The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #1
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,262
Default NBA '15-'16 Season

Ok. Fire away, guys.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default




Gonna be a fun season to watch
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,630
Default

Go Bulls! Need Hoiberg to pull a Kerr.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Go Bulls! Need Hoiberg to pull a Kerr.
haha you guys really do remind me of being a knicks fan in the 1990s Always thought we had a shot. Maybe LeBron will play baseball and give you a couple years.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 8,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

People still care about the NBA??

How sweet.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
People still care about the NBA??

How sweet.
People still post pictures of Calvin pissing on stuff?

How sweet
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #7
ChampJesusBailey
Seasoned Veteran
 
ChampJesusBailey's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Dallas made a lot of changes to the roster. Should be an interesting season barring major injury.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #8
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
haha you guys really do remind me of being a knicks fan in the 1990s Always thought we had a shot. Maybe LeBron will play baseball and give you a couple years.
Eh, the Knicks only ever had Ewing and some solid guys. That he took them to the finals was a damn near miracle.

Rose and Butler is a nice 1-2 punch, I greatly dislike that Doug McDermott is somewhat key to our championship hopes. He has to develop and overtake Dunleavy Jr in the starting lineup.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Eh, the Knicks only ever had Ewing and some solid guys. That he took them to the finals was a damn near miracle.

Rose and Butler is a nice 1-2 punch, I greatly dislike that Doug McDermott is somewhat key to our championship hopes. He has to develop and overtake Dunleavy Jr in the starting lineup.
I'll repeat. You sound exactly like we did in the 90's.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I've heard of premature but this thread is what, 5 weeks early. It's like the OP couldn't wait another month to make this post because he was afraid somebody else would beat him to it. And then he starts it out strong with, fire away guys. LMAO. I'm sorry but if you're going to start a thread that covers an entire sport for the entire season, you might want to lead off with something that has a tad more depth to it then 'fire away guys'.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

King James is going to dominate. No peasant scrub will slow him down this year. He is the GOAT!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I've heard of premature but this thread is what, 5 weeks early. It's like the OP couldn't wait another month to make this post because he was afraid somebody else would beat him to it. And then he starts it out strong with, fire away guys. LMAO. I'm sorry but if you're going to start a thread that covers an entire sport for the entire season, you might want to lead off with something that has a tad more depth to it then 'fire away guys'.
He was prompted to make it in the other thread. It wasnt random. And TC opens in a week.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #13
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'll repeat. You sound exactly like we did in the 90's.
I have no problem saying the Cavs are great. But I also know that the Bulls can contend and compete against them.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I have no problem saying the Cavs are great. But I also know that the Bulls can contend and compete against them.
hahaha again, you sound exactly like we did in the 90's. Hey the knicks were a solid team, real physical, and we always gave you guys a great effort in the playoffs. We took you to six games, seven games, always great series. But, well, we never won.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Bulls couldn't even beat the Cavs without Love and a one legged Irving. Zero chance to beat Cleveland period.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #16
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bulls couldn't even beat the Cavs without Love and a one legged Irving. Zero chance to beat Cleveland period.
The same was true of the entire Eastern conference last season. The Cavs will get healthy, the Bulls will improve.
It will be a dogfight. The Cavs have the talent to dominate for a long time.
But it's also possible that they will fall apart somewhat. They are not likely to trade Thompson, nor pay him 94 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
hahaha again, you sound exactly like we did in the 90's. Hey the knicks were a solid team, real physical, and we always gave you guys a great effort in the playoffs. We took you to six games, seven games, always great series. But, well, we never won.
It's a different overall situation. The Knicks had 1 all time great and a meh roster overall. The Bulls had the best player of all time, one of the greatest of all time as his Robin and one of the top 3-4 coaches of all time.

Cleveland is really good. LeBron is the best player in the game and a all time great. But there is no Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson for him.

Of course, Blatt also is a key factor in this equation. If he develops well then they can easily dominate the east and make the Bulls and every other team a non factor. I don't see that happening but it is possible.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
The same was true of the entire Eastern conference last season. The Cavs will get healthy, the Bulls will improve.
It will be a dogfight. The Cavs have the talent to dominate for a long time.
But it's also possible that they will fall apart somewhat. They are not likely to trade Thompson, nor pay him 94 million.



It's a different overall situation. The Knicks had 1 all time great and a meh roster overall. The Bulls had the best player of all time, one of the greatest of all time as his Robin and one of the top 3-4 coaches of all time.

Cleveland is really good. LeBron is the best player in the game and a all time great. But there is no Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson for him.

Of course, Blatt also is a key factor in this equation. If he develops well then they can easily dominate the east and make the Bulls and every other team a non factor. I don't see that happening but it is possible.
You're missing my point. You're overrating your roster just as we used to. If LeBron, Kyrie, and Love are healthy, they will obliterate you. They beat up on you basically without two of those guys! Your best hope is LeBron has too much mileage and he suddenly becomes ****, but I wouldnt count on that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #18
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Saying Patrick Ewing is an all time great makes me queasy.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

It's over Cleveland has this locked up.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #20
ChampJesusBailey
Seasoned Veteran
 
ChampJesusBailey's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Yeah I don't think a team in the league can compete in the playoffs with a healthy Cavs squad.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Saying Patrick Ewing is an all time great makes me queasy.
I actually never liked him much. He was a complete blackhole. But he was def a great center.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #22
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,996

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

I'm nervous about the Cavs' health, honestly. Kyrie may not be back until the beginning of the new year, and I don't even think Love can practice yet. The roster is a lot better now than it was at this point last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle a lot early again, especially if Love is rusty and Mo Williams becomes the #2 option for a while.

But if everyone is healthy and things go according to plan, I think this might finally be their year.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He was prompted to make it in the other thread. It wasnt random. And TC opens in a week.



Some just love to police no matter what the subject.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I'm nervous about the Cavs' health, honestly. Kyrie may not be back until the beginning of the new year, and I don't even think Love can practice yet. The roster is a lot better now than it was at this point last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle a lot early again, especially if Love is rusty and Mo Williams becomes the #2 option for a while.

But if everyone is healthy and things go according to plan, I think this might finally be their year.
Cavs don't need Irving right away. Mo Williams will be dropping 50 points per till he gets back!!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #25
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You're missing my point. You're overrating your roster just as we used to. If LeBron, Kyrie, and Love are healthy, they will obliterate you. They beat up on you basically without two of those guys! Your best hope is LeBron has too much mileage and he suddenly becomes ****, but I wouldnt count on that.
No, I understood what you were saying. LeBron is great, but Cleveland is not going to go to the finals every season. A team is going to beat them and the team with the best shot is the Bulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Saying Patrick Ewing is an all time great makes me queasy.
I am not a fan of Ewing but I respect what he was to the game. He was one of the top centers to ever play and was a dominant force.
As some have already said, a pure black hole on offense(funny how that seems to happen with the Knicks)
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Denver Broncos