The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #4351
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
Don't question me, boy!!!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I wouldn't mind doing that, especially if Derek Carr is there. I think Reid and Dorsey earned trust by drafting QB's before that are successful.

If they think a QB is the next big thing then I'll be happy to go with that.
Would love to see the Chefs waste their first round pick on David Carr.

Please let this happen.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #4352
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 15,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Would love to see the Chefs waste their first round pick on David Carr.

Please let this happen.
Yep, seems the hype is growing for Derek, just like it did for David.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #4353
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I don't want the chiefs taking Carr. They need to keep their game manager.
Trade down, get more picks, build the team up.

Deepest draft in years with quality everywhere due to the record amount of talented underclassmen who have come out.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #4354
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Trade down, get more picks, build the team up.

Deepest draft in years with quality everywhere due to the record amount of talented underclassmen who have come out.
Ya they could since they don't have a 2nd rounder. But I like Carr and believe Cleveland will take him in the 20s.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #4355
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I don't want the chiefs taking Carr. They need to keep their game manager.
Smith is way better than Carr. Carr only has a 30% completion percentage when under pressure. Also a huge portion of his passes were within 5 yards of the LOS if I remember right. All KC needs at better WR's and an OL.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #4356
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Ya Mort just said on NFL live that Chiefs are looking at QB with first pick. So if that happens, Smith is done and KCdud is wrong again, Smith wont win a playoff game as a Chief.
and the new QB won't win a regular season game either. 21 years and counting is it?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #4357
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Also a huge portion of his passes were within 5 yards of the LOS if I remember right.
Yeah that sounds nothing like Alex Smith.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #4358
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Dam what's your AV all about?
I think that is a selfie of Hopechest.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #4359
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 
Don't question me, boy!!!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Trade down, get more picks, build the team up.

Deepest draft in years with quality everywhere due to the record amount of talented underclassmen who have come out.
Lol, everyone wants more picks this year. The Texans can't even unload their #1 pick. It's a bad year to not have all your picks. The Chefs could get a pretty nice player with their 2nd round pick, if only they had one.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #4360
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Derek Carr got his ass handed to him in his last game at Fresno vs USC. I would love nothing more than the same happening everytime Denver faces KC if they draft him.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #4361
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 44,715
Default

I would love to see kFc take a QB with their 1st pick. That would mean they have locked up a 2nd from last year, this years 2nd and this years 1st on QB's one of which will sit.

They won't pick again until 3rd round and the chances of getting an impact player who will step in and make the team better will have gone down big time. Hopefully all the good WR's and CB's will be gone by then.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #4362
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would love to see kFc take a QB with their 1st pick. That would mean they have locked up a 2nd from last year, this years 2nd and this years 1st on QB's one of which will sit.

They won't pick again until 3rd round and the chances of getting an impact player who will step in and make the team better will have gone down big time. Hopefully all the good WR's and CB's will be gone by then.
Wrong. You missed the whole "deepest draft in years" discussion.

This draft had a record amount of underclassmen come out and a lot of them are falling because of the amount of talent in the draft.

There are a lot of players you could get in round 3, 4 and 5 that can make immediate contributions to your team.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #4363
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,498
Default

Why do you need immediate contributions?

According to your own logic, you should be drafting talented projects who can be ready to play when Manning retires and you guys have a chance.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #4364
Luke Lucas
Rookie
 
Luke Lucas's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 52

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Maybe KFC will trade next years 2nd so they can move up to take a LT this year. Wait.....what?
Luke Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #4365
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Why do you need immediate contributions?

According to your own logic, you should be drafting talented projects who can be ready to play when Manning retires and you guys have a chance.
Broncos could use those players if they wanna have a chance vs Seattle and SF this year
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #4366
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Broncos could use those players if they wanna have a chance vs Seattle and SF this year
I see you left KC off that list...
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #4367
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I see you left KC off that list...
Bc they didn't get ass raped by 30+ points in one of the most lopsided games in NFL history
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #4368
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Wrong. You missed the whole "deepest draft in years" discussion.

This draft had a record amount of underclassmen come out and a lot of them are falling because of the amount of talent in the draft.

There are a lot of players you could get in round 3, 4 and 5 that can make immediate contributions to your team.
Elway disputed that.

Other than WR, it's a normal draft depth-wise, and frankly i'd agree.

Although CB is pretty loaded as well, not as much as WR is however.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #4369
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Broncos could use those players if they wanna have a chance vs Seattle and SF this year
You're not even trying.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #4370
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Bc they didn't get ass raped by 30+ points in one of the most lopsided games in NFL history
Wtf does that have to do with anything. You said we need players to have a chance against SF and Seattle. I pointed out you didnt put KC on that List of teams that Denver needs to improve to beat.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 05-06-2014 at 02:58 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #4371
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,010

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

2nd largest playoff comeback in NFL history, keeping the streak alive.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #4372
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Elway disputed that.

Other than WR, it's a normal draft depth-wise, and frankly i'd agree.

Although CB is pretty loaded as well, not as much as WR is however.
Pass rusher is pretty deep as well. Good LB's like Christian jones and telvin smith will also now fall due to the drug tests.

Guard is also surprisingly deep. Not like the WR's but there are a lot of quality guys there
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #4373
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pass rusher is pretty deep as well. Good LB's like Christian jones and telvin smith will also now fall due to the drug tests.

Guard is also surprisingly deep. Not like the WR's but there are a lot of quality guys there
You are right on the pass-rushers.

Guard is ok but not insanely deep.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #4374
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pass rusher is pretty deep as well. Good LB's like Christian jones and telvin smith will also now fall due to the drug tests.

Guard is also surprisingly deep. Not like the WR's but there are a lot of quality guys there
Danny Trevathan was a 6th rounder in 2012 and was probably the Broncos Defensive MVP last year. Malcolm Smith was a 7th rounder in 2011, and was Superbowl MVP.

There's talent every year, this year is no different (outside of WR).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #4375
Luke Lucas
Rookie
 
Luke Lucas's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 52

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Was listening to the local sports talk station driving home from work and Mitch Holtus, the voice of the chorfs, was on for about 30 minutes and here is the whole interview boiled down for kfc fans. "Wow, this is the hardest schedule that the chiefs have played in about 20 years. Especially the first 6 games. I laughed all the way home. Sounds like the kfc brass is trying to get the fans ready for a 0-6 start. Embrace the fail. Embrace it.
Luke Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Denver Broncos