The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
campocorto

Default Ubaldo plunks Tulo on elbow, Tulo could miss time

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...s-elbow-injury

In today's Cactus League game at Talking Stick, former Rockie Ubaldo Jimenez drilled Troy Tulowitzki on the elbow and he left the game due to injury. Words were exchanged and benches cleared. Tulo is getting x-rays done on his elbow, there is fear he will miss time.

The Rockies are going to contact the Commissioner's office and demand that Ubaldo receive suspension. It appears like an intentional plunking after Tulo ripped Ubaldo through the media recently.

Last edited by campocorto; 04-01-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

okay
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Ubaldo was a flash in the pan, glad to see him gone.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

He must have called the guy a cahk sucker.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Ubaldo was a flash in the pan, glad to see him gone.
This. What a douchebag.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

****in a-hole!
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Anyone actually see the bench clearing brawl after?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

I always thought he was a soft spoken guy...never knew he had such a vindictive mean streak to him.

So much for hoping he did well after being traded.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...7vjnfN_IM5nYcB
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
"The righthander was tagged for six runs over 4 1/3 innings of work and exited the game to a shower of boos from the pro-Rockies crowd at Salt River Fields. "

I loved Ubaldo. That said, the bolded part above isn't something I'll miss. Enjoy sucking in the armpit of America, a-hole.

Seriously, what a douche. Tulo only commented after Ubaldo started running his mouth. Shut up, and do your job.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Effin douchecanoe.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
"The righthander was tagged for six runs over 4 1/3 innings of work and exited the game to a shower of boos from the pro-Rockies crowd at Salt River Fields. "

I loved Ubaldo. That said, the bolded part above isn't something I'll miss. Enjoy sucking in the armpit of America, a-hole.

Seriously, what a douche. Tulo only commented after Ubaldo started running his mouth. Shut up, and do your job.
i agree on this. although as a Rockies fan, Tulo is somewhat of a douchebag himself.

besides the best talent on the team is CarGo.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #13
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

A team with Jamie Moyer in the starting rotation and the fans are glad Jimenez is gone? Heard it all now...
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Jamie Moyer is the man. He might not have what he did, but I love that guy.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #15
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF View Post
A team with Jamie Moyer in the starting rotation and the fans are glad Jimenez is gone? Heard it all now...
Oh our resident Cleveland homer chimes in. You'll see him get lit up soon enough. He had a great one season but his on field performance since has been undeniably poor.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Oh our resident Cleveland homer chimes in. You'll see him get lit up soon enough. He had a great one season but his on field performance since has been undeniably poor.
How's Alex White panning out?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #17
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
How's Alex White panning out?
About as well as Jimenez. enjoy
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #18
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
About as well as Jimenez. enjoy
Jimenez made the 25 man roster on a better pitching staff, just funny how opinions change just because he's not on the Rockies anymore.

These things happen in baseball all the time, Tulo had to know it was coming...bad blood between the two and something like this was bound to take place. X-rays were negative on Tulo which is good, this will be forgotten about in a day or two.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #19
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

dude, it was bush. the guy's a ****.

And his fastball is trending down. You guys got jobbed. give it a rest.

And frankly after that act, I hope the guy's arm falls off.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #20
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Jimenez made the 25 man roster on a better pitching staff, just funny how opinions change just because he's not on the Rockies anymore.
a bad cuticle put him out for about a month. His fastball isn't anything near the high 90s-100s with movement that it was first half of 2010. If it was he'd still be here. Now it's mid to low 90s with no movement. See his last outing for proof.

He's a flash in the pan who's flash has flickered out. Thanks for Drew Pomeranz. We won the trade just by getting something for his sorry ass before he had no trade value.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #21
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Disappointing. Jimenez gets ticked in 2010 because he didnt get paid like Tulo and Cargo, and plays poorly (who knows if the two are related). Tulo runs his mouth in the offseason (SURPRISE!). Jimenez throws a bean ball at him on the first pitch of his first at bat. Comes at the plate calling him out. Tulo calls him names. Bench clears. Tracy says he is going to tell on Jimenez.

Wow, sounds like a bunch of 12 year olds to me.

Jimenez, get over yourself. You were not playing at a level that called for tearing up your existing contract and signing a new one. You played GREAT, but didnt show that it was sustainable.

Tulo, shut your yap. Act like you have been here before. You got your money, earn it on the field.

Tracy - REALLY? Do what you want with MLB, but keep it out of the press. Worst thing you have seen in 35 years of baseball? Wow, havent seen much have you?

Had been thinking about buying a mini plan this year, but this is not helping the Rockies case.

Probably a good thing the Indians and Rockies dont play inter-league here in the regular season, with a bunch of overpaid hot headed spoiled brats playing Im sure Jimenez would get a bean ball on the first pitch he would take - which is exactly the WRONG answer.

Its freakin spring ball... get a grip!

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #22
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
dude, it was bush. the guy's a ****.

And his fastball is trending down. You guys got jobbed. give it a rest.

And frankly after that act, I hope the guy's arm falls off.
His fastball has been hitting 96 mph in spring training, which is up from where it was last year.

And for the Tribe getting jobbed, How? I thought they did at first but with White pretty much flaming out along with Ubaldo having a salary-friendly contract, it was a good deal for both sides( since i still think Pomeranz is gonna be a top of rotation starter.)

I went back and read the thread last year when Ubaldo got traded, Rockies fans were not happy that he was traded, some said "this sucks but needed the help in farm", but there wasn't anyone pumped that he got dealt. Now that he's gone, he was nothing but a flash in the pan with a deteriorating fastball that just gets lit up constantly.

Still not thrilled that Pomeranz was in the deal, but i dont see how that is getting jobbed.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
I went back and read the thread last year when Ubaldo got traded, Rockies fans were not happy that he was traded, some said "this sucks but needed the help in farm", but there wasn't anyone pumped that he got dealt. Now that he's gone, he was nothing but a flash in the pan with a deteriorating fastball that just gets lit up constantly.
I didnt post it, but I was one who was not happy about trading Jimenez. I thought it clearly showed the Rockies had given up and flushed the season. I wished nothing but good luck for Baldy.

BUT, Based upon his performance last year (and for that matter, most of his work since the All Star game), it looks like it was a good move for the Rockies (and maybe for the Indians) With his velocity fading (where are the 99mph heaters?) and the lack of movement at altitude, he was not going to do well here.

I believe that the true measure of character of a man is not how he behaves when things are going well (2007, the no hitter, etc), but how he reacts when things ARENT going so well. Jimenez, Tulo, and Tracy all failed that test yesterday.
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
a bad cuticle put him out for about a month. His fastball isn't anything near the high 90s-100s with movement that it was first half of 2010. If it was he'd still be here. Now it's mid to low 90s with no movement. See his last outing for proof.

He's a flash in the pan who's flash has flickered out. Thanks for Drew Pomeranz. We won the trade just by getting something for his sorry ass before he had no trade value.
I'll always wonder what happened to his fastball. It's true that tulo has a punkishness, but he's not the head case Ublado is. The fastball was freaky, and every pitcher loses velocity to age, yet this one dropped dramatically, and I'm guessing it was more than a cuticle. Plus, the guy showed zero ability to pitch as opposed to throw.

I can't really blame him for being pissed he didn't get a Tulo type extension, esp because both signed extensions in 2008 tying them up for about the same time. But both make the decisions in 2008 because they were then set up as wealthy men for life, in the event something bad happened before they reached thier big money years. And after the break in 2010, Ubaldo was under .500 and giving up more than 4 earned runs in nearly half his starts. Did he think the club was gonna risk another 100 million on that? Then he shows up for 2011 not ready to go. He'll get another contract from someone, but it won't be anywhere near what it could have been had he shown up for 2011. He has no one to blame but himself, and he's too much a punk to admit that to himself.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
His fastball has been hitting 96 mph in spring training, which is up from where it was last year.

And for the Tribe getting jobbed, How? I thought they did at first but with White pretty much flaming out along with Ubaldo having a salary-friendly contract, it was a good deal for both sides( since i still think Pomeranz is gonna be a top of rotation starter.)

Still not thrilled that Pomeranz was in the deal, but i dont see how that is getting jobbed.
You got jobbed by trading your two best pitching prospects for a guy with an arm that has somehting very bad going on in it and who is verging on free agency.