The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #4051
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
So basically if Manning isn't playing the likes of Rex Grossman than he can't win a championship.

Well, don't think the stars are aligning again anytime soon.
It isn't QB vs QB, it is 11 on 11.

I know it is hard for you to understand but unless your Raheem Moore or Michael Dean Perry one guy usually doesn't win or lose a football game.

Manning was driving vs the Saints when he made a mistake late in the game, Colts had the worst Run D that year and Freeney had a bum ankle, I don't think he finished that SB loss. Manning had 2 WR's worth anything that year in Clark and Wayne, he elevated the other 2 guys like he did with Decker this year but when they faced a D that was head hunting and a Saints O that was equal or better across the board Manning had to force a throw to one of his only 2 playmakers and it got picked.

In the last SB we were down 2 points before Manning ever touched the ball. The SeaThugs brutalized the Broncos receivers all day. Decker couldn't get off coverage (which is why they went for the upgrade with Sanders) and both our Backup LT and Starting RT struggled all day. You pressure a QB and make him play from behind and he forces throws and makes mistakes but of course it is all Mannings fault because he didn't wrap up a tackle on 3rd and 12, 3rd and 8, 3rd an 10, 3rd and whatever all day etc...

You only see black and white though.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #4052
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That is probably a record of one and done for a team in history of the NFL I would bet.
Lions maybe?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #4053
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,379

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Lions maybe?
Doubt they have been in the playoffs as much as KC. The only team I could think of is maybe the Vikings?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #4054
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Doubt they have been in the playoffs as much as KC. The only team I could think of is maybe the Vikings?
I looked it up Lions have been one and done 9 times (since 1970) and haven't won a playoff since 1991.

It is really hard to find a bad franchise that sucks as much as kFc does in the playoffs.

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #4055
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It isn't QB vs QB, it is 11 on 11.

I know it is hard for you to understand but unless your Raheem Moore or Michael Dean Perry one guy usually doesn't win or lose a football game.

Manning was driving vs the Saints when he made a mistake late in the game, Colts had the worst Run D that year and Freeney had a bum ankle, I don't think he finished that SB loss. Manning had 2 WR's worth anything that year in Clark and Wayne, he elevated the other 2 guys like he did with Decker this year but when they faced a D that was head hunting and a Saints O that was equal or better across the board Manning had to force a throw to one of his only 2 playmakers and it got picked.

In the last SB we were down 2 points before Manning ever touched the ball. The SeaThugs brutalized the Broncos receivers all day. Decker couldn't get off coverage (which is why they went for the upgrade with Sanders) and both our Backup LT and Starting RT struggled all day. You pressure a QB and make him play from behind and he forces throws and makes mistakes but of course it is all Mannings fault because he didn't wrap up a tackle on 3rd and 12, 3rd and 8, 3rd an 10, 3rd and whatever all day etc...

You only see black and white though.
I agree but it doesn't say much that all of Elway's draft picks on the field got owned. Orlando Franklin, Rahim "the dream" Moore, Trevathan. All those guys sucked.

And now some broken and past the hill players are gonna put you over the top? Not buying it. Plus you let your best pass rusher go.

Last edited by KCStud; 04-08-2014 at 08:53 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #4056
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,324

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I agree but it doesn't say much that all of Elway's draft picks on the field got owned. Orlando Franklin, Rahim "the dream" Moore, Trevathan. All those guys sucked.

And now some broken and past the hill players are gonna put you over the top? Not buying it. Plus you let your best pass rusher go.
1. Raheem didn't play in the SB.
2. Trevathan was like a 6th round pick. Surely you can find a higher drafted player to rip on than that.
3. our best pass rusher finished the season on IR, and will be healthy in 2014.

you know all of this. Troll better.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #4057
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I agree but it doesn't say much that all of Elway's draft picks on the field got owned. Orlando Franklin, Rahim "the dream" Moore, Trevathan. All those guys sucked.

And now some broken and past the hill players are gonna put you over the top? Not buying it. Plus you let your best pass rusher go.
You're saying Phillips > Ware?



And Von is the Broncos best pass rusher, dont be stupid.

Rahim wasnt on the field, idiot.

Trevathan had a good game, and obviously Franklin got owned.

Minus maybe Ware, the players they signed are 27, 27, and 28, if thats over the hill, i dont know.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #4058
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 20,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I agree but it doesn't say much that all of Elway's draft picks on the field got owned. Orlando Franklin, Rahim "the dream" Moore, Trevathan. All those guys sucked.

And now some broken and past the hill players are gonna put you over the top? Not buying it. Plus you let your best pass rusher go.
Ya cause Von isn't our best pass rusher. Oh wait...


What a cluster **** of a day of posting for you. Lie about how many KC one and dones. Lie about the best pass rusher. You're a ****ing idiot.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #4059
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
1. Raheem didn't play in the SB.
2. Trevathan was like a 6th round pick. Surely you can find a higher drafted player to rip on than that.
3. our best pass rusher finished the season on IR, and will be healthy in 2014.

you know all of this. Troll better.
Injuries aren't an excuse. Read the thread and keep up.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #4060
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Ya cause Von isn't our best pass rusher. Oh wait...


What a cluster **** of a day of posting for you. Lie about how many KC one and dones. Lie about the best pass rusher. You're a ****ing idiot.
He wasn't last year. He wasn't as good as the years before and he got hurt.

Whether you admit it or not, Shaun Phillips was a key player on that D last year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #4061
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 20,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He wasn't last year. He wasn't as good as the years before and he got hurt.

Whether you admit it or not, Shaun Phillips was a key player on that D last year.
Von ranked FIRST in the league among all 4-3 OLBs in his abbreviated 2013 season. +40 grade. Ya he really sucked. You need to learn how to watch football.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...afc-ir-report/


And if you had watched broncos games you'd notice Phillips disappearing through stretches of games all the time. Ware will replace Phillips production at the very least, and more than likely will pass it considerably.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 04-08-2014 at 09:23 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #4062
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Von ranked FIRST in the league among all 4-3 OLBs in his abbreviated 2013 season. +40 grade. Ya he really sucked. You need to learn how to watch football.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...afc-ir-report/
And you can't read. He got hurt and Phillips was a key player on that D.

So...you're relying on broken players to put you over the top? Besides Ward you are relying on...

Ware has had surgery in back-to-back off seasons and was clearly not what he was before last season.
Talib can't stay on the field if his life depended on it. He's played HALF of the time the last 3 years.
Von and Harris had ACL repair surgery and that is never good, especially for a DB.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #4063
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
He wasn't last year. He wasn't as good as the years before and he got hurt.

Whether you admit it or not, Shaun Phillips was a key player on that D last year.
Yes, he was, he was the top rated OLB on PFF by a mile.

Phillips was a key, role player but he declined alot late in the year.

A good player, yes but to say Ware wont be better than him other than him not being healthy is ridiculous.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #4064
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And you can't read. He got hurt and Phillips was a key player on that D.

So...you're relying on broken players to put you over the top? Besides Ward you are relying on...

Ware has had surgery in back-to-back off seasons and was clearly not what he was before last season.
Talib can't stay on the field if his life depended on it. He's played HALF of the time the last 3 years.
Von and Harris had ACL repair surgery and that is never good, especially for a DB.
Phillips was a key player, yes, you're acting like we lost, Lawrence Taylor.

And they gave him a physical and would presume he's healthy, doubt they sign him for that amount if they dont think he's healthy. He had 2 sacks in Week 2 vs KC before the injuries.

Talib, yes.

Harris is 30% torn, already off crutches, and said he believes he'll be ready Week 1.

With Von, yes, but like Harris, i dont believe it was fully torn like Gronk's was.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #4065
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 20,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Talib played in 13 games in 2013. 10 in 2012. 13 in 2011. So that's 36 games in 48 opportunities. How is that "HALF"?? That would be 24.


The **** you say are blatant lies. You try to throw anything at the wall and nothing sticks. Your entire arguments are based off false lies like this.

And when I confront the "you guys let your best pass rusher go" with facts that say VON is our best pass rusher you try to clean it up with more lies.

**** you I'm done.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 04-08-2014 at 09:40 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #4066
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Talib played in 13 games in 2013. 10 in 2012. 13 in 2011. So that's 36 games in 48 opportunities. How is that "HALF"?? That would be 24.


The **** you say are blatant lies. You try to throw anything at the wall and nothing sticks. Your entire arguments are based off false lies like this.

**** you I'm done.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...254/aqib-talib

GP=Games played

23 last 3 years...oh and he got injured by the small player on the field haha
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #4067
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

remember that time the groundskeeper was painting their end zone and he made it say 'Chefs' instead of Chiefs? Oh man, that was funny.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #4068
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

remember those times the Broncos won the Super Bowl? That was cool.
remember those time the chefs made it to the Super bowl? me neither.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #4069
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

http://www.kffl.com/player/18312/nfl...ory/aqib-talib

Put on IR twice in last 4 years, constant hamstring and hip injuries last 2 and got hurt by the smallest player on the field last time he played.

In fact, Talib has NEVER played a full 16 games since he was drafted.

Yup. This guy aint injury prone at all..and Elway gave him the most guaranteed money any CB has ever received!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #4070
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 20,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

What the **** you talking about.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TaliAq99.htm

6 games with TB. 4 with Patriots. That's 10 games right there. 13 games 2013. 13 games 2011.

Man you are stupid.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #4071
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

kc guy, do you think kc will beat Denver this year. even once? serious question. i'm looking for some chef insight.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #4072
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 20,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
http://www.kffl.com/player/18312/nfl...ory/aqib-talib

Put on IR twice in last 4 years, constant hamstring and hip injuries last 2 and got hurt by the smallest player on the field last time he played.

In fact, Talib has NEVER played a full 16 games since he was drafted.

Yup. This guy aint injury prone at all..and Elway gave him the most guaranteed money any CB has ever received!
Read your link.

2011. 13 games

2012. 6 games
4 games

2013. 13 games

Add that up.


And here's some clarity on Talibs contract since you haven't a clue about that either.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/03/13/aqi...he-first-year/

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 04-08-2014 at 09:57 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #4073
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Denver is better at every possible starting position then KC. Ask Emmanuel Sanders he will tell you.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #4074
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Denver is better at every possible starting position then KC. Ask Emmanuel Sanders he will tell you.


Someone is putting Sanders on a giant pedestal. Didn't realize he was this great WR. He's pretty good, but man you're sucking his knob.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #4075
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Read your link.

2011. 13 games

2012. 6 games
4 games

2013. 13 games

Add that up.
So you're saying Talib is NOT and injury prone player who is constantly hurt and broken? Because that is the entire point.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Denver Broncos