The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Okoye

@caplannfl: In addition to Bengals and Bears, Amobi Okoye has received interest from the Bucs, Pats, and #Broncos, according to sources.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
@caplannfl: In addition to Bengals and Bears, Amobi Okoye has received interest from the Bucs, Pats, and #Broncos, according to sources.
Yea...we're not getting him! We'll be ok with drafting a couple of rookies and wonder why our run D sucks and why we can't get any pass rush up the middle.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Is he any good? I remember he was all the rage because he was young, but I also remember that he hasn't done squat in the big boy league either.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
Bmore Manning

That's a start in the right direction! He had four sacks as a back up! Bring him in please!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'd take him
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Didn't he choose the Bears over us last year?
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Bring him in!!, but he should't start. Okoye is one of the premier pass rushing DT's in the league, however he is downright awful against the run. Manning giving us a lead and Miller-Doom-Okoye-Ayers rushing the passer would be incredible.

Last edited by broncs2bowl; 03-27-2012 at 07:47 AM..
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I love this, now when we don't sign him everyone will blame the FO for not overpaying.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

He was cut from the Texans and then the Bears, who love to bring in tossed out first rounders to try and salvage them. He probably sucks. Not saying we don't suck upfront, but adding more suck doesn't really make things better.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I love this, now when we don't sign him everyone will blame the FO for not overpaying.
I know right?

Kind of like sitting in sports bar listening to certain fans of a former play screaming during buffalo game for Fox to ley QB throw the ball.....and after it gets intercepted, they then screamed that "dumb ass Fox" should've kept it on the ground....lol
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but this guy was wasted on football. At 15 years old he had the chance of going to Harvard, but choose Louisville instead for their football program. He graduated in 3 1/2 years with a psychology degree after switching from biology.

I know these were all his choices, but I can't help but think how much more this guy might have contributed with his mind if he had decided not to pursue football. It almost makes me wish he washes out of the league and returns to the sciences.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
Bmore Manning

He could come in as a run down DE to spell Dumervill, and be paired with Ayers inside on passing downs.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Is he any good? I remember he was all the rage because he was young, but I also remember that he hasn't done squat in the big boy league either.
I feel the same, I remember him coming our of college being all the talk I think he was only 19 or 20 when he was drafted to play in the NFL ... I believe he played with Elvis Dumervil at Louisville.

Drafted by the Texans and ended up with the Bears, but really hasn't been all that earth shattering.. quite career.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Yea...we're not getting him! We'll be ok with drafting a couple of rookies and wonder why our run D sucks and why we can't get any pass rush up the middle.
Denver will say we thought the rookies would pan out I guess we will address this next year and do nothing again.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
I know this may not be a popular opinion, but this guy was wasted on football. At 15 years old he had the chance of going to Harvard, but choose Louisville instead for their football program. He graduated in 3 1/2 years with a psychology degree after switching from biology.

I know these were all his choices, but I can't help but think how much more this guy might have contributed with his mind if he had decided not to pursue football. It almost makes me wish he washes out of the league and returns to the sciences.
Biology to psych. He's probably burned out. He was 19 or 20 when he was drafted and he's only 24. The NFL is a grind.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post

He's made a lot of money playing football, and he probably enjoys getting a ton of cash to play a game. Youre acting like he's some guaranteed einstein that knows the cure for cancer and is being selfish
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He was cut from the Texans and then the Bears...
The Texans released him in 2011 but I don't think the Bears cut him. I think he's an UFA.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Biology to psych. He's probably burned out. He was 19 or 20 when he was drafted and he's only 24. The NFL is a grind.
And some Okoyes just can't handle it:

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #19
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He's made a lot of money playing football, and he probably enjoys getting a ton of cash to play a game. Youre acting like he's some guaranteed einstein that knows the cure for cancer and is being selfish
Nothing is guaranteed. I was just expressing the private view, that given the choice between observing this young talent attempt to realize his potential as a football player and watching him attempt to realize his potential as a member of the medical and scientific community I would have preferred the latter. I cannot and do not fault him for the decisions he has made. I just hope that when he is done playing, he can still realize all of his mental potential as well.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He was cut from the Texans and then the Bears, who love to bring in tossed out first rounders to try and salvage them. He probably sucks. Not saying we don't suck upfront, but adding more suck doesn't really make things better.
This isn't all true, he wasn't cut by the Bears he isn't being resigned.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I forgot the Bears claimed him off waivers. It is telling they don't want to sign him, though I don't wonder what he's asking.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
the bears did not cut Okoye.....he only signed a one year deal
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I remember lots of people here wanted to draft him. wonder what the story on him is?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I forgot the Bears claimed him off waivers. It is telling they don't want to sign him, though I don't wonder what he's asking.
I'm curious about him. He does seem to have the ability to get into the backfield, and did have 4 sacks last year despite not starting (then again, so did McBean). Considering we essentially have nothing at the position, i wouldnt hate signing him.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
g6matty

i think our competition is the bears and pats. the other teams suck so why would he want to go there. if its about football id rule out the patriots because i dont think he wants to play in a 3-4 hybrid. he has a legit shot at starting on our team so hopefully he comes on down !