The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2601
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Reid said that if Albert is here, he's the LT. Ian Rappaport said on NFL.com that we are focusing on a long term deal w Albert.

I wanted a QB to stand out in the draft, but it didn't happen. I'm not a big fan of a RT #1, but Eric Fisher is a damn good player. He was the best player this draft had to offer.
That is funny because after the college season you were saying Geno was the Chefs man. He did not play one game and everyone jumped ship on the guy.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #2602
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is funny because after the college season you were saying Geno was the Chefs man. He did not play one game and everyone jumped ship on the guy.
Don't forget his insistence that one of the QB's taken would be the next Aaron Rogers.

It is hilarious that one of the few times the Chiefs get the first pick the best player is a lineman. Oh man, they can't even suck correctly.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #2603
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol, I don't give a rats behind if Eric Fisher is superman. You drafted him at 1.1 to play RT. Fail. Then you traded away your #2 pick in a deep, deep draft for a journey man QB who is slightly better than a day old corpse. Fail again. Then your draft as a whole, wut?? The trifecta fail!
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #2604
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, I don't give a rats behind if Eric Fisher is superman. You drafted him at 1.1 to play RT. Fail. Then you traded away your #2 pick in a deep, deep draft for a journey man QB who is slightly better than a day old corpse. Fail again. Then your draft as a whole, wut?? The trifecta fail!
1. Who should the Chiefs have drafted 1st overall?

2. Not happy w what we are giving up for Alex Smith.

3. You are judging a draft already huh? Well if that's the case then I guess we should thow in the fact that you reached for a RB and then reached again on a CB that wasn't rated high by anyone!

Oh and tell horseface thanks for letting Doom go for nothing! Thanks John!

Last edited by KCStud; 05-07-2013 at 02:42 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2605
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
1. Who should the Chiefs have drafted 1st overall?

2. Not happy w what we are giving up for Alex Smith.

3. You are judging a draft already huh? Well if that's the case then I guess we should thow in the fact that you reached for a RB and then reached again on a CB that wasn't rated high by anyone!

Oh and tell horseface thanks for letting Doom go for nothing! Thanks John!
Here's the deal. Albert is gone, period. This is what you don't understand. Fisher was not drafted to play RT, that's not what what he was ultimately drafted for. He will play RT his rookie season because Albert refuses to switch positions because Albert knows LT is where the money is at. He's an ok LT, but nothing special. This is why kc couldn't even get a second draft pick for him. When another team signs Albert after next season, kc will receive a conditional 3rd round pick.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 05-07-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #2606
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
They are working on a long term deal with Albert.
So they can trade him for a 4th round pick and unload him.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #2607
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
I would think a Bronco fan would be the last person to criticize any team of getting rid of good players since you just gave away one of your best young players for literally nothing and will get nothing in return for him.
A fax machine was the difference in Doom walking, that or his agent hosed up playing games.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #2608
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.
You forget we landed a great DT in the draft. With the signing of Knighton and Phillips in FA our Pass rush and run D will be better than if we still had Doom plus there will be more pressure from inside this year than just the edges. Smith is going to have no where to hide, he may not even have time for one of his patented dump off passes before he gets mauled by the speed of Miller and Williams.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #2609
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You forget we landed a great DT in the draft. With the signing of Knighton and Phillips in FA our Pass rush and run D will be better than if we still had Doom plus there will be more pressure from inside this year than just the edges. Smith is going to have no where to hide, he may not even have time for one of his patented dump off passes before he gets mauled by the speed of Miller and Williams.

So your late first round DT is a great player but Eric Fisher sucks?

Eric Fisher was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He owned everyone.

And yes I am using the word "owned" because he literally beat every DL there and most of the time it looked like he was doing it with ease.

I think Williams was a good prospect. But to imply that Williams is great and Fisher doesn't stand any chance at all against Von is hilarious.

Fisher is most definitely a player that can compete with Von. He's not Barry Richardson.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #2610
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Here's the deal. Albert is gone, period. This is what you don't understand. Fisher was not drafted to play RT, that's not what what he was ultimately drafted for. He will play RT his rookie season because Albert refuses to switch positions because Albert knows LT is where the money is at. He's an ok LT, but nothing special. This is why kc couldn't even get a second draft pick for him. When another team signs Albert after next season, kc will receive a conditional 3rd round pick.
I think this is what is going to happen as well. It would be silly to make Fisher a RT.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #2611
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
So your late first round DT is a great player but Eric Fisher sucks?

Eric Fisher was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He owned everyone.

And yes I am using the word "owned" because he literally beat every DL there and most of the time it looked like he was doing it with ease.

I think Williams was a good prospect. But to imply that Williams is great and Fisher doesn't stand any chance at all against Von is hilarious.

Fisher is most definitely a player that can compete with Von. He's not Barry Richardson.
Most years Fisher and Joekel(sp?) would have gone late top 10, this year they were 1 and 2 overall. I guess if I were drafting for kFc this year I would have taken a Tackle 1st overall if I couldn't trade down either.

Williams was projected as a top 15 pick, we got him much later thanks to the run on Tackles and other teams trying to fill needs. His value being there as late as we picked is what prompted my use of the word great.

Any other year you could have picked an impact player (say a franchise QB or a can't miss pass rusher) 1st over all then still been able to move up and land one of those 2 LT's (provided you didn't overpay your 2nd round pick in a trade for a near bust QB) and still fill a couple other positions.

I am just glad kFc held the #1 overall pick in a down year for elite draft prospects.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #2612
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Most years Fisher and Joekel(sp?) would have gone late top 10, this year they were 1 and 2 overall. I guess if I were drafting for kFc this year I would have taken a Tackle 1st overall if I couldn't trade down either.

Williams was projected as a top 15 pick, we got him much later thanks to the run on Tackles and other teams trying to fill needs. His value being there as late as we picked is what prompted my use of the word great.

Any other year you could have picked an impact player (say a franchise QB or a can't miss pass rusher) 1st over all then still been able to move up and land one of those 2 LT's (provided you didn't overpay your 2nd round pick in a trade for a near bust QB) and still fill a couple other positions.

I am just glad kFc held the #1 overall pick in a down year for elite draft prospects.
Haha if Sylvester Williams was a top 15 pick, 5 DL wouldn't have been picked before him and he would have went higher.

I still think Jonathan Cyprien is gonna be a better player and he would have been a better pick.

Last edited by KCStud; 05-07-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #2613
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.
Just wait JDR is going to ''Turn Ayers loose" and he will be a monster.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #2614
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Haha if Sylvester Williams was a top 15 pick, 5 DL wouldn't have been picked before him and he would have went higher.

I still think Jonathan Cyprien is gonna be a better player and he would have been a better pick.
wrong again!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #2615
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Remember when KCStud laughed at us when it was suggested Miller was one of the best pass rushers in the league?

Yeah, that's all you need to know about sheepstud.

He agrees with everything his front office does - regardless of who's in charge - and defends every move. I mean he was arguing they were going to be awesome last year. Then they have to take a QB and he insists that the pundits are wrong about no franchise QB being available in this class. But then his team doesn't take one and low and behold it was a brilliant move and Alex Smith will take them to the super bowl.

There is nothing the Chiefs do that Sheepstud doesn't think is pure gold.

They won two games last year and he was singing their praises before the season.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #2616
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Remember when KCStud laughed at us when it was suggested Miller was one of the best pass rushers in the league?

He agrees with everything his front office does - regardless of who's in charge - and defends every move. I mean he was arguing they were going to be awesome last year. Then they have to take a QB and he insists that the pundits are wrong about no franchise QB being available in this class. But then his team doesn't take one and low and behold it was a brilliant move and Alex Smith will take them to the super bowl.

They won two games last year and he was singing their praises before the season.
Sweet hyperbole Gaylore. I actually don't like Alex Smith that much at all.

I do remember you saying Justin Houston was a fluke, Branden Albert sucked (but yet you liked him before the draft) and then you saying that Flacco sucked ass all week before he owned you guys.

Oh and apparently you thought John Beck was gonna be good.

you probably won't acknowledge it bc you are "never" wrong. Do you still feel absolutely awful?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #2617
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Sweet hyperbole Gaylore. I actually don't like Alex Smith that much at all.

I do remember you saying Justin Houston was a fluke, Branden Albert sucked (but yet you liked him before the draft) and then you saying that Flacco sucked ass all week before he owned you guys.

Oh and apparently you thought John Beck was gonna be good.

you probably won't acknowledge it bc you are "never" wrong. Do you still feel absolutely awful?
I think there was a personal affection toward Beck that is understandable, and forgivable on Kaylors behalf.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #2618
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I think there was a personal affection toward Beck that is understandable, and forgivable on Kaylors behalf.
Those Mormans travel in packs!
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #2619
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

I think the best STuD moment is when he tried to play his user name off as a Andy Studebaker tribute. STuD joined June of 07, then Andy joined the Chiefs in November of 08.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #2620
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think the best STuD moment is when he tried to play his user name off as a Andy Studebaker tribute. STuD joined June of 07, then Andy joined the Chiefs in November of 08.
This is my favorite of all time.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #2621
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Are you still crying about the joke I made about your parents?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #2622
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

who the heck is Andy Studebaker?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #2623
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

I see you guys are still b**** slappin that fool KcDud...............

I got news for you fool.........KC doesn't have near the team around Alex Smith
that SF had............he is gonna go right back to mediocrity and I will laugh myself silly at the latest pathetic Chief trade.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #2624
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
who the heck is Andy Studebaker?
Some back up LB.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #2625
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe thinks that he’ll benefit from quarterback Alex Smith’s arrival and he thinks running back Jamaal Charles is going to find a lot of success running behind an offensive line that has added Eric Fisher at right tackle.

“[Charles] is going to lead the league in rushing this year and I’m going to lead the league in receptions and touchdowns,” Bowe said, via Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. “When we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, it’s going to be a show to watch.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nd-touchdowns/
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote