The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Default A Linebacker from UState?

I've been all about drafting Robert Turbin out of Utah State, obviously by the Avatar. But now after his pro day I say we take Bobby Wagner as well. LB with 4.4 speed and lead the WAC in tackles this year http://news.hjnews.com/sports/articl...9bb2963f4.html either way if we draft Turbin or Wagner I'll be in debt for an authentic jersey. Hell I might have to buy 2
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Bmore Manning

I like him as a two down Will, but I'm not sure that hes not better suited for Mike..
Old 03-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Is he mormon? If so we must draft him to replace Larsen.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Ronnie Tsunami

Holy ****. he just ran a 4.45 at his pro day...
Old 03-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
Holy ****. he just ran a 4.45 at his pro day...
Secret mormon treadmill track.

It's happened before - see: Mitt Romney's career.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I mentioned him a few days ago too. He is a really good tackler and on tape, he plays and looks bigger than his measurables. I'd like him in the 2nd round, but with the holes at DT, the Broncos will probably worry about those spots. But I'd like him at any LB spot.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I like him as a two down Will, but I'm not sure that hes not better suited for Mike..
I think MIKE is going to be Mays this year and Irving taking over. At least that seems to be the plan. DJ getting dumped would not surprise me and actually make me happy. Replace him with Wagner and ud be happy
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Is he mormon? If so we must draft him to replace Larsen.
sorry don't mean to rain on your parade but he is not mormon, spencer was a unique individual
Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Mychal Kendricks from Cal was actually faster (4.41 40) and more productive against better competition. I hope we can get him in the 2nd.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantomForce View Post
sorry don't mean to rain on your parade but he is not mormon, spencer was a unique individual
Isn't it a requirement in Utah?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Heard he outdid what most other LB's did at the combine at his pro day.

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Ontario, Calif.

High School:
Colony

Height / Weight:
6-1 / 232

Position:
Linebacker

Birthdate:
06/27/1990

Experience:
3L

Butkus Award Trophy Preseason Watch List (2011)
Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List Preseason Watch List (2011)
Bronko Nagurski Trophy Preseason Watch List (2011)
First-Team Sporting News College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2011)
"Hardest Hitter" Sporting News College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2011)
First-Team Athlon Sports College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2011)
First-Team Phil Steele's College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2011)
Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook Preseason All-WAC (2011)
First-Team All-WAC (2009, 2010)
First-Team Phil Steele's College Football Preview All-WAC (2010)
WAC Defensive Player of the Week (Nov. 8, 2010)
Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook Preseason All-WAC (2010)
First-Team Lindy's College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2010)
Yahoo! Sports College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2010)
First-Team Athlon College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2010)
First-Team Phil Steele's College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2010)
CollegeFootballNews.com All-WAC (2009)
CollegeFootballNews.com WAC Top 30 Players (No. 19; 2009)
First-Team Phil Steele's College Football Preview All-WAC (2009)
Academic All-WAC (2009)
Quickly: A two-time first-team all-WAC honoree, becoming USU's first multiple first-team selection since Kevin Robinson earned all-Sun Belt honors in 2004 and all-WAC accolades in 2007, and USU's first back-to-back first-team honoree since Kevin Curtis earned first-team all-Independent honors in 2001 and 2002... Talented linebacker who is expected to continue stellar, well-decorated career... Anchors and leads not only linebacker corps but defensive unit... Enters senior season nearing USU's and WAC's career tackles list, currently with 299 career stops, needing 22 tackles to break into the Aggies' top 10 list and 18 stops to crack the WAC's top 10.
2010 (Jr.): Played in and started all 12 games during the 2010 season... Led the WAC and ranked tied for seventh in FBS with 11.1 tackles per game, ranking second in the WAC with 133 total tackles... Added eight tackles for loss with half a sack, as well as four pass breakups and one forced fumble... Had a WAC-best four 15+ tackle outings, including two 17-stop games, a 16-tackle game and a 15-tackle outing... Logged a total of seven double-digit tackle games, and had at least six stops in all 12 games... One of two career-best 17 tackles came against New Mexico State, earning WAC Defensive Player of the Week honors for first time of career... Was a nominee for WAC Defensive Player of the Week in six other games as well... Added one catch for 11 yards on a fake punt play in Idaho game.
2009 (So.): Started all 12 games, one of four defensive players and one of eight players overall to do so... Led the WAC with 115 tackles (53 solo, 62 assists), for a 9.6 tackles per game average... In WAC only games, also led the league with 71 total stops (35 solo, 36 assists) for an 8.9 pg average which ranked 22nd in tackles in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS)... Added seven tackles for loss, two interceptions, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one pass break-up... The 115 tackles ranks as the second-most by a USU sophomore, as Johndale Carty holds the top spot with 138 stops as a sophomore in 1996... Was the first sophomore to lead USU in tackles since David Gill's 89 stops led the 1994 Aggies... The 115 stops is the most by an Aggie defender since Robert Watts tallied 118 tackles in 2003... Posted six double-figure tackle outings, led by season-best 13 at Texas A&M and against Boise State... Added 12 stop each in Utah and BYU games, while logging 11 at New Mexico State and 10 against San Jose State... Tallied seven or more stops in 11 of the 12 games, with a season-low four stops coming at Fresno State... Snared interceptions in Louisiana Tech and Idaho games, with the LA Tech oskie coming on a spectacular, one-handed grab... Fumble recoveries came in first and last games of season, at Utah and at Idaho, both of which set up scoring chances, resulting with a missed field goal in the Utah and the go-ahead score in the Idaho game... Lone pass break-up came in Idaho contest.
2008 (Fr.): Played in 11 games, starting last nine games of the season... Was sixth overall on the team in tackles with 51 total stops (20 solo, 31 assists), ranking third among returners... Added two tackles for loss as well as two pass break-ups and one QB hurry... Top outing was then career-high 10 stops at Louisiana Tech... Added seven tackles at Nevada and six at Boise State.
High School: Registered 125 tackles (92 solo, 33 assists), including four sacks as a senior... Had one INT for 34 yards... Also played tight end, tallying 37 catches for 595 yards with 11 TD's... Had total of six double-digit tackle outings, highlighted by season-high 14 (11 solo, three assists)... Received all-CIF Central Division honors as well as all-Mount Baldy League accolades... Earned second-team California Division 2 all-state honors after helping lead the Titans to a CIF division title and was named to the all-San Bernardino County team.
Personal: Born June 27, 1990 in Los Angeles, Calif... Son of Bobby and Phenia Wagner... Has two sisters and one brother... Majoring in business entrepreneurship.

Defense G/GS UT AT Total TFL Sacks INT PBU FF FR 2008 (Fr.) 11/9 20 31 51 2.0-2 0-0 0-0 2 0 0 2009 (So.) 12/12 53 62 115 8.0-22 0-0 2-32 3 2 1 2010 (Jr.) 12/12 61 72 133 8.0-15 0.5-3 0-0 4 0 1 Totals 35/33 134 165 299 18.0-39 0.5-3 2-32 9 2 2

147 tackles last year, including 20 in Utah State's 24-17 loss to Louisiana Tech.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Nobody likes Bobby Wagner besides his family.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Mychal Kendricks from Cal was actually faster (4.41 40) and more productive against better competition. I hope we can get him in the 2nd.
That's my boy (obviously, shananahan and I selected him in the mock draft, but in the 3rd).

This is where I was saying NO to selecting Osweiler in the 2nd. We NEED starting talent and right NOW. Can't afford to use a high pick on a guy who's projected to sit on the bench for 3 or 4 years.

Go DT in the 1st (one of those guys will be there). I would love a RB and LB in the 2nd and 3rd. Then OG and DT in 4th and 5th.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's my boy (obviously, shananahan and I selected him in the mock draft, but in the 3rd).

This is where I was saying NO to selecting Osweiler in the 2nd. We NEED starting talent and right NOW. Can't afford to use a high pick on a guy who's projected to sit on the bench for 3 or 4 years.

Go DT in the 1st (one of those guys will be there). I would love a RB and LB in the 2nd and 3rd. Then OG and DT in 4th and 5th.
But what positions can reasonably be expected to start in their rookie year? You mentioned two in LB and RB. I'd say sometimes DBs can but that REALLY depends on the player. DL, as a whole, rarely can be counted on early. Suh is the major exception.

The draft is where you build depth and hope they can develop into starters. Any time with a gaping hole going into the draft will be letdown if they think anyone they select is going to solve that problem.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think you'll be happy. At this point I think we'll stay away from CB unless a great talent drops to us.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
But what positions can reasonably be expected to start in their rookie year? You mentioned two in LB and RB. I'd say sometimes DBs can but that REALLY depends on the player. DL, as a whole, rarely can be counted on early. Suh is the major exception.

The draft is where you build depth and hope they can develop into starters. Any time with a gaping hole going into the draft will be letdown if they think anyone they select is going to solve that problem.
Well yeah, but we've still gotta start stocking up on DL talent sooner or later.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Well yeah, but we've still gotta start stocking up on DL talent sooner or later.
Agreed. I just don't want them to be expected to be the solution this year. Then, when you consider whether a QBOTF or a DT would be more valuable 2-3 years from now, I think QB comes into the discussion. At this point, we just need DTs to fill roster spots so QB has no business even being mentioned.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

we should never have a draft again with less than 2 DL taken. preferably in the top 4 rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #19
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Sorry in the original post I meant to include that we should pick him up late 4th round. I think he'd be a great role player this year and maybe crack the lineup in about 2-3 years as a starter
Old 04-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #20
Bmore Manning

I think a trade down is the best option. I still maintain based on rankings I would only select Cox in the first, Thompson may be a slight reach. So I think a trade down for more picks is ideal, maybe phillys 2 second round picks, as they jump back to 25 for LT Mike Adams, if he's around.. Stockpiling picks would allow for more starters...

2. Brandon Thompson DT
2. Doug Martin RB
2. Bobby Wagner LB
3. Potential Starter
4. Potential Starter
4. Sammie Lee Hill DT (Tendered)
5. Best Available
6. Best Available
Old 04-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #21
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantomForce View Post
Sorry in the original post I meant to include that we should pick him up late 4th round. I think he'd be a great role player this year and maybe crack the lineup in about 2-3 years as a starter
He's gone in the second round
Old 04-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Nobody likes Bobby Wagner besides his family.
do you ever hear the crickets after one of your one liners?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #23
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
do you ever hear the crickets after one of your one liners?
No, but I hear you like it in the butt.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd at all, i wouldn't mind trading out of the first for more 2nd's and 3rd's if the BPA isn't there and if the right value in a trade down is there.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Wagner in the 3rd or 4th would be good, not sure about the 2nd.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote