The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #3351
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is it also interesting that against the Colts we played zone defense for the first time all year? Is also interesting that our coach played very conservative on offense? For the last five weeks we opened up our offense and took several shots down the field. Now we played very conservative and appeared to be very vanilla.

It's almost as if our coaching staff didn't want to give our playoff opponent any kind of tape on how our game plan would work against their game plan.

Nah who am I kidding that's crazy talk

Last edited by KCStud; 12-24-2013 at 02:54 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #3352
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It is crazy talk. KC very much wanted to win that football game and really wasn't any more vanilla then they normally are
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #3353
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
It is crazy talk. KC very much wanted to win that football game and really wasn't any more vanilla then they normally are
He's just trying to rationalize a beatdown. Trying to sound like other apologists thinking they didnt want to win the west.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #3354
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Yes, KC football and plain vanilla offense are mutually inclusive.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #3355
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And when they get the **** kicked out of them in the first round I'm sure it will be because they don't want to give away next years game plan.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #3356
Grumps
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Is it also interesting that against the Colts we played zone defense for the first time all year? Is also interesting that our coach played very conservative on offense? For the last five weeks we opened up our offense and took several shots down the field. Now we played very conservative and appeared to be very vanilla.

It's almost as if our coaching staff didn't want to give our playoff opponent any kind of tape on how our game plan would work against their game plan.

Do you really believe the **** you type? You have to be the biggest homer I have ever seen.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #3357
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Chiefs players played bad no doubt, but anyone who watches this team knows Andy was not calling plays like he had been the last 5 weeks.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #3358
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He's just trying to rationalize a beatdown. Trying to sound like other apologists thinking they didnt want to win the west.
You're right I should stop acting like this board usually does, like last year when you all said Flacco didn't do anything special and got lucky
Old 12-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3359
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

Quote:
You're right I should stop acting like this board usually does, like last year when you all said Flacco didn't do anything special and got lucky
You really need to pull Flaccos ********* your mouth. Elite. Hahahahaha
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #3360
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Looks like the Chiefs are going to treat the SD game as a pre-season game and let a number of key starters play for just a few series.

When are teams going to learn that it's more important to hit the playoffs playing your best football, not resting your starters and enter with a losing streak?

I'll take it though.
Agreed 110%
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #3361
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Uh...he did. That was an enormous **** up by Rahim Moore. So much so that NO ONE ever refers to it as a great play by flacco. They always refer to it as a **** up by Rahim moore
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #3362
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
You really need to pull Flaccos ********* your mouth. Elite. Hahahahaha
He sucks! He's a bum! / omane
Old 12-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #3363
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He sucks! He's a bum! / omane
You are such a tremendous dickhead. Beat twice, lose the division, still talk your bull**** trash.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #3364
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Chiefs players played bad no doubt, but anyone who watches this team knows Andy was not calling plays like he had been the last 5 weeks.
I dunno. They did a lot of screens and short passes against Oakland; it's just the Raiders are so inept at defending them.

Far as your Flacco stuff, he played a great game but there's a difference between needing a hail mary to force overtime, and being dominated in all three phases of the game like KC was against Indy, or Denver was against SD the week before.

They just got beat. **** happens. Maybe it'll be different if they meet again in the playoffs, but it won't be because KC was holding anything back the first meeting. There were a lot of angry Chiefs players in that locker room, one that even questioned what KC could do against good teams. You don't have that kind of response if it's a game you don't care about winning.

If there was a team that was holding anything back, it was the Colts in the 4th quarter, when they went into kill the clock mode.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #3365
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Uh...he did. That was an enormous **** up by Rahim Moore. So much so that NO ONE ever refers to it as a great play by flacco. They always refer to it as a **** up by Rahim moore
I guess we're gonna ignore the other 2 bombs that Flacco embarrassed you on before that pass.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #3366
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I dunno. They did a lot of screens and short passes against Oakland; it's just the Raiders are so inept at defending them.

Far as your Flacco stuff, he played a great game but there's a difference between needing a hail mary to force overtime, and being dominated in all three phases of the game like KC was against Indy, or Denver was against SD the week before.

They just got beat. **** happens. Maybe it'll be different if they meet again in the playoffs, but it won't be because KC was holding anything back the first meeting. There were a lot of angry Chiefs players in that locker room, one that even questioned what KC could do against good teams. You don't have that kind of response if it's a game you don't care about winning.

If there was a team that was holding anything back, it was the Colts in the 4th quarter, when they went into kill the clock mode.
There's no doubt that the players, outside of Jamaal, played bad, but if you watch this team you would've noticed it was very vanilla compared to what we've seen the last 5 weeks. Even Mitch Holthus noted this in the 2nd quarter.

It's also apparent that Justin Houston is as important to the KC D as Welker is to the Bronco O. Just as the Broncos offense collapsed without him against SD, the Chiefs D collapses without Houston.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #3367
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I guess we're gonna ignore the other 2 bombs that Flacco embarrassed you on before that pass.
Way to change the convo dickhead. No one says flacco played bad, in fact if anything, revisionist history suggests he "tore us apart all game" which isn't true either considering he completed 18 passes all day

People say that last pass to jones was lucky. And he was very lucky that both Moore and carter (more Moore) ****ed up

****ing dick
Old 12-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #3368
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You are such a tremendous dickhead. Beat twice, lose the division, still talk your bull**** trash.
STD wouldn't have replaced Croyle with flacco. I dont know why his dumbass always brings him up.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #3369
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
There's no doubt that the players, outside of Jamaal, played bad, but if you watch this team you would've noticed it was very vanilla compared to what we've seen the last 5 weeks. Even Mitch Holthus noted this in the 2nd quarter.

It's also apparent that Justin Houston is as important to the KC D as Welker is to the Bronco O. Just as the Broncos offense collapsed without him against SD, the Chiefs D collapses without Houston.
Cept we scored 37 without him and was a top five offense without him ALL LAST YEAR

NICE TRY DICKHEAD. Die
Old 12-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #3370
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Welker is important to the Broncos offense, but I have a hard time buying he was the main reason Denver lost to San Diego. Denver had a very high powered offense a year ago, without Welker, after all... and it wasn't like Caldwell had a bad game in his slot. I think they lost that game with a lot of costly penalties, getting owned on both lines, and bad special teams play

Obviously, Houston's a great player, who will improve KC's defense, if he can return at close to 100%, but there are still a lot of issues with the Chiefs defense, especially in the secondary. KC primarily lost because they had four turnovers... hard to win that way, especially against a team as good as the Colts
Old 12-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #3371
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Welker is important to the Broncos offense, but I have a hard time buying he was the main reason Denver lost to San Diego. Denver had a very high powered offense a year ago, without Welker, after all... and it wasn't like Caldwell had a bad game in his slot. I think they lost that game with a lot of costly penalties, getting owned on both lines, and bad special teams play

Obviously, Houston's a great player, who will improve KC's defense, if he can return at close to 100%, but there are still a lot of issues with the Chiefs defense, especially in the secondary. KC primarily lost because they had four turnovers... hard to win that way, especially against a team as good as the Colts
He knows this. He's trolling. Dunno why he's not banned already
Old 12-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #3372
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:

I don't buy that crap for a second. The Chiefs were still playing for the division and a 1st round bye. Yeah, it's unlikely Denver would lose to the Texans but the Texans were only down by 3 points entering the fourth quarter. How stupid would Reid look if the Broncos lost and they threw away a chance at a bye because they didn't "want to give the Colts game tape"?

Give me a break. It's the end of the season. The Colts will have 16 games of tape to look at.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #3373
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I don't buy that crap for a second. The Chiefs were still playing for the division and a 1st round bye. Yeah, it's unlikely Denver would lose to the Texans but the Texans were only down by 3 points entering the fourth quarter. How stupid would Reid look if the Broncos lost and they threw away a chance at a bye because they didn't "want to give the Colts game tape"?

Give me a break. It's the end of the season. The Colts will have 16 games of tape to look at.
agreed. It's BS. I didn't watch the game but I assume they just got their ass beat
Old 12-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #3374
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:

BTW, there are a number of scenarios where the Chiefs wind up playing the Bengals and not the Colts so there's another hole shot in your stupid game tape theory.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #3375
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Trump is human garbage

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Wait, is KCDud claiming that the Chiefs weren't really trying 100% against the Colts?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote