The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Champ Bailey Warns Sanchez

Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, who experienced two seasons of Tebowmania, delivered a warning to New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez on Tuesday.

Tim Tebow wants your job.

"Oh, he's going to challenge him, absolutely," Bailey said at the launch of the NFL's new uniforms in Brooklyn. "Sanchez can't feel too comfortable in his seat. If he keeps playing well, he doesn't have to worry about it. But if he doesn't play well, we all know what's going to happen next."

"Just roll with it, you can't stop it," he said, offering advice to Tebow's new teammates. "The one thing that made it easy to deal with was the way he handled it. He handled it with a lot of class, very professional. I love him to death. He's a great kid. I wish him the best. Whatever he gets, he deserves."

"I think he'll do it," Bailey said. "Will he like doing it for the rest of his career? I don't think so. I think this is a short-term thing. The guy will be a starter at some point, whether it's here or somewhere else, because he's going to work to get it done."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...s-starting-job

Last edited by Pony Boy; 04-03-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This is so awesome. How bad ass a move did we make? Got a fun as hell year out of him, now no matter what happens we look pretty damn good. And we got PEYTON MANNING
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
This is so awesome. How bad ass a move did we make? Got a fun as hell year out of him, now no matter what happens we look pretty damn good. And we got PEYTON MANNING
I can't wait till Sanchez throws his first pick six late in the game ...... the fans will rip that stadium apart whenTebow trotts out on the field..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I was busting up over at Gang Green reading some of their posters who were saying, "There won't be a QB controversy in NY."

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

We got Peyton Manning.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
But he's like Chad Pennington and his career will end with one hit
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton View Post
But he's like Chad Pennington and his career will end with one hit
you should post more Popcorn, just for the Avatar
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
you should post more Popcorn, just for the Avatar
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

we could have had both
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
we could have had both
It would have never worked. There would always be a faction that wants Tebow to start, over Manning...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
we could have had both
Why do you hate Tebow, Baja? I mean, keeping him (on the bench behind Manning) would have meant denying him the opportunity to maybe win a starting job.... trading him was tantamount to doing him an enormous favor.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Why do you hate Tebow, Baja? I mean, keeping him (on the bench behind Manning) would have meant denying him the opportunity to maybe win a starting job.... trading him was tantamount to doing him an enormous favor.

He likely won't start in NY either. It seemed the prudent thing to do was keep him one year and see how Manning does. As to doing him a favor you really think learning under Manning & Elway would be terrible for him?

You are a fan that has always said do what is best for the Broncos, who would be the better back up who we got or Tebow. And don't come back with the distraction argument. If manning is what we hope there will be no distraction and if he sucks so bad there is a distraction that means we made a mistake and will be very glad we have Tebow to soften the blow.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
He likely won't start in NY either. It seemed the prudent thing to do was keep him one year and see how Manning does. As to doing him a favor you really think learning under Manning & Elway would be terrible for him?

You are a fan that has always said do what is best for the Broncos, who would be the better back up who we got or Tebow. And don't come back with the distraction argument. If manning is what we hope there will be no distraction and if he sucks so bad there is a distraction that means we made a mistake and will be very glad we have Tebow to soften the blow.
The last post was just teasing you a bit, Baja.

In seriousness, I don't think "EFX" wanted to keep Tebow and it's also likely that Tebow wanted to be traded (an "amicable separation" if you will). Learning under Elway/Manning wouldn't have "been terrible" for him, but he's a competitive guy and I don't think he wanted to hold the clipboard. Let's face it; he's more likely to see the field from behind Sanchez than from behind a starter of Manning's stature.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
The last post was just teasing you a bit, Baja.

In seriousness, I don't think "EFX" wanted to keep Tebow and it's also likely that Tebow wanted to be traded (an "amicable separation" if you will). Learning under Elway/Manning wouldn't have "been terrible" for him, but he's a competitive guy and I don't think he wanted to hold the clipboard. Let's face it; he's more likely to see the field from behind Sanchez than from behind a starter of Manning's stature.
I really really like Tebow but I don't care if he wanted to hold a clip board or not

I believe it was in the Broncos best interest to keep him for a season. Lets say the light comes on for Tebow after understudying with Manning and starts playing lights out and Manning decides to retire (for what ever reason ) after this season.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I really really like Tebow but I don't care if he wanted to hold a clip board or not

I believe it was in the Broncos best interest to keep him for a season. Lets say the light comes on for Tebow after understudying with Manning and starts playing lights out and Manning decides to retire (for what ever reason ) after this season.
Perhaps...but if the Broncos have ever denied a trade to a player that they knew wanted to be traded, I sure don't recall reading about it. Yeah, they did have all the cards and "could" have kept him regardless of what he wanted... but honestly, it's probably better for him the way they did it.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #16
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tebow is a much better QB for the Jets than Sanchez is. Just the way that team is made up. And unless Sanchez plays good, consistent ball, he will inevitably lose his job next season. Tebow would have gained nothing sitting behind Manning; Manning's backups wither and turn to dust in this league.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
It would have never worked. There would always be a faction that wants Tebow to start, over Manning...
And the other 95% of Broncos fans would have thought them crazy. That is an easy PR battle for the FO to win and it would have let us keep a valuable situational weapon and far superior backup QB than we have now. One with real long term potential.

He's not here because Elway and co. never wanted him in the first place. It was a no win situation for Tebow long term because no matter how many games he won he wasn't going to become their guy.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #18
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Perhaps...but if the Broncos have ever denied a trade to a player that they knew wanted to be traded, I sure don't recall reading about it. Yeah, they did have all the cards and "could" have kept him regardless of what he wanted... but honestly, it's probably better for him the way they did it.
Really? What if Doom wants to be traded. How about Von? Do we, because we are so nice, grant them a trade?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Really? What if Doom wants to be traded. How about Von? Do we, because we are so nice, grant them a trade?
Guess we'd have to "cross that bridge" if we come to it... but if they wanted to be somewhere else... as long as we got good value (made the new team overpay if possible).... then the team might be better off in the long run by making the trade.

As far as the Tebow trade, we really can't evaluate the deal until we see how it all plays out (who we draft with the picks and how they develop). We may very well be far better off than we'd have been by keeping him, but it's too soon to tell yet.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #20
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Guess we'd have to "cross that bridge" if we come to it... but if they wanted to be somewhere else... as long as we got good value (made the new team overpay if possible).... then the team might be better off in the long run by making the trade.

As far as the Tebow trade, we really can't evaluate the deal until we see how it all plays out (who we draft with the picks and how they develop). We may very well be far better off than we'd have been by keeping him, but it's too soon to tell yet.
It always too soon to tell. When it's not there is nothing to discuss. That is a cop out argument.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #21
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
It always too soon to tell. When it's not there is nothing to discuss. That is a cop out argument.
We can disagree on that.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #22
Shananahan

Are you really trying to play coy and pretend that you may have preferred to keep Tebow, Blueflame?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #23
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Are you really trying to play coy and pretend that you may have preferred to keep Tebow, Blueflame?
Absolutely not. While I do understand the argument Baja is making (how it could possibly have benefited the team to keep him), I've repeatedly stated that trading him was (IMHO) the best outcome for everyone involved, but especially for Tebow himself.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #24
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Blue how is it in the best interest of the Broncos to not keep the better of the two back ups especially with the questions surrounding the health of Manning?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #25
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Blue how is it in the best interest of the Broncos to not keep the better of the two back ups especially with the questions surrounding the health of Manning?
My take is that... if EFX has made the decision that Tebow doesn't have the skill set they want in their starting QB, then there's no reason to keep him on the roster any longer (after signing Manning). Keeping him would be just "delaying the inevitable". Also, the style of offense they have to implement for Tebow... is quite different from what they're going to install with Manning. It seems to make sense to get a backup who can run "close to" the same scheme as the starter; rather than to expect the entire offense to learn a second very different scheme in the event that the starter is sidelined. We do still need another QB at some point 'cause I highly doubt that they're gonna go with just Manning and Weber.

Also... I don't know that Tebow's trade value would ever be any higher than it is right now. Sitting on the bench for another year... being another year older (and yet no further advancement on the field) by next offseason... isn't likely to add to his value.