The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Jake Plummer Shares Views On Manning, Tebow

Jake Plummer Shares Views On Manning, Tebow

April 2, 2012 8:34 PM

DENVER (CBS4) – Jake Plummer was 39-15 as the Denver Broncos starting quarterback before losing his job to Jay Cutler. Plummer then just walked away from the game, which not many athletes do when they are still in their prime.

CBS4′s Vic Lombardi caught up with Plummer last week and sat down with him for a one-on-one interview. His first question was if he missed playing the game — not the fame and the money — but the actual game.

“That’s hard to say. Growing up that’s all I did was compete. You’re missing that feeling of fans that believe, the energy that’s building and the momentum that’s starts to build; to never give up and to fight and win, even against all odds,” Plummer said. “When you get guys believing in you — that feeling — you miss that like crazy.”

Plummer is still popular in Denver as many fans thought he got a raw deal with he lost the starting job.

“In that exact moment it was hard because I wasn’t slighted by anybody in the town. It wasn’t the town’s decision, it was the head coach’s decision; and they believed the head coach,” he said. “(Mike) Shanahan had a track record that proved he could win … of course I was mad and I wanted to take off right then. I didn’t even want to be there for the end of it.”

Plummer said he knows there are a lot of great fans in Denver.

I wouldn’t have been able to do what I did without all of their energy and all of their support. I saw it happen with Tim Tebow. When someone’s down and against all odds and people believe, it’s a powerful thing. I know I had a lot of great fans who believed in me.”

Lombardi asked Plummer if he thinks Tebow can succeed in New York.

“What a stage to succeed one. New York is not the easiest to place to play … you never know. The kid works hard, he believes in himself; his teammates buy into what he believes in … bottom line, if you want to win and your teammates believe in you, you’re going to have success.”

Plummer said he’s also a big Peyton Manning fan.

“I’ve always marveled at his ability to go out on the field when there’s so much going on and watching him for the past five years,” he said. “I’ve been in those situations and the guy is just as cool as a cat. I never felt how he looks.”

Lombardi asked Plummer if he gave him a helmet and shoulder pads if he could go out and play an NFL game this week.

“Oh yeah. I’d be sore afterwards.”

Link to Video Interview. http://denver.cbslocal.com/video?aut...clipId=6900724
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Either we care what Plummer has to say because many are still fans of his or we ask you, "WHo gives a ****?" I like Plummer and was hoping for some major bashing of at least one of the QBs. Too much ass kissing in that article. Thread won't go far now unless there is a controversy.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

welcome to last week...

fyi, we landed on the moon
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

very much looking forward to Jeb Putzier's views on Manning and Tebow as well
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

A hobo rambled through town. He passed by my house, had a cigarette on my front lawn, and I paid him to mow it for a couple weeks. Four years later, I planted a tree in the front lawn. I hunted that hobo down for months to ask him what he thought of it.

Last edited by Taco John; 04-04-2012 at 11:41 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Bacchus

I wonder what Craig Morton and Bubby Brister think about Tebow and Manning.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

once again there will be folks that liked the guy and his will to win..

and there will be guys that hated him because, well he did not act the part of a moron player..

he did what he did on sunday and because of that we won a lot of games..

after getting serious in 2005 sitting down with Kubes to study film, he had his best year.. But that was not good enough for mikey he got a hard on for cutlet and the rest was history..

It was a well-known fact that mikey and JAke did not get along well as Jake did not live and breathe football 24/7 like mikey did..
Who was right?

Jake retired with more money than he could ever spend is living the good life, hot wife and not in the big city..

mikey on the other hand is getting his ass kicked weekly and hoping that RG3 is the next coming of Elway.. Frankly I'll bet he will **** up that wet dream also..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A hobo rambled through town. He passed by my house, had a cigarette on my front lawn, and I paid him to mow it for a couple weeks. Four years later, I planted a tree in the front lawn. I hunted that hobo down for months to ask him what he thought of it.
Your love for Jake is complicated isn't it?

You know bizarrely, my grandparents had both a dog named Jake and a dog named Hobo. Hmm, I need to ponder the deeper meaning of this...
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
… of course I was mad and I wanted to take off right then. I didn’t even want to be there for the end of it.”
I'd say that Plummer checked out way before that moment, which made it obvious that the switch needed to be made.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
after getting serious in 2005 sitting down with Kubes to study film, he had his best year.. But that was not good enough for mikey he got a hard on for cutlet and the rest was history..

That's not the way I saw it happening at all. Shanny, and Kubes, closed the playbook and ran the ball a lot more so that Plummer wouldn't trip over himself and cost them the game. Plummer threw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs in '04, but he threw 20 picks, and like one of the most heated threads at the OM stated, he was a roadblock to the team. He didn't throw for nearly as many yards or TDs in '05, but that was his best year, because Shanny game planned his mistakes out of their game plan. Less of Plummer made the team much better in '05. I don't think Shanny thought that they could win the Super Bowl like that, so he went out to get a QB that he thought that he could run his entire playbook with.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
once again there will be folks that liked the guy and his will to win..

he did what he did on sunday and because of that we won a lot of games..

Maybe the fact that he FINALLY started to do the "extra things" in 2005.....perhaps it was too little, too late.

The fact is he didn't do the extra things like Manning has his entire career....and it showed.

He also folded like a little b**** when we drafted Cutler.....couldn't handle the pressure of a young challenger over his shoulder.

Ashley Lelie b****ed the same way when we brought in Javon Walker in 2006.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
welcome to last week...

DID NOT!
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
welcome to last week...

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

OMG that is awesome!! The bacon, the burger, the cheese... it's like the perfect combo. The you add in some onion rings and poof, dinner is served!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'll see your bacon cheeseburger and I'll raise you this:

http://wheretoeat.in/calendar/63/24-...Beer-Festival/
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
That's not the way I saw it happening at all. Shanny, and Kubes, closed the playbook and ran the ball a lot more so that Plummer wouldn't trip over himself and cost them the game. Plummer threw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs in '04, but he threw 20 picks, and like one of the most heated threads at the OM stated, he was a roadblock to the team. He didn't throw for nearly as many yards or TDs in '05, but that was his best year, because Shanny game planned his mistakes out of their game plan. Less of Plummer made the team much better in '05. I don't think Shanny thought that they could win the Super Bowl like that, so he went out to get a QB that he thought that he could run his entire playbook with.
Once teams took his boot away and kept him in the pocket he was done in the NFL and he knew it. throw in the fact he didn't want to put the work in during the offseason and got butt-hurt when Shanny drafted Cutler. Jake Quit on us.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
got butt-hurt when Shanny drafted Cutler. Jake Quit on us.
That's all it comes down to right there. Drafting Cutler changed everything.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

God damn football GM's getting players to make the team better ........
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
That's all it comes down to right there. Drafting Cutler changed everything.
Actually I think it started with Pitt taking the Boot away from him in the AFCCG but came to a head when Shanny told him he wanted him to be at all of the voluntary offseason workouts and Plummer didn't want to. Shanny panicked and decided to throw Cutler in the mix to motivate him and as a back up option if(when) Plummer imploded. Rather than rise to the challenge Plummer imploded.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Actually I think it started with Pitt taking the Boot away from him in the AFCCG but came to a head when Shanny told him he wanted him to be at all of the voluntary offseason workouts and Plummer didn't want to. Shanny panicked and decided to throw Cutler in the mix to motivate him and as a back up option if(when) Plummer imploded. Rather than rise to the challenge Plummer imploded.
Nah, I thought Shanny was so pissed off over Jake choking and then pretty much blowing off the notion that he'd better learn to make plays off the five step if he wanted to keep the job, that he was open to options. And then the crazy Tenn owner made Fisher take VY. Shanny and Fisher talked on a fairly regular basis and respected each other. If you saw Cutler at Vandy, you saw a guy who could make every throw, run pretty damn well, and who would get up after a sack and make a tough throw on the next play. There were stories of Shanny asking Fisher "is there any reason not to take this guy," and Fisher saying, "no." Shanny didn't have problems with Cutler in Den, and frankly after Elway, the lockerroom was really Shanny's and not any QB's, which was one of the problems .... but that's another story.

Cutler didn't like McDouche, and really no one should find that surprising, but after Bowlen tried to make McDouche work with him, and Cutler decided to go prima donna ....

And Cutler getting martz was just too rich. Careful what you ask for, Jay.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
This is exactly how I remember it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This is exactly how I remember it.
Agreed. Shanny was pissed though.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
delany
Uber Bronco

I can't wait until Morton, Ramsey and Johnson weigh in with their views on Manning and Tebow.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'll see your bacon cheeseburger and I'll raise you this:

http://wheretoeat.in/calendar/63/24-...Beer-Festival/
Holy ****, Bean! Nice find. I might actually have to go.....haha.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote