The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #2926
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I think we'll see Reid open the playbook this week.
lol
Old 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #2927
Agamemnon

Quote:
Reid called the dogs off in the 2nd half. It was more vanilla than our 3rd preseason game.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #2928
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Are you serious? What better game to open up the playbook than testing it on a garbage team? That's alex smith. He cannot throw downfield. 34 pass attempts and 174 yards to show for it. Kaepernick averaged 10 an attempt smith 5. That's why they got rid of smith. His suckage handcuffs offenses.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #2929
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I find it hilarious the Chief fans celebrating after having a good game against a terrible Jaguars team that was without its best offensive player in Blackmon, like that would've made a difference.
Think about it this way, if they win one more game they will equal their win total from last year!

They can't get worse than not holding a lead for the 1st 8 games in regulation.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #2930
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Reid called the dogs off in the 2nd half. It was more vanilla than our 3rd preseason game.

I would hope so, I memorized and could figure out the routes they were running in that bunch formation they ran 40-50 times.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #2931
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I'm not excited, but shutting out any team 28-0 is pretty ****ing impressive.

We treated the Jags exactly like a good team would treat a bottom feeder.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #2932
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

you guys will appreciate this tho

Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #2933
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

...not a shutout...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #2934
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
...not a shutout...
The defense pitched a shutout.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #2935
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Aren't you worried with what you saw tonight in Philly? To me it shows that Reid isn't as good as his rep is. A college coach steps in with the same team and they look very good.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #2936
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Aren't you worried with what you saw tonight in Philly? To me it shows that Reid isn't as good as his rep is. A college coach steps in with the same team and they look very good.

the defense is pretty much over hauled not to mention the scheme switch. kelly also has the benefit of a pretty good draft class coming into year two. fletcher cox and brandon boykin coming into their own , plus they brought in 2 new starting outside corners. the offensive line is finally healthy BUT ANYWAYS NOT TO NIT PICK HERE. for the life of me i can not figure out why chip kelly paid a boat load of money to connor barwin when he has a plethora of freaking edge rushers. when we lost doom i was screaming for elways to pry vinny curry or brandan graham (more preferably) away from the eagles. theyre sitting on a gold mine over there and its going to waste. trent cole is getting up in age but dammm its freakin BS .

i do believe andy reid is a bum of a coach though. he rode donavan mcnabb and jim johnson and fell apart with out him. he drafts a RT first over all goes for the dream team part 2 by bringing in high priced corner backs (sean smith is ok but dunta robinson is OVERRATED -- never liked him truly a bum . ) he kind of had to in order to combat our STACKKED wide receiving corps. eric berry tamba hali and houston fell into his lap so we'll see how they grade out. not sure if reid is the type of coach id like to play for. doesnt seem like a leader of men IMO. they have a boat load of talent in KC but its just a crappy orginization - not sure they can pull it together as a TEAM. especially behind the more mobile orton AT QB
Old 09-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #2937
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I'm not excited, but shutting out any team 28-0 is pretty ****ing impressive.

We treated the Jags exactly like a good team would treat a bottom feeder.
I'd say it's more a reason to be encouraged more than pretty ****ing impressive
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #2938
TonyR
Franchise Poster

lol the Chiefs dropped a place in the ESPN Power Rankings. Stupid but funny.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/2
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #2939
Randall Flagg

I checked out that game - curious to see how KC was doing. Don't see much in the offense, but that defense is going to be outstanding. Houston is a monster. Hali is a monster, Johnson is a monster and now their NT Poe is wreaking havoc in the middle. Hell, even Tyson Jackson has decided to play this year. Only my opinion, but their secondary looks to be on a roll as well.

This team may not do much this year, but their D is going to kick ass and take names. Hell, it didn't take more than one half for me to see that.

By the time we get them late in the year, it should be interesting.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #2940
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I checked out that game - curious to see how KC was doing. Don't see much in the offense, but that defense is going to be outstanding. Houston is a monster. Hali is a monster, Johnson is a monster and now their NT Poe is wreaking havoc in the middle. Hell, even Tyson Jackson has decided to play this year. Only my opinion, but their secondary looks to be on a roll as well.

This team may not do much this year, but their D is going to kick ass and take names. Hell, it didn't take more than one half for me to see that.

Are we just going to act like they weren't facing one of if not the most pathetic team in the nfl??
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #2941
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Are we just going to act like they weren't facing one of if not the most pathetic team's in the history of the nfl??
Fixed it for you!
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #2942
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I saw an article in the paper today that a record number of double-wides have been listed for sale this week in Kansas City. The article speculated that many KC residents were trying to put together the funds needed for Super Bowl tickets.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #2943
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Fixed it for you!
They can still improve over the suckage of the 2012 Chiefs.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #2944
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Are we just going to act like they weren't facing one of if not the most pathetic team in the nfl??
Absolutely not. KC was the WORST team in the NFL last year yet they have completely revamped their defense; from D coordinator to the last player on D and it shows. The destroyed a team that was right where they were last year. And, I have a feeling that they will do the same against Dallas on Sunday. We will see.

Pretty much like the wholesale changes that took place when Manning came aboard. Remember the year before he got here?

It doesn't take much these days to turn a program from a pretender to a contender (although it ain't happening in KC) - at least not this year.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #2945
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The defense pitched a shutout.
against blaine gabbert, congrats

we'll see how the next three weeks go

Last edited by lolcopter; 09-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: also, not a shutout
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #2946
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
lol the Chiefs dropped a place in the ESPN Power Rankings. Stupid but funny.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/2
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #2947
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
They looked a lot better, but I think Washington played a big role in this too. They didn't look prepared at all.

RG3 was obviously rusty, but Alfred Morris looked terrible. Their defense was also completely gassed after the first drive. I know Kelly runs a fast offense, but if your defense looks exhausted after the first drive of the game, it reflects on the coaching IMO.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #2948
Rolandftw

Quote:
Absolutely not. KC was the WORST team in the NFL last year yet they have completely revamped their defense; from D coordinator to the last player on D and it shows. The destroyed a team that was right where they were last year. And, I have a feeling that they will do the same against Dallas on Sunday. We will see.

Pretty much like the wholesale changes that took place when Manning came aboard. Remember the year before he got here?

It doesn't take much these days to turn a program from a pretender to a contender (although it ain't happening in KC) - at least not this year.
They made some changes, but their secondary is still suspect. I still doubt Poe and Jackson will continue to dominate against good teams.

If they dominate Dallas as badly, I'll be convinced they are a very dangerous team.

I just don't see that happening; should be close.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #2949
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
They made some changes, but their secondary is still suspect. I still doubt Poe and Jackson will continue to dominate against good teams.

If they dominate Dallas as badly, I'll be convinced they are a very dangerous team.

I just don't see that happening; should be close.
Poe looks like a completely different player this year. He looked good in preseason. Really hope he keeps it up. He is facing a rookie C this week, but we'll see.

This will be our first real test. We'll see what happens.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #2950
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

How could you tell? They were playing Gabbert.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote