The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #4226
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
The Chefs have no choice but to "try to build through the draft." No free agents ever want to come there.
Seriously, who was the last free agent of note the Chefs signed? And please, Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn don't count. Neither does Joe Mays. Have the Chefs signed anyone of note in recent years, or just Broncos castoffs? It is well known around the league: Kansas City is where careers go to die.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #4227
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Seriously, who was the last free agent of note the Chefs signed? And please, Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn don't count. Neither does Joe Mays. Have the Chefs signed anyone of note in recent years, or just Broncos castoffs? It is well known around the league: Kansas City is where careers go to die.
Even Emmanuel Sanders only hung out in Kansas City long enough to say "thanks for the free barbecue, biatches!!!" before fleeing to Denver. And while I think Sanders will be a great complimentary piece for the Broncos, he's far from the franchise savior the Chefs need. And with only one of the first 86 picks, they're unlikely to find their savior in the draft this year, either.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #4228
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Chimpanzees on the loose in KC. Wonder if Reid can sign any to play the scat back?

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/W...254805591.html
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #4229
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Seriously, who was the last free agent of note the Chefs signed? And please, Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn don't count. Neither does Joe Mays. Have the Chefs signed anyone of note in recent years, or just Broncos castoffs? It is well known around the league: Kansas City is where careers go to die.
Hey they upgraded their WR Corps last year by signing the great Dwayne Bowe!

Bowe showed his worth by dropping a deep ball in the playoffs helping to seal the 2nd worst Playoff Choke in NFL History.



I love how kFc handled the Sanders visit. Didn't they outright lie to Sanders to get him back to the building but he listened to his agent and went to the airport.

Class organization.

Maybe they can draft a true RT this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #4230
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Chimpanzees on the loose in KC. Wonder if Reid can sign any to play the scat back?

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/W...254805591.html
If only kFc was that calm during the EPIC Playoff Choke

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #4231
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Hey they upgraded their WR Corps last year by signing the great Dwayne Bowe!

Bowe showed his worth by dropping a deep ball in the playoffs helping to seal the 2nd worst Playoff Choke in NFL History.



I love how kFc handled the Sanders visit. Didn't they outright lie to Sanders to get him back to the building but he listened to his agent and went to the airport.

Class organization.

Maybe they can draft a true RT this year.
Do you feel better making things up?

And I don't give a **** about Sanders. Either Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee will be there at 23, along with other talented WR's throughout the draft.
If there was ever a year to draft a WR, it's this draft.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #4232
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Do you feel better making things up?

And I don't give a **** about Sanders. Either Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee will be there at 23, along with other talented WR's throughout the draft.
If there was ever a year to draft a WR, it's this draft.
Will be glorious to witness them going for a G with that pick.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #4233
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Will be glorious to witness them going for a G with that pick.
severely doubt this happens unless the ND kid somehow falls, which isn't likely.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #4234
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

"If there are winners in free agency, there must also be losers...

LOSERS

Kansas City Chiefs

Their best signing was ... Vance Walker. The best player they re-signed was Husain Abdullah. Meanwhile, the Chiefs lost 6,000 snaps with offensive tackle Branden Albert, guard Jon Asamoah, defensive end Tyson Jackson, returner Dexter McCluster, safety Kendrick Lewis and guard Geoff Schwartz. 6,000!

These weren't Pro Bowl players, but that's a lot of change, especially for an offensive line that was playing well at the end of last season. The Chiefs' salary cap situation got in their way of adding players, and the offense lacks playmakers. This is Andy Reid's second season in Kansas City, but this still feels like a team very much in transition."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...in-free-agency


Now even NFL.com is acknowledging what we have all known for some time: the Chefs suck.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #4235
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Do you feel better making things up?

And I don't give a **** about Sanders. Either Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks, Marqise Lee will be there at 23, along with other talented WR's throughout the draft.
If there was ever a year to draft a WR, it's this draft.
Enjoy reaching on draft picks because you have to draft by need again this year rather than BPA.

One rookie at WR isn't going to upgrade their WR corps. Plus where are you going to draft one? 1st round and reach or use your late 1st to grab much need OL help? Drop back and try to pick up 2 2nd round picks then take one then?

They overpaid for a WR who can't produce and drops balls in big time situations. Hoping to hit on a WR in the draft who can contribute out of the gate in an West Coast O is desperation.

This year may be more of a rebuilding year than last year was for kFc.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #4236
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Look what I just found, sound familiar?

K.C. needs a wideout -- or two

The Chiefs have watched a boatload of solid starters walk out the door this offseason.

Free-Agent Tracker
Follow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minute tracking of 2014's free agents. More...
For this offense to pick up where it left off last season, Andy Reid must source new playmakers in the passing game. Dwayne Bowe is overpaid and hardly an inspiring No. 1 after squeezing out just 57 catches in 2013.

Kansas City's second-leading receiver, Dexter McCluster, is gone. That leaves Donnie Avery, who averaged just 2.5 catches per game, as the No. 2 option ahead of projects Junior Hemingway and A.J. Jenkins.

Alex Smith lit up the Colts for 363 yards in the wild-card loss to Indy, but the Chiefs finished the year as the 24th-ranked air attack and a lowly 27th in yards per attempt (6.5). Staring at a receiver-rich draft class, it's time for Reid to rip off the training wheels and find one -- maybe two -- field-stretching targets who can diversify this offense.

-- Marc Sessler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...g-roster-holes
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #4237
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Look what I just found, sound familiar?

K.C. needs a wideout -- or two

The Chiefs have watched a boatload of solid starters walk out the door this offseason.

Free-Agent Tracker
Follow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minute tracking of 2014's free agents. More...
For this offense to pick up where it left off last season, Andy Reid must source new playmakers in the passing game. Dwayne Bowe is overpaid and hardly an inspiring No. 1 after squeezing out just 57 catches in 2013.

Kansas City's second-leading receiver, Dexter McCluster, is gone. That leaves Donnie Avery, who averaged just 2.5 catches per game, as the No. 2 option ahead of projects Junior Hemingway and A.J. Jenkins.

Alex Smith lit up the Colts for 363 yards in the wild-card loss to Indy, but the Chiefs finished the year as the 24th-ranked air attack and a lowly 27th in yards per attempt (6.5). Staring at a receiver-rich draft class, it's time for Reid to rip off the training wheels and find one -- maybe two -- field-stretching targets who can diversify this offense.

-- Marc Sessler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...g-roster-holes
This is hilarious, Chiefs are in trouuuuble.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #4238
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Cooks, Lee, ODB Jr. and a lot of other nice WR's scattered throughout this draft.

I think Reid (DeSean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Jeremy Maclin) and Dorsey (Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings) know how to find WR's in the draft...
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #4239
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Enjoy reaching on draft picks because you have to draft by need again this year rather than BPA.

One rookie at WR isn't going to upgrade their WR corps. Plus where are you going to draft one? 1st round and reach or use your late 1st to grab much need OL help? Drop back and try to pick up 2 2nd round picks then take one then?

They overpaid for a WR who can't produce and drops balls in big time situations. Hoping to hit on a WR in the draft who can contribute out of the gate in an West Coast O is desperation.

This year may be more of a rebuilding year than last year was for kFc.
WR is the best player available in the first round.

And you might want to take a look at DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin rookie years. You are soooooo dumb.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #4240
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,501

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Cooks, Lee, ODB Jr. and a lot of other nice WR's scattered throughout this draft.

I think Reid (DeSean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Jeremy Maclin) and Dorsey (Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings) know how to find WR's in the draft...
Phi had Foles/Vick, and GB has arguably the best QB in football, so...
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #4241
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Phi had Foles/Vick, and GB has arguably the best QB in football, so...
I think we'll be fine.

KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #4242
Flacko
UDFA
 
Flacko's Avatar
 
Rookie

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
WR is the best player available in the first round.

And you might want to take a look at DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin rookie years. You are soooooo dumb.
At times, I'm not sure if you're serious or an expert troll. I guess you can be both.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #4243
boppool
Ring of Famer
 
boppool's Avatar
 
Superbowl or bust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

The Captain Checkdown is looking for a contract extension in neighborhood of $14M to $17M

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-the-draft/

Please make it happen.

boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #4244
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
The Captain Checkdown is looking for a contract extension in neighborhood of $14M to $17M

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-the-draft/

Please make it happen.

Too bad Sheepstud isn't the Chef's GM. You know he wouldn't hesitate to throw a ton of cash at his bromantic butt buddy.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #4245
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Haha that's huge money for a game manager.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #4246
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,674

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
The Captain Checkdown is looking for a contract extension in neighborhood of $14M to $17M
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #4247
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,702

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
The Captain Checkdown is looking for a contract extension in neighborhood of $14M to $17M

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-the-draft/

Please make it happen.

Pay the man. He has HOF stats that are very FF relevant in the playoffs. He deserves a huge raise.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #4248
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

He plays like he did the 2nd half of the season last year and he's well worth it.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #4249
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He plays like he did the 2nd half of the season last year and he's well worth it.
That's still pretty high no matter how you look at it. I cannot see 17 at all. 11-14 IMO.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #4250
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If KC doesn't pay around $17 million a season, someone else will.

Chiefs fans just have to hope Alex Smith is really true to his word and money doesn't really matter as much as building a great team.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Denver Broncos