draft moving forward.
wow. So the whole point to the 2014 Chiefs draft was to alleviate cap space next year?

Shows where KC's priority is - win games or save money. As long as fans keep spinning the turnstiles, I guess it doesn't matter.

Really tough to argue that KC is doing what they can to push the needle forward and improve as a team.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #4516
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
wow. So the whole point to the 2014 Chiefs draft was to alleviate cap space next year?

Shows where KC's priority is - win games or save money. As long as fans keep spinning the turnstiles, I guess it doesn't matter.

Really tough to argue that KC is doing what they can to push the needle forward and improve as a team.
Typical kFc move, the main reason why they haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years.

They could have actually won a playoff game if they kept TG and Allen, instead they keep overpaying a WR who drops balls and produces like a #4 WR.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #4517
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Anyone who watched the Chiefs last year knew they had 2 primary problems: pass rush and defensive back. It lost us the playoff game.

Chiefs first 2 picks addressed that.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #4518
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

I love how Sheepstud just predicted that their entire draft class is all going to start and be comparable to the guys they're replacing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #4519
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
And how much of that will go towards Alex (if they pay him), Houston, and Berry, close to all of it?
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #4520
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Anyone who watched the Chiefs last year knew they had 2 primary problems: pass rush and defensive back. It lost us the playoff game.

Chiefs first 2 picks addressed that.
I don't watch the Chiefs much, but weren't they 6th in the league in sacks last year?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #4521
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Does Gaylore ever not use hyperbole to try to illustrate a point?

Must be the low testosterone. That explains the Disney princess freak out and Star Trek propaganda flowing from him on the board
Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #4522
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Typical kFc move, the main reason why they haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years.

They could have actually won a playoff game if they kept TG and Allen, instead they keep overpaying a WR who drops balls and produces like a #4 WR.
At least we didn't pay a broken CB the most guaranteed money a CB has ever gotten.

Talk about poor $$ management.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #4523
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
At least we didn't pay a broken CB the most guaranteed money a CB has ever gotten.

You're WR depth sucks. That probably doesn't really matter with Smiff doing his dink and dunk stuff.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #4524
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

It's essentially a 3-yr deal, they can get out of it just fine if they choose to do so.

Worry about your team, obsessed one.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #4525
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
I don't watch the Chiefs much, but weren't they 6th in the league in sacks last year?
Yes, a bit scewed once they started playing real teams, and not a backup CB every week.