The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #2951
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I checked out that game - curious to see how KC was doing. Don't see much in the offense, but that defense is going to be outstanding. Houston is a monster. Hali is a monster, Johnson is a monster and now their NT Poe is wreaking havoc in the middle. Hell, even Tyson Jackson has decided to play this year. Only my opinion, but their secondary looks to be on a roll as well.

This team may not do much this year, but their D is going to kick ass and take names. Hell, it didn't take more than one half for me to see that.

By the time we get them late in the year, it should be interesting.
Houston and Hali are terrible vs the run and both disappear in games.

Poe looked good vs a team that could not gain enough yardage for more than a couple 1st downs, Jags had no one who could get open, the receivers were quitting on plays and when they did get open Gabbert couldn't get it to them or they flat out dropped the ball.

Dallas will be a good test to see just how good kFc is. I don't think Dallas is very good but they will be more of a challenge than the Jags.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #2952
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Houston and Hali are terrible vs the run and both disappear in games.

Poe looked good vs a team that could not gain enough yardage for more than a couple 1st downs, Jags had no one who could get open, the receivers were quitting on plays and when they did get open Gabbert couldn't get it to them or they flat out dropped the ball.

Dallas will be a good test to see just how good kFc is. I don't think Dallas is very good but they will be more of a challenge than the Jags.
Houston terrible against the run?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #2953
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
One dimensional.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #2954
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't get it. The Jags had what? 35 yards rushing? (actually, I don't know - didn't look it up) but it couldn't have been much more than that.

Look, I'm no fan of the Chiefs. They haven't done a thing in 20 years (since the Schottenheimer years) but I believe that they are headed in the right direction. It's easy as hell to talk smack right now. Let Manning go down though (god forbid) and we are in serious trouble.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #2955
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Poe looks like a completely different player this year. He looked good in preseason. Really hope he keeps it up. He is facing a rookie C this week, but we'll see.

This will be our first real test. We'll see what happens.
Yeah, not saying that he won't be a good player for you guys, just it won't be the same level of domination as Jacksonville. KC's secondary will get tested more
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #2956
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Houston is a ****ing beast against the run. Some of you have no idea what you are talking about. He is 270 pounds and built like a tank. He dominates at the point of attack.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #2957
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't get it. The Jags had what? 35 yards rushing? (actually, I don't know - didn't look it up) but it couldn't have been much more than that.

Look, I'm no fan of the Chiefs. They haven't done a thing in 20 years (since the Schottenheimer years) but I believe that they are headed in the right direction. It's easy as hell to talk smack right now. Let Manning go down though (god forbid) and we are in serious trouble.
Why do people consistently say the broncos are a QB injury away from being in trouble as if that's unique to them
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #2958
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Why do people consistently say the broncos are a QB injury away from being in trouble as if that's unique to them
its fans of teams like the Chiefs that keep saying that

When their qbs are never worth a **** they dont understand that there is always a huge gap between an elite qb and his backup
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #2959
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Houston is a ****ing beast against the run. Some of you have no idea what you are talking about. He is 270 pounds and built like a tank. He dominates at the point of attack.
He's also able to get a shutout despite the other team scoring
Old 09-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #2960
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Because there is an assumption that Manning is more fragile than other QB's. It's a false one, but they think he's a bumpy-ride home from being paralyzed.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #2961
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Because there is an assumption that Manning is more fragile than other QB's. It's a false one, but they think he's a bumpy-ride home from being paralyzed.
haha! Great last line.

And he played the entire season last year injury free. People are weird
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #2962
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, I for one think the Chiefs could be potentially dangerous. They have a talent-rich team. Last year they were missing arguably the two biggest components: a QB and a smart head coach. They fixed both those things so I'm interested to see what they do. I don't think beating up on the utterly pathetic Jags is a good indicator of things to come, though.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #2963
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

MJD hasn't been right since his injury and the other guy running the ball should be on someone's practice squad or calling the CFL teams asking if they will look at his tapes for a tryout.

Hali and Houston are liabilities against the run. They never set the edge and they allow avg backs to run through tackles.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #2964
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
This is real.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdona...153704306.html

It even comes with a flag.

hold the Ketchup and Mustard, errrr Chiefs
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #2965
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

It is my opinion that the chiefs are bad and not good at football
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #2966
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
MJD hasn't been right since his injury and the other guy running the ball should be on someone's practice squad or calling the CFL teams asking if they will look at his tapes for a tryout.

Hali and Houston are liabilities against the run. They never set the edge and they allow avg backs to run through tackles.

Yeah, you're probably right. Makes it more curious when Houston won Defensive Player of the Week a couple of hours ago, doesn't it?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #2967
lolcopter

Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #2968
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Well, I for one think the Chiefs could be potentially dangerous. They have a talent-rich team. Last year they were missing arguably the two biggest components: a QB and a smart head coach. They fixed both those things so I'm interested to see what they do. I don't think beating up on the utterly pathetic Jags is a good indicator of things to come, though.
You really think Alex Smith and his 5 yards per attempt is a fix for the QB position? Seriously, for the Chiefs to have a prayer against us or any other team with an elite QB they are going to need way more than that. I also think Andy Reid is highly overrated, but to each their own.

Chiefs go 6-10 at best.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #2969
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
He's also able to get a shutout despite the other team scoring
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #2970
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

all you have to do is look at Alex Smith's stats for the game to know that they will struggle against good competition. I think Dallas is going to light them up. I think Witten and Dez Bryant are going to have a field day. Kc has decent safeties but their CBs are questionable. I have Romo on my ff team and I may bench Brees and start Romo this week.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #2971
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

Chiefs go 6-10 at best.
I think their ceiling is probably higher then 6 wins. They should win 6 games; if they catch some breaks, could see them get 9-10 wins. But they won't likely be contenders as long as Alex Smith is there, so the move is still very puzzling.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #2972
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I think their ceiling is probably higher then 6 wins. They should win 6 games; if they catch some breaks, could see them get 9-10 wins. But they won't likely be contenders as long as Alex Smith is there, so the move is still very puzzling.
I honestly hope you're right. I was in Vegas last week and took them to win 10. What the hell, it was only $50.......

Contenders? Nope. Easy schedule coupled with that D "should" get them there with (and this is a big IF) a small possibility of a wild card slot - loss.

But still, to go from a horrible last year to the possibility of 9-10 wins is one hell of an accomplishment. Good for the AFC West!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #2973
FearLanier

Quote:
He was the best possible QB we could could have gotten this offseason. That's not really debatable.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #2974
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
He was the best possible QB we could could have gotten this offseason. That's not really debatable.
I don't think anyone would argue against that point. It's just him being the best known commodity available, was more a reflection of a weak QB free agency class, more so then it does about him being a true franchise QB. Someone in the draft class probably ends up having a better career then Alex Smith, although who that is, really is anyone's guess.

Guess I can't really bash it that much, considering if Manning had signed with SF, there's a decent chance Denver turns to Alex Smith... although they aren't giving up two 2nd round picks in the process.

Still, in today's NFL, you pretty much have to have someone that can carry the team at times, and Smith likely isn't that.

Serious question, if KC goes to the playoffs, the next few years but KC still can't win in the postseason, is it seen as a good move? At what point is it more beneficial to take a risk in the draft, then have the known commodity?

Last edited by Rolandftw; 09-11-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #2975
FearLanier

Quote:
I don't think anyone would argue against that point. It's just him being the best known commodity available, was more a reflection of a weak QB free agency class, more so then it does about him being a true franchise QB. Someone in the draft class probably ends up having a better career then Alex Smith, although who that is, really is anyone's guess.

Guess I can't really bash it that much, considering if Manning had signed with SF, there's a decent chance Denver turns to Alex Smith... although they aren't giving up two 2nd round picks in the process.

Still, in today's NFL, you pretty much have to have someone that can carry the team at times, and Smith likely isn't that.

Serious question, if KC goes to the playoffs, the next few years but KC still can't win in the postseason, is it seen as a good move? At what point is it more beneficial to take a risk in the draft, then have the known commodity?
Reid made it clear that he thought this was a "win now team". By win now, he elaborated that he believes this team has a chance be in the race to make the playoffs this year. Do you think any rookie QB this year could have lead this team to that? I honestly don't.
I think it's very questionable at this time that any rookie QB would be a better value pick than Smith. EJ Manuel looks good, but there was no way we were taking him first overall.

As for the picks given up, we were in a spot with no advantage. Harbaugh (and everyone else in the league) knew after the combine that this years crop of QB's was terrible. Smith was the only decent QB available, so he played that against us and we had no choice but to fork that up.
Looking at the 2nd round where we picked, I don't see any players that are going to make an impact on their team that Alex will this year. Maybe in the future, but not right now.

I think Dorsey did very well with the player personnel at this time. Alex was the right QB to get right now. Fisher looked much better than Joeckel from an athletic and longterm standpoint (Joeckel's technique was terrible Sunday and he was extremely slow like we saw at the combine).
We even had a 7th round draft pick make some nice plays in our first game. I know it's the Jags, but how often do you see 7th round picks make any impact, especially this early?

To top it off, he got a QB with arguably the best physical tools in Tyler Bray for basically nothing at all as he was an undrafted rookie free agent.

We'll see how it folds out, but at this point in time, I like what Dorsey is doing.