The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2016, 06:50 AM   #1
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default Emmaul Sanders is a diva...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-7051e4ed906b

My first touchdown of the 2016 season was a long time coming.

I hadnít scored a touchdown in like eight or nine weeks. So, naturally once I found the end zone, I had to do something special.

When I finally scored on a 41-yard reception from Trevor Siemian, I was just ecstatic. I was so excited. I remembered that one of my ex-teammates with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Antonio Brown, had been popping it after he scored. So, I was like alright let me go ahead and bust out a twerk ó but only two pumps. I sent it to him after the game, and he was just like, "Man, youíre crazy.Ē
But this was just the start of what would be a breakout game for me and Demaryius Thomas. Reporters after the game kept asking us if we thought the Bengalsí defense was trying to force us to beat them through the air which is why we were both able to post 100-yard games, but I didnít even notice it. I never notice it. I just go out there and play football. I donít know what defenses are doing.

All I know is if I see a cornerback in front of me, I donít care if the ball is coming or not. On film, itís going to show that Iím kicking your butt.

And I did. And Demaryius did. Thatís just why we pride ourselves on being the number one wide receiver duo in the National Football League.

It felt so good for Demaryius to get to 100 yards, too. In fact, it almost felt a little too good. I was so excited when he broke 100 yards that I ran and jumped and this dude almost knocked me out. I almost got injured, sent to the training room just for trying to chest bump D.T. I didnít realize how strong he was!

Itís what makes us so good, though. We genuinely want the best for each other because we truly believe weíre the best. We go out and work hard like weíre the best. And weíre not just saying it. Statistically, it shows that weíre the best.

We always hear about our defense, which is deserving of all the praise it receives. But every week in the locker room weíve got the TVs on and itís always defensive players up there. I keep telling the offensive guys, ĎHey, look, thatís not fair!í Weíve got a powerful offense and some offensive guys deserve to be up there. But we donít want to just be up there, we want to deserve to be up there.

Well, after Sunday, we earned our right to have our faces up on TV screens for a change.

Like my boy Prime says, ďif you ball, you get the call.Ē

We balled on Sunday, but itís still early in the season. Iím expecting at least three or four more games where D.T. and I both get 100 yards and a couple touchdowns.

Sundayís game proved to everyone around the league that yeah, we may have a good defense, but weíve got a really good offense, too. Weíre versatile. We can run the football. We can throw the football. Right now, I feel like we have a great shot at making the playoffs and going on a run and possibly being a better team than last year.

Everybody has to stay healthy. Everybody has to stay focused. We have to be locked and loaded so we can still work hard and maybe we can attain that goal.

I may have had two touchdowns last Sunday against the Bengals and 117 yards, but that just means this Sunday, Iím going to go out there and try to have a 200-yard game.

You never become satisfied or stagnant in this league. Youíre always working.

Then, if you ball, you get the call.

__________________________________________________ __

And that is a good thing.

"I donít mind being a diva. I am a diva (laughing). I like winning ball games, I like catching passes. Every wide receiver in the world likes to catch passes; every wide receiver in the world likes to put up points."

__________________________________________________ __________

Sanders is a beast as well as DT... Hopefully these guys and the offense continue from that great week 3
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
v2micca
Tupac at Coachella

Richard III was a field guide.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lorenzo Doss

Sanders has Diva like attributes, but his actions since joining the Broncos squad in the 2014 season show him to be anything but. I remember during his first season in Denver he didn't have a touchdown reception for something like the first 7 games. I remember talking heads were starting to make a deal out of it, and Sanders was just like "child please, I will get mine, stop worrying" He was just happy to contribute.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He can be all the diva he wants with games like last week.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

2016 season, 8 or nine weeks?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #5
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

A dude who calls himself a diva while laughing, working his ass off, setting an example and just being happy to be a part of this team is humble. Humble diva.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #6
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
2016 season, 8 or nine weeks?
He must be counting games since his last TD in December of last season - 4 games at the end of last year, 3 played preseason games, and 2 2016 regular season games? That's my only guess.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:58 AM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

99% of WRs are divas.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #8
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

But he is our diva
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #9
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Receivers have to be divas. It's the nature of the position. It's probably the one position that relies the most on others. The OC and QB have to want to get them the ball, and even when that happens, it still might not produce a catch. The OC can call a play for a receiver and the QB could still go somewhere else with the ball. A receiver can do his job properly play after play and get nothing. With a RB, the OC calls his play and the ball is handed to him. With a DE or LB, they get to do their thing on every play. For a CB, if the ball doesn't come their way it's really a good thing. But a WR, he can be ready to eat and nobody is feeding him. WRs can't feed themselves, and a closed mouth doesn't get fed. So it's time to go into diva mode.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #10
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

hahahaha

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...d-country-diva
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #11
MamaMia
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sanders is my favorite Bronco receiver of all time. I really like DT as well, but Sanders is the man. They complement each other very well. Fire and Ice.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #12
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-7051e4ed906b

My first touchdown of the 2016 season was a long time coming.

I hadnít scored a touchdown in like eight or nine weeks. So, naturally once I found the end zone, I had to do something special.

When I finally scored on a 41-yard reception from Trevor Siemian, I was just ecstatic. I was so excited. I remembered that one of my ex-teammates with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Antonio Brown, had been popping it after he scored. So, I was like alright let me go ahead and bust out a twerk ó but only two pumps. I sent it to him after the game, and he was just like, "Man, youíre crazy.Ē
But this was just the start of what would be a breakout game for me and Demaryius Thomas. Reporters after the game kept asking us if we thought the Bengalsí defense was trying to force us to beat them through the air which is why we were both able to post 100-yard games, but I didnít even notice it. I never notice it. I just go out there and play football. I donít know what defenses are doing.

All I know is if I see a cornerback in front of me, I donít care if the ball is coming or not. On film, itís going to show that Iím kicking your butt.

And I did. And Demaryius did. Thatís just why we pride ourselves on being the number one wide receiver duo in the National Football League.

It felt so good for Demaryius to get to 100 yards, too. In fact, it almost felt a little too good. I was so excited when he broke 100 yards that I ran and jumped and this dude almost knocked me out. I almost got injured, sent to the training room just for trying to chest bump D.T. I didnít realize how strong he was!

Itís what makes us so good, though. We genuinely want the best for each other because we truly believe weíre the best. We go out and work hard like weíre the best. And weíre not just saying it. Statistically, it shows that weíre the best.

We always hear about our defense, which is deserving of all the praise it receives. But every week in the locker room weíve got the TVs on and itís always defensive players up there. I keep telling the offensive guys, ĎHey, look, thatís not fair!í Weíve got a powerful offense and some offensive guys deserve to be up there. But we donít want to just be up there, we want to deserve to be up there.

Well, after Sunday, we earned our right to have our faces up on TV screens for a change.

Like my boy Prime says, ďif you ball, you get the call.Ē

We balled on Sunday, but itís still early in the season. Iím expecting at least three or four more games where D.T. and I both get 100 yards and a couple touchdowns.

Sundayís game proved to everyone around the league that yeah, we may have a good defense, but weíve got a really good offense, too. Weíre versatile. We can run the football. We can throw the football. Right now, I feel like we have a great shot at making the playoffs and going on a run and possibly being a better team than last year.

Everybody has to stay healthy. Everybody has to stay focused. We have to be locked and loaded so we can still work hard and maybe we can attain that goal.

I may have had two touchdowns last Sunday against the Bengals and 117 yards, but that just means this Sunday, Iím going to go out there and try to have a 200-yard game.

You never become satisfied or stagnant in this league. Youíre always working.

Then, if you ball, you get the call.

__________________________________________________ __

And that is a good thing.

"I donít mind being a diva. I am a diva (laughing). I like winning ball games, I like catching passes. Every wide receiver in the world likes to catch passes; every wide receiver in the world likes to put up points."

__________________________________________________ __________

Sanders is a beast as well as DT... Hopefully these guys and the offense continue from that great week 3
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #13
The.Underdog
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How many times has Sanders been laid out and makes those tough catches? And blocks and stands up for teammates.

Total Non-Diva
The.Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #14
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Take a bow, Diva!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #15
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Why must I be like that?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aqib Talib

It takes an almost psychotic level of belief in ones self to even make it to the show.
Trevor also believes in himself to an ultimate level, so much so that people think he acts like a vet with ice in his veins.

I work in tv & film. I see great actors that don't think they are as good as they are, and they screw up due to them having doubt in themselves. Then there's ones that aren't great actors but just good, however they believe in themselves so much that they already think they are on the level with movie stars.
It is that second group that become successful, because they go out and just kill it no matter who is in front of them. And since them killing it = good every time -vs- the great actor that has 3 great performances then fs it all up because they have to act opposite a star and get all nervous: that belief in one's self really matters and is equally as important as raw talent. Both are needed to be consistently the best in what ever one does. And even then it takes the work.

DT & Sanders are rare birds that display both great raw talent & an almost nuts belief in one's self in addition to the fact that they constantly work at being better. That is exactly the combo that it requires to be the best.
I wouldn't want it any other way.

GO BRONCOS!
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #16
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
A dude who calls himself a diva while laughing, working his ass off, setting an example and just being happy to be a part of this team is humble. Humble diva.
What's more, you almost never see him shy away from a hit. I have loved having him here.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:25 AM   #17
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Sanders is a boss!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #18
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coyote View Post
It takes an almost psychotic level of belief in ones self to even make it to the show.
Trevor also believes in himself to an ultimate level, so much so that people think he acts like a vet with ice in his veins.

I work in tv & film. I see great actors that don't think they are as good as they are, and they screw up due to them having doubt in themselves. Then there's ones that aren't great actors but just good, however they believe in themselves so much that they already think they are on the level with movie stars.
It is that second group that become successful, because they go out and just kill it no matter who is in front of them. And since them killing it = good every time -vs- the great actor that has 3 great performances then fs it all up because they have to act opposite a star and get all nervous: that belief in one's self really matters and is equally as important as raw talent. Both are needed to be consistently the best in what ever one does. And even then it takes the work.

DT & Sanders are rare birds that display both great raw talent & an almost nuts belief in one's self in addition to the fact that they constantly work at being better. That is exactly the combo that it requires to be the best.
I wouldn't want it any other way.

GO BRONCOS!
That's kind of like this photographer I worked with a while ago. Well, he was actually great at sales and just picked up photography. One thing I learned is that somebody who is great at sales is going to make way more money in photography than somebody who is simply great at photography. This guy wasn't producing great images, but he was talking people out of their money. People were buying his photos based on what he was saying and how he was saying it, opposed to purchasing great images.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #19
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

He may be a diva but he's the best route runner and has the best hands on our team. If he had dt's physical attributes he'd be a top 3-5 wr.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:02 AM   #20
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Smartest thing he said is they have to stay healthy and if Trevor stays on track he's the best steal since Kurt Warner.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #21
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

And it feels so good...

IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #22
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

I don't think he's a diva...I think he's one tough son of a b****. Dude gets ROCKED as lot and gets right up and keeps going. He's quickly ascending into my top 10 all time favorite Broncos players.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #23
jmz313
Ring of Famer

WRs are divas because they can't come to grip with their dependency issues.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote