The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #3751
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
i didnt remember Davis from the Arrowhead game, which one was he?

All i remember was Peyton Manning never losing to the Chiefs as a Bronco. 4-0. A 4 game sweep against 1 team is called a MEGA sweep. MMEEEEGGGGAAAA SWEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Sorry, it was a rough last game of the year from the broncos, have to have some offseason fun.
He scored the kickoff return at Arrowhead.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #3752
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

I love how chef fans tell us how awesome they are in a thread that reminds us that they suck.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #3753
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
MEGA SWEEP
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #3754
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He played for Oakland last year. He's going to be a needed upgrade over Tyson Jackson, especially with Manning and Rivers in the division.
The Broncos were actually interested in Walker.

Vance Walker had 43 total QB pressures last year. Tyson Jackson only had 8. So Walker disrupted the QB over 5X as often as Jackson did last year.
The Chiefs desperately needed a capable disruptor on the DL to pair with Poe.

And I'm not sure why people are making a HUGE deal out of KC losing these players?

Asamoah was benched because he sucked ass last year. DMC scored 5 career TD's on offense and only 2 last year. He made like 1 play on offense last year. Yes he'll be missed on ST's, but our coach made Demps and Davis (I'm sure Broncos fans remember Davis from the Arrowhead game) look very good. Toub is a great ST's coach.
Albert will be missed, but what does it say that when he was out for a long period of time, there was no noticeable difference?

I will admit I wasn't happy about losing Schwartz. He was a very good G for us and made a difference. They obviously have faith in someone else, but we'll have to see. Question marks there.
Do you think KC got better this offseason? I sure don't think so. Last year showed that they were fools gold all year just like we all were claiming. The 2000 Ravens 2.0 were really just the 2006 and 2009 Broncos defense which is not a good thing..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #3755
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
MEGA SWEEP
What will it be called after we kick their asses 2 more times this year and it's 6-0?
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #3756
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
what happened in the game after that?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #3757
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Do you think KC got better this offseason? I sure don't think so. Last year showed that they were fools gold all year just like we all were claiming. The 2000 Ravens 2.0 were really just the 2006 and 2009 Broncos defense which is not a good thing..
I think they are bordering around the same as they were, but the draft could make them a lot better depending on who they draft. An Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Jace Amaro or pass rusher or DB like Dennard or Verrett or Pryor would help a lot.

Dorsey comes from GB and like Schneider in Seattle, he's relying on the draft to get better.

Fisher struggled playing a new position on the right side, but now he's playing on his natural side. He was told to put on 15 lbs and hit the gym, so we'll see how he does. That potential is there.

Kelce was a weapon in college that fell because of off the field concerns. Commings was a good S prospect that fell for the same reasons. In fact, Commings had better numbers at the combine last year than any Safety in this class.

Catapano is another guy who looked like a nice rotational product. I think he'll get a few sacks this year. Nice 7th round pick IMO.
Cooper was off the waiver wire, but he looked very good last year aside from the Rivers/Manning game, but he was a rookie who just started playing CB. What did you expect would happen?

Fisher, Kelce and Commings got injured, which is unfortunate because none of those guys have a history of that.

Not sure how they will do this year, but we'll find out..

Last edited by KCStud; 04-05-2014 at 12:24 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #3758
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
MEGA SWEEP

I hope you don't use that as the one thing that made last year a success for you.

Because that would be sad.

Last edited by KCStud; 04-05-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #3759
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I think they are bordering around the same as they were, but the draft could make them a lot better depending on who they draft. An Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Jace Amaro or pass rusher or DB like Dennard or Verrett or Pryor would help a lot.

Dorsey comes from GB and like Schneider in Seattle, he's relying on the draft to get better.

Fisher struggled playing a new position on the right side, but now he's playing on his natural side. He was told to put on 15 lbs and hit the gym, so we'll see how he does. That potential is there.

Kelce was a weapon in college that fell because of off the field concerns. Commings was a good S prospect that fell for the same reasons. In fact, Commings had better numbers at the combine than any Safety in this class.

Catapano is another guy who looked like a nice rotational product. I think he'll get a few sacks this year. Nice 7th round pick IMO.
Cooper was off the waiver wire, but he looked very good last year aside from the Rivers/Manning game, but he was a rookie who just started playing CB. What did you expect would happen?

Fisher, Kelce and Commings got injured, which is unfortunate because none of those guys have a history of that.

Not sure how they will do this year, but we'll find out..
Seattle has at least been active in FA.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #3760
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Seattle has at least been active in FA.
Seattle has their star players on rookie deals. They can afford to spend money right now.

Gonna be interesting what happens in a couple years when they have to pay Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman big contracts.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #3761
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Seattle has their star players on rookie deals. They can afford to spend money right now.

Gonna be interesting what happens in a couple years when they have to pay Earl Thomas, Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman big contracts.
Seattle has let some guys walk but they have also resigned many of their FA which just as important as bringing in other teams FA to fill holes. KC has let their FA's walk and has not brought in anyone to replace them. That's a big difference right there.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #3762
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Seattle has let some guys walk but they have also resigned many of their FA which just as important as bringing in other teams FA to fill holes. KC has let their FA's walk and has not brought in anyone to replace them. That's a big difference right there.
Vance Walker is replacing Tyson Jackson and will be a big upgrade IMO as proven above. More info on Walker..

RT @JinxFootball: 32 Qb hurries last year, 5th for 4-3 DTs/3-4 NTs - played 200 less snaps than Poe and had 4 more hurries>>>bingo.

Looks like a decent addition.

Eric Fisher is replacing Branden Albert. We'll see how that works, but the potential for Fisher is definitely there.

Asamoah was replaced during the season. No loss there.

DMC had 2 TD's and 511 yards on offense. Don't think it will be hard to replace that honestly. ST's might be tougher though.

Kendrick Lewis and Quinten Demps were dumpster fire DB's who nobody will miss because they suck that much.

Schwartz is the one guy who I didn't like losing. Not sure how they plan to replace him.

Last edited by KCStud; 04-05-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #3763
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Vance Walker is replacing Tyson Jackson and will be a big upgrade IMO as proven above. More info on Walker..

RT @JinxFootball: 32 Qb hurries last year, 5th for 4-3 DTs/3-4 NTs - played 200 less snaps than Poe and had 4 more hurries>>>bingo.

Looks like a decent addition.

Eric Fisher is replacing Branden Albert. We'll see how that works, but the potential for Fisher is definitely there.

Asamoah was replaced during the season. No loss there.

DMC had 2 TD's and 511 yards on offense. Don't think it will be hard to replace that honestly. ST's might be tougher though.

Kendrick Lewis and Quinten Demps were dumpster fire DB's who nobody will miss because they suck that much.

Schwartz is the one guy who I didn't like losing. Not sure how they plan to replace him.
Fisher was always going to be the eventual LT but the other OL guys that kc let walk, well, good luck with that.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #3764
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Fisher was always going to be the eventual LT but the other OL guys that kc let walk, well, good luck with that.
He's been told to put on 15 lbs and hit the gym, as this is his first real NFL offseason. He's also playing his natural position at LT instead of learning the right side. Lack of strength and playing on the right side was this kid's biggest problem last year. We're gonna find out a lot about him this season IMO.

I still don't know WTF this team is doing at RG, but Donald Stephenson looked solid last year.

But God help me if we draft a Guard at 23.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #3765
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:

Looks like that bad signing of Bowe last year hamstrung kFc like I said at the time. Just think if they had his cap space they might be able to upgrade a few positions.

Your right losing mCcluster isn't that big a deal, finding WR's who can catch and want to play for kFc is another thing.

No impact signings means more dink and dunk behind a weaker OL and a D that has been exposed.

I am guessing Reid will try to ride out the Manning years building the team in the draft and hope to get lucky facing backup/1st time QB's.

I do wonder how much more they can ride Charles like they have.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #3766
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Looks like that bad signing of Bowe last year hamstrung kFc like I said at the time. Just think if they had his cap space they might be able to upgrade a few positions.

Your right losing mCcluster isn't that big a deal, finding WR's who can catch and want to play for kFc is another thing.

No impact signings means more dink and dunk behind a weaker OL and a D that has been exposed.

I am guessing Reid will try to ride out the Manning years building the team in the draft and hope to get lucky facing backup/1st time QB's.

I do wonder how much more they can ride Charles like they have.
The Broncos have "won" free agency 3 years in a row now and nothing has come of it.

TJ Ward was a great signing. Sanders was a good signing too. But Talib and Ware made me laugh out loud.
Talib is on the field literally half the time the last 3 years and Elway paid big for him.

Ware is on the downward slope and has had surgeries the last 2 offseasons. He was clearly not what he was before and struggled playing in a 4-3, which he's doing here.
I still think Jared Allen would have been a better signing.

Either way, the Manning era is coming to an end and Elway knows it. That's why he's throwing everything into next year...
Old 04-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #3767
IA-Broncosfan53
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yep, nothing has come from it exception back-to-back-to-back AFC West crowns, back-to-back winning 13 win seasons and #1 seeds, a super bowl appearance, havn't lost a road division game in years.... But keep on thinking "nothing has come from it". Chiefs would kill to have had a fraction of the success we have had during the last 3 seasons. I mean, that 2010 division crown was impressive and all, playing one of the all time weakest schedules in modern NFL history and getting crushed at home in the playoffs...

You clearly have not looked at the contracts with a statement like "throwing everything into next year", but I am sure that's the narrative for chiefdom fans.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #3768
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

Quote:
The Broncos have "won" free agency 3 years in a row now and nothing has come of it.

TJ Ward was a great signing. Sanders was a good signing too. But Talib and Ware made me laugh out loud.
Talib is on the field literally half the time the last 3 years and Elway paid big for him.

Ware is on the downward slope and has had surgeries the last 2 offseasons. He was clearly not what he was before and struggled playing in a 4-3, which he's doing here.

Either way, the Manning era is coming to an end and Elway knows it. That's why he's throwing everything into next year...
All the moves Denver is making in Free Agency makes sense. Let's see in the past three years, as you said, three AFC West titles, one AFC Championship and a record of 37-17(including playoffs). What has your team done again? I'll remind you, they blew a 28-point lead vs the Colts!

Maybe if KFC signed Emmanuel Sanders it would of been a 31-point lead.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #3769
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

3 AFC West titles, 3 straight trips to the playoffs, 1 SB appearance.

The last part isnt true.

It's pretty damn hard to win a SB, hell nearly half the damn league hasnt won one or it's 15 teams who dont have one now.

Most of those contracts are essentially 1-2 year deals they can get out of if they wanted.

But some tough decisions are coming though.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #3770
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This team with Manning is SB or bust. Nothing else matters..
Old 04-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #3771
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

Quote:
This team with Manning is SB or bust. Nothing else matters..
And the Chiefs with Alex Smith is what?

I'll wait...

Last edited by Flacko; 04-05-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #3772
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
And the Chiefs with Alex Smith is what?

I'll wait...
Capable of winning in the playoffs.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #3773
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

Quote:
Not with the Chiefs
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #3774
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Not with the Chiefs
His play in the playoffs says otherwise.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #3775
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

Quote:
Typical KFC fan, satisfied with a playoff appearance or a wildcard win. Even after Manning retires the Chargers will field a better team than the Queefs.

Quote:
His play in the playoffs says otherwise.
It would of been fun watching Brady and the Pats destroy you guys.