The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #4451
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No thanks. JFF fell because he won't be a leader in any locker room and he's a punk. Bridgewater fell for a reason too. He barely made it in the first round.

I think Chiefs could draft Aaron Murray tomorrow if he's there. QB is likely somewhere this weekend IMO.
I hope they don't get Murray. I like him and that would be uncharacteristic for the chiefs to take a good QB in the draft! We'll see what happens
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:13 AM   #4452
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Interesting comparison..

Dee Ford Measurables: 35 1/2" vert, 10'4" broad, 29 reps, 4.54 40

Justin Houston measurables: 36 1/2" vert, 10'5" broad, 30 reps, 4.68 40.
Jadeveon Clowney Measurables: 37 1/2" vert, 10'3" broad, 21 reps, 4.53 40
Khalil Mack measurables: 40" vert, 10'6" broad, 23 reps, 4.65 40

Just as good physically as those three, but with a burst off the line like Von Miller as seen here:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10831231

Dude was a monster in the SEC, including the National Championship and Senior Bowl. Like the pick a lot and hope he works out.

Last edited by KCStud; 05-09-2014 at 12:18 AM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #4453
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,381

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No thanks. JFF fell because he won't be a leader in any locker room and he's a punk. Bridgewater fell for a reason too. He barely made it in the first round.

I think Chiefs could draft Aaron Murray tomorrow if he's there. QB is likely somewhere this weekend IMO.
Tom Brady barely got drafted...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #4454
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,524
Default

Drew Brees fell to the second round too.

At some point a team has to try to get a real franchise quarterback. Not just keeping on trotting out game managers out there year after year.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #4455
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Drew Brees fell to the second round too.

At some point a team has to try to get a real franchise quarterback. Not just keeping on trotting out game managers out there year after year.
That franchise QB sure has served you well after having some of the most talented teams in the NFL in the 2000's...
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #4456
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default

That's a pretty amazing response there, KCStud.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #4457
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
That franchise QB sure has served you well after having some of the most talented teams in the NFL in the 2000's...
1993.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #4458
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Walter Football

Kansas City Chiefs: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn: D Grade
Ugh. The Chiefs have not been drafting well in this new regime. Their class last year was Eric Fisher (who struggled), Travis Kelce, Knile Davis and Nico Johnson. They dealt this year's second for mediocre Alex Smith. And now they're taking a second-round prospect who fills a minimal need. Things are not looking very bright in Kansas City.

There's no doubt that Ford is a reach. The Chiefs could have moved down and still picked him. Ford also won't start anytime soon with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in front of him. This is the worst pick of the first round thus far, but at least it's not on a Millen level.

NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #4459
Ingame
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Walter Football

There's no doubt that Ford is a reach. The Chiefs could have moved down and still picked him. Ford also won't start anytime soon with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in front of him. This is the worst pick of the first round thus far, but at least it's not on a Millen level.

Since we are cherry picking opinions on Dee Ford..

There is something special here. Ford is a vocal and physical leader who could pay the most consistent, long-term dividends of any defensive end in this draft -- yes, including Jadeveon Clowney. He would be a steal after the middle of the first round, assuming his back in OK

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...65025/dee-ford
Ingame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #4460
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Should have drafted Bridgewater or another QB. Alex Smith played above his head last year but he's never going to take that team to the promise land.
Yeah, KC really has no choice but to overpay Alex Smith now. Unlikely they take a QB in the 3rd round, considering how bad they need WR help
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #4461
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

I'd say that 90% of the tackles in the NFL will not have a problem blockin Dee Ford. When he faced the better tackles last year in college, he was pretty much a non factor. Hell even Cyrus Kouandjio who is not good against the more speedy rushers held him in check last year when Dee would line up over him.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #4462
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hmm well he had fantastic performances against the best competition. His performances against Texas A&M and Florida State in the national championship.
Also looked like the best player in Mobile both in practice and the Senior Bowl game.

His burst off the line is on par with Von Miller as well. We'll see. Think his run support needs work.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #4463
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,862

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Walter Football

Kansas City Chiefs: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn: D Grade
Ugh. The Chiefs have not been drafting well in this new regime. Their class last year was Eric Fisher (who struggled), Travis Kelce, Knile Davis and Nico Johnson. They dealt this year's second for mediocre Alex Smith. And now they're taking a second-round prospect who fills a minimal need. Things are not looking very bright in Kansas City.

There's no doubt that Ford is a reach. The Chiefs could have moved down and still picked him. Ford also won't start anytime soon with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in front of him. This is the worst pick of the first round thus far, but at least it's not on a Millen level.

Damn! That will leave a mark.

Where's that gif of Reid busting through the wall?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #4464
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
That franchise QB sure has served you well after having some of the most talented teams in the NFL in the 2000's...
Good point, that 37 year old QB coming off neck surgery from the Colts instantly made the Broncos from a bottom NFL team to a superbowl contender every year. I wouldnt trade it for anything, regardless if he doesnt bring Denver their 3rd ring.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #4465
F.N.
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
That franchise QB sure has served you well after having some of the most talented teams in the NFL in the 2000's...
Chargers 2006-present
4 AFC West titles
5 playoff appearances
4 playoff wins
1 losing season

Queefs 2006-present
1 AFC West title
3 playoff appearances
0 playoff wins
5 losing seasons

Last edited by F.N.; 05-09-2014 at 12:01 PM..
F.N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #4466
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Good point, that 37 year old QB coming off neck surgery from the Colts instantly made the Broncos from a bottom NFL team to a superbowl contender every year. I wouldnt trade it for anything, regardless if he doesnt bring Denver their 3rd ring.
That was in response to the Chargers fan. The fact that they had that much talent for years and didn't make a Super Bowl is flat out embarrassing.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #4467
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Walter Football

Kansas City Chiefs: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn: D Grade
Ugh. The Chiefs have not been drafting well in this new regime. Their class last year was Eric Fisher (who struggled), Travis Kelce, Knile Davis and Nico Johnson. They dealt this year's second for mediocre Alex Smith. And now they're taking a second-round prospect who fills a minimal need. Things are not looking very bright in Kansas City.

There's no doubt that Ford is a reach. The Chiefs could have moved down and still picked him. Ford also won't start anytime soon with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in front of him. This is the worst pick of the first round thus far, but at least it's not on a Millen level.

And this is why Walterfootball sucks. They have no clue what they are talking about.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Ian Rapoport@Rapsheet
The #Falcons tried to move up for Dee Ford, I imagine at No. 22 when the Eagles traded with the Browns for #JFF. Chiefs grabbed him at 23

12:09 AM - 9 May 2014


---------------------------------------------
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #4468
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
That was in response to the Chargers fan. The fact that they had that much talent for years and didn't make a Super Bowl is flat out embarrassing.
Oh, it's disappointing for sure but there were many mistakes made by ownership/management that contributed to that. Rivers has carried this team despite those mistakes. The point is, they had a real chance all those years because of the QB.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs will trot out Alex Smith for another year of mediocre football. They won't be picking in the top 10 but won't be a real contender for the Super Bowl either. Wash, rinse, repeat for how many years now?

This is something that goes beyond management because they've had multiple GMs over the years yet they never make a real attempt to go for the gold.

The Browns may yet have another bust with Johnny Football but at least they had the balls to take that risk again.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #4469
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default

I'm pretty sure KCStud and your own team's failings just proved how pointless franchise QBs are, boltaneer.

Get with the program.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #4470
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,974
Default

So the greatest defense in the league history just got a Von Miller clone?

Yikes no excuses if they don't dominate this year
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #4471
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
So the greatest defense in the league history just got a Von Miller clone?

Yikes no excuses if they don't dominate this year
Depends on which part of Von Miller got cloned.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #4472
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Oh, it's disappointing for sure but there were many mistakes made by ownership/management that contributed to that. Rivers has carried this team despite those mistakes. The point is, they had a real chance all those years because of the QB.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs will trot out Alex Smith for another year of mediocre football. They won't be picking in the top 10 but won't be a real contender for the Super Bowl either. Wash, rinse, repeat for how many years now?

This is something that goes beyond management because they've had multiple GMs over the years yet they never make a real attempt to go for the gold.

The Browns may yet have another bust with Johnny Football but at least they had the balls to take that risk again.
Alex Smith sure didn't look mediocre at the end of the year. What does it say that the Chiefs are supposedly mediocre and yet the mighty Chargers struggled massively to beat our B team in a game you absolutely had to win?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #4473
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I have recently decided that I will no longer be referring to the Chiefs and Raiders as different teams. To me the are the exact same franchises, doing the exact same dumb things exhibiting the same behavior. I haven't decided if I'll be calling them the Chieders or the Raidefs.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #4474
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Alex Smith sure didn't look mediocre at the end of the year. What does it say that the Chiefs are supposedly mediocre and yet the mighty Chargers struggled massively to beat our B team in a game you absolutely had to win?
Well it sounds like they beat them.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #4475
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
That was in response to the Chargers fan. The fact that they had that much talent for years and didn't make a Super Bowl is flat out embarrassing.
We have all made fun of the Chargers for that missed opportunity but a fact remains is the question of "Do the Chiefs have a QB that can get them even close to the Super Bowl?" Also, luckily for the Chargers is that they still have their QB and rebounded nicely after sub par performances in 2011-12.

I have no major beef with Smith but I would still get a QB sometime in round 2 or 3. The only way they don't is they the Chiefs' front office doesn't see a QB capable of playing within 2 years and taking over for Smith. Of course another team will probably snag that same QB and make him a playoff star.

I believe Chiefs won't waste a big pick on a QB unless a stud drops to them. They will play it out with Smith and see what happens next draft.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Denver Broncos