The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #3326
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's funny when Bronco fans trash Chiefs fans for not showing up in the cold nasty weather, but forget that they did the same thing 2 weeks ago at home.

Player intro's right before kickoff

Peter Burns
@PeterBurnsRadio
Capacity for #Broncos game is roughly 78,000. About 50,000 here to see kick off. #18Degrees

28,000 (36% of the crowd) were no shows.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #3327
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's funny when Bronco fans trash Chiefs fans for not showing up in the cold nasty weather, but forget that they did the same thing 2 weeks ago at home.

Player intro's right before kickoff

Peter Burns
@PeterBurnsRadio
Capacity for #Broncos game is roughly 78,000. About 50,000 here to see kick off. #18Degrees

28,000 (36% of the crowd) were no shows.
Hmmm...does anyone give a **** what KCStud thinks...ever? Lose to the broncos twice, lose the divison, on the o-mane to talk ****.

If we have a question about genital warts, we'll ask you.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #3328
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Today the broncos are ranked 22nd in total defense. Chiefs are ranked 23rd.

So much for that HOF defense eh? Hahaa hahahhaa

As far as attendance? How many years waiting list is it for the chiefs? Sell out streak since the 70s?

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsacco...ellout-streak/

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 12-23-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #3329
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Today the broncos are ranked 22nd in total defense. Chiefs are ranked 23rd.

So much for that HOF defense eh? Hahaa hahahhaa

As far as attendance? How many years waiting list is it for the chiefs? Sell out streak since the 70s?

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsacco...ellout-streak/
Chiefs 7th. Denver 6th. Not much of a difference.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Btw Chiefs are still 4th in points given up while Broncos are 22nd.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #3330
CHEF MARIO
plumber, brother, winning

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#24...sike

Quote:

youre number 1 in epic retards though
congrats!!!
CHEF MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #3331
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

look at that same data set, but sort by percentage.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #3332
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:

Good to see I was talking overall. While you condensed it to this season. And PCT is the biggest stat on that link you put up.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #3333
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
i hate alex smith so much

saw this coming since the preseason and i want to rip my dick off
and disappoint all the boys out there?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #3334
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
actually, that was from Lindsey Jones late in the first quarter.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 21h
Chiefs up 7-0, 5 mins into first quarter. pic.twitter.com/IZ3UtE4YTP
Like he said, the game was over. Everyone knew full well the Chiefs weren't scoring more than 7 points.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #3335
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Wow kFc looked even worse than I thought they might look at home. I just rewatched the DVR of the Indy at kFc game. The $56 Million Dollar man had way too many drops, thing is that Decker was held just as bad a lot of times but kFc fanboys (ie. Trolls) said that he should just power through those holds and use his size to bring those in. Bowe is to afraid to jump too high, doesn't want to ruin his hair or something. Bowe cannot fight through contact to make a catch he should be making.

mCcluster**** muffed a punt. Alice had to go all Tebow Time to pickup yardage. All of JC's yards came on the long 35 carry in the 1st quarter, he picked up 4-5 YC after that but it was nothing that dominated the Colts because with all the bad sacks given up by Fisher on 2nd and 10 it is hard to convert 3rd and 20 on the ground. Charles will get to about 1200 on the ground, maybe 1300 then another 3-400 in passing game. All of Charles yardage were yards trying to make makeable 3rd downs after big losses on sacks or plays were Charles ran backwards on his own.

This was a complete team loss for kFc at home vs Indy. The kFc O scored way to quickly to start the game then spent the rest of the 58:30 with their heads stuck in their asses while the Colts controlled clock on them then let Brown run through the most dominant D since the 85 duh bears and 2001 Ravens.

Traded some terrible FG misses and the better team walked off the field of the empty stadium. THe stands were empty at kickoff and for most of the 1st half, by the start of the 3rd they began passing out and pissing themselves so down 7-20 with the game, the division, and the 1 seed on the line kFc fans did what they have always done...run away home to the comfort of their loving Sister/wives/mothers

Meanwhile Denver on a night game that was colder had less people in their seats prior to the player announcements, had about the same number of people in the stands, despite the temp of 12 degrees at kickoff Broncos fans did make it to their seats. It was balmy 20+ in Kansas yesterday. Denver averages about 6-3% no show count every game I have ever been to. I consider that normal, much better than the 10% or more I hear announced in Chicago for duh bear games.

kFc was without Houston, Hali had a single speed edge rush that did noting for kFc's cause. Fisher regressed terribly, Mathis is a good pass rusher but he owned Fisher all day.

I have finally found a safety corps worse than duh bears and the Broncos safeties by a wide margin, they play for kFc. Berry is always out of the play looking for a route to jump and Kendrick Lewis takes bad angles, he ALWAYS hands off a zone coverage (a guy who is supposed to be HIS man to cover) to no one else, he takes bad angles to break away plays and does as little as he can to pursue a player and run the play down. At one point Lewis passed off TY Hilton to no one while the Vaunted kFc Dominant D had 3 guys covering 1 receiver (pretty sure it was a TE).

Lewis makes Chris Conte, David Bruton, Omar Boldin look like ALL STARS. Watching Donald Brown run through the entire kFC D on a simple run Delay/Draw, Brown made K. Lewis miss on a weak tackle, early, runs another 20 yards then stiff arms Robinson on his way into the endzone for a 51 yard TD run. Berry did manage to get a shove into him after caching up to him about 8 yards deep in the endzone after the play was well over. At least it will look like he tried to get their on tape for Monday player grading.

kFc fans aren't worried right now, they are too busy hoping the QB for their 1st wildcard game goes down this week and cannot play. If they have to play a legit QB then they will happy just to be sort of talked about, not like they have any legit chances to win it all. They just want Charles to get the League MVP even though Manning has thrown 51 TD's and has spread the ball around to 5 other receivers who each have 10 or more TD's. If Charles went down the chef's could had the ball off to a rookie with fumbling issues, or pass it to multiple WR's with gator arms and then a PR who muff's kicks. I am sure that in the playoffs teams are going to let kFcs best WR (Charles) complete screens for 70 yard TD's like the Raiders did.

End Rant, the goofballs kicked in and hoping some of this is lucid and made sense.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #3336
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Broncos are currently ranked ahead of the Chiefs in total defense.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #3337
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love reading brokebacksteven's football takes, because most of the time he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about, and it's hillarious, like saying Eric Berry sucks and lumping him in with dumpster fires like Demps and Lewis.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #3338
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Broncos are currently ranked ahead of the Chiefs in total defense.
That is pretty bad. They are the best D EVER to play 3rd and 4th string QBs. The comparison to 2009 broncos is spot on.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #3339
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Good to see I was talking overall. While you condensed it to this season. And PCT is the biggest stat on that link you put up.
In what imaginary world does a stadium hold 109.5% of it's capacity? And on a per-game basis? Without breaking multiple fire codes?

Sounds like some pretty fishy math in Dallas (and to a lesser extent Green Bay and Indy).
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #3340
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dallas has a big standing room only section that isn't a part of the stadium's capacity, at least from my understanding
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #3341
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
look at that same data set, but sort by percentage.
Nice catch, and very interesting data when sorted to percentage. Denver is #7 for home percentage, while KC is #18. But on the road, Denver is #1 at 102.8, while KC is #32 at 88.4%!

Nobody wants to watch the queefs play!

Last edited by R8R H8R; 12-24-2013 at 10:18 AM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #3342
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Dallas has a big standing room only section that isn't a part of the stadium's capacity, at least from my understanding
That holds 8,000 people? Where could that possibly be set up that would allow even half of those people to see what is going on. Sounds like a way to artificially boost attendance figures.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #3343
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
I love reading brokebacksteven's football takes.
I'm sure he loves you for loving his takes.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #3344
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
That holds 8,000 people? Where could that possibly be set up that would allow even half of those people to see what is going on. Sounds like a way to artificially boost attendance figures.

It could possibly include the executive suites, but Idk for sure.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #3345
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Looks like the Chiefs are going to treat the SD game as a pre-season game and let a number of key starters play for just a few series.

When are teams going to learn that it's more important to hit the playoffs playing your best football, not resting your starters and enter with a losing streak?

I'll take it though.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #3346
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Looks like the Chiefs are going to treat the SD game as a pre-season game and let a number of key starters play for just a few series.

When are teams going to learn that it's more important to hit the playoffs playing your best football, not resting your starters and enter with a losing streak?

I'll take it though.
I think health is more important. The reason people think resting starters means a loss is because people point it out. When a team rest starters and wins nobody comments and it goes unnoticed.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #3347
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Know the party pass tickets are for several thousand people. And it's not an actual seat in the stadium, so they are able to get away with it.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #3348
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I think health is more important. The reason people think resting starters means a loss is because people point it out. When a team rest starters and wins nobody comments and it goes unnoticed.
I think in the Chiefs case it could mean problems, though. They are coming off a game where a pretty mediocre Colts team destroyed them in their house. So they're going to rest starters and come into the next game on the road just turning it on? I wouldn't like it...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #3349
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I think resting players can make sense when you don't have a bye but when you have a bye like Denver does it's a receipe for disaster with 2 weeks off.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #3350
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

I'll take it though.
Reid did this 3x in Philly and everytime he won the following week to start the playoffs, so I'll trust him over you.

Getting Justin Houston back will be monumental for us.