The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #2801
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't agree with winning the division, but with how the Raiders are going to back to formula and the Chargers getting raped by the injury plague, you guys could make the playoffs as a wild card team. It wouldn't be off the wall to see happen. I think you could also win 6 games, which would be triple last years' record, but still terrible.
Yeah, it happens in the NFL every single year. I doubt the Chiefs have a 99 Rams like rise, but if balls bounce their way, it shouldnt shock anyone if they are good.

I'd be plenty surprised if they won the division, provided manning is upright all season.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #2802
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
I don't agree with winning the division, but with how the Raiders are going to back to formula and the Chargers getting raped by the injury plague, you guys could make the playoffs as a wild card team. It wouldn't be off the wall to see happen. I think you could also win 6 games, which would be triple last years' record, but still terrible.
It would be off the window man! The window thats wide open. And by off the window, we mean sailing right through that window and into the great wide open.

Granted, Chargers and Raiders are looking like super suck town right now and the Chiefs could get 6 wins... but for one of those wild card spots, they have to be worse than 4 teams and better than 10 other teams.... Really man?!?! Really? The Chiefs are going to be better than 10 other AFC teams? I mean.... I mean... the south has Indy and Houston. So realistically, the Chiefs will be worse than 5 teams. And the North has Baltimore and the Steelers... so, realistically the Chiefs will be playing Madden and nothing else on January 4th and 5th.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #2803
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, it happens in the NFL every single year. I doubt the Chiefs have a 99 Rams like rise, but if balls bounce their way, it shouldnt shock anyone if they are good.

I'd be plenty surprised if they won the division, provided manning is upright all season.
Damn you and your bouncy balls.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #2804
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Look out AFC, captain checkdown is on the prowl.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #2805
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Anyone remember USC and Buffalo/Tampa Bay's Rob Johnson always taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away and making his % completion rate worse? This is the complete and horrible opposite.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #2806
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

This can't be! KCDerp says Mr smith is the best QB out there!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #2807
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

It took them 6 pro-bowlers to get two wins last year, so it would only take 24 to get the Chiefs to .500 this time around.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #2808
Rolandftw

I just don't get it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...st-first-story
Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #2809
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Every f'n year.

You know it's preseason when you read an article like that. When the chefs get a 40 burger on them week 1 then get another one served on them week 2 they will come back down to earth. By week 3 there will be suck for clowney and airplanes with banners over arrowhead saying cut smith or whoever the new scapegoat is.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #2810
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Every f'n year.

You know it's preseason when you read an article like that. When the chefs get a 40 burger on them week 1 then get another one served on them week 2 they will come back down to earth. By week 3 there will be suck for clowney and airplanes with banners over arrowhead saying cut smith or whoever the new scapegoat is.
I don't see the jags putting up 40 points in 3 games let alone the first one. IMO the chiefs will win that game and if the broncos lose to the ravens you can expect the media(like this Ashley hag) and the chiefs fans declaring themselves west champs.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #2811
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Is it just me or is this quote not quite as flattering of Alex Smith as the assistant coach wanted it to be?

Quote:
"Once we got Alex Smith, we felt like, 'OK, now we've got something. We can start this thing,'" Chiefs assistant head coach David Culley said. "We've got to have that guy, whoever that guy is. Well, it was Alex who was the guy. ... I don't know if there was another guy out there available that would've been better than Alex Smith, and now he understands why we got him."
Old 08-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #2812
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
that's great Ashley, thanks for article.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #2813
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
it's espn
perhaps they change a few sentences and update the player names and send it to press every preseason
Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #2814
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't see the jags putting up 40 points in 3 games let alone the first one. IMO the chiefs will win that game and if the broncos lose to the ravens you can expect the media(like this Ashley hag) and the chiefs fans declaring themselves west champs.
2011- bills, lions both 40+ points
2012 falcons, bills. Both 35+ points

Traveling to Florida in early September is no gimme for the worst team in the nfl.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #2815
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Their argument about how we were worst to first in 2011 doesn't highlight the extenuating circumstances. We went from 4-12 to 8-8. That's not a monumental climb. And the rest of the division was able to be just as average as us for us to take the division on tie-breakers alone.

The Raiders will be down again because they have no QB. The Chargers are already riddled with injury. But we will probably at worst be a 10-6 team. The Chiefs are coming off a 2 win season. Our 4 wins against a difficult schedule in 2010 to 8 wins with an easier schedule in 2011 wasn't as difficult as the what the Chiefs will be trying to accomplish. I do think the'll be better, but I do agree that every year a bunch of people pick the Chiefs as some kind of sleeper pick to make the playoffs and every year they have failed.

Last years' team was more than just one coach and a QB away from being a playoff team. 6-8 wins is their ceiling.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #2816
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
2011- bills, lions both 40+ points
2012 falcons, bills. Both 35+ points

Traveling to Florida in early September is no gimme for the worst team in the nfl.
Good point. Plus I thought it was in KC too
Old 08-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #2817
Rolandftw

Quote:
Yeah, KC should win that game only furthering the hype. I wouldn't be surprised to see KC at 5-4 or so at the bye, only to free fall soon after. If they can't beat Jacksonville, they are probably looking at 3-4 wins tops.

Know Jack Harry in KC has all but guaranteed Denver loses the Baltimore game and KC wins against Jacksonville.

I just don't get how a team with so many Top 5 draft picks is consistently picked as a dark horse to win the division
Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #2818
Rolandftw

Quote:
Their argument about how we were worst to first in 2011 doesn't highlight the extenuating circumstances. We went from 4-12 to 8-8. That's not a monumental climb. And the rest of the division was able to be just as average as us for us to take the division on tie-breakers alone.

The Raiders will be down again because they have no QB. The Chargers are already riddled with injury. But we will probably at worst be a 10-6 team. The Chiefs are coming off a 2 win season. Our 4 wins against a difficult schedule in 2010 to 8 wins with an easier schedule in 2011 wasn't as difficult as the what the Chiefs will be trying to accomplish. I do think the'll be better, but I do agree that every year a bunch of people pick the Chiefs as some kind of sleeper pick to make the playoffs and every year they have failed.

Last years' team was more than just one coach and a QB away from being a playoff team. 6-8 wins is their ceiling.
We also had a team riddled with injuries the previous season. And a coach in Josh McDaniels that was probably about as bad of a head coach as Romeo Crennel.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #2819
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This can't be! KCDerp says Mr smith is the best QB out there!
You are as good at reading as you are at insulting, so not so good.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #2820
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Every year a new team makes the playoffs (pretty sure it's 1 every year in each conference). It's happened something like 7 or 8 years in a row.

So taking out the AFC playoff teams from last year (DEN, IND, HOU, NE, CIN, BAL) and teams that are just a train wreck, I think you basically have either MIA, PIT or KC as the new playoff team.

I think PIT is the best overall team of the 3, but they play in the toughest division in football, so it's going to be much harder for them to make the playoffs.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #2821
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Every year a new team makes the playoffs (pretty sure it's 1 every year in each conference). It's happened something like 7 or 8 years in a row.

So taking out the AFC playoff teams from last year (DEN, IND, HOU, NE, CIN, BAL) and teams that are just a train wreck, I think you basically have either MIA, PIT or KC as the new playoff team.

I think PIT is the best overall team of the 3, but they play in the toughest division in football, so it's going to be much harder for them to make the playoffs.
what team from last year's playoffs does not make it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #2822
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

Umm KC is one of the train wreck teams. Clowns never learn.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #2823
Bacchus

Every ****ing year we listen to how good KC is going to be.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #2824
Agamemnon

Quote:

Wait, so the Chiefs aren't a complete train wreck? Did you get a partial lobotomy to forget last season or something?
Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #2825
DENVERDUI55

Every year same preseason story with the Queefs. Alex checkdown sure threw the ball nice to the RB's last week. Superbowl here comes KC.....on Madden.