The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Bmore Manning

Default Not that impressed

I know I am the new guy on here, and probably only speak for a handful of Bronco fans, but I am not that impressed with what Denver has done, excluding the Manning move.

This team is a little better version of Indy defensively, because Denver has a great CB and decent LB group. But the DT holes are the exact same! Denver acquired Porter, Tamme, Dreesen, Caldwell, while they have upside.. None of them are difference makers!

If this team is in win now mode, why aren't they targeting Mike Wallace with the late first round pick? They don't have to give him Fitzgerald money and they can back load the contract he is young! Why not try to get Matt Forte from Chicago? He was Chicagos offense! Imagine him with Manning under center! Those two are difference makers! Denver has the cap room, those would signal win now moves, and both players are young proven difference makers! Then get one veteran DT and draft all defensive pieces, and this team would be dangerous! I just want more impact moves, and this team could be dangerous..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Nah We're going with plan "A" which is Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning and Peyton Manning.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

100 post rule.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

The Philadelphia Eagles we are not.

Manning was a HUGE addition in FA, but to go out and get every big name/top dollar FA has never proven the way to a championship.

The team is young, and have some talented players on the rise. They made the playoffs last yr with what some would call 'the worst QB in the league' (not that I agree).

You add a healthy Manning, a few tweaks and upgrades (I really think the offense will be in the top of the league as things are right now), and you build through the draft.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
g6matty

we had two starting DTs on IR last year. we should grab another on in free agency (shaun rogers) while re signing marcus thomas. and draft a guy which every1 knows is so obvious that we wont do it (fletcher cox, devon still) and we will be fine. ty warren, kevin vickerson, marcus thomas, free agent, draft pick.

we've had worse so thats not too bad
Old 03-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Expect to draft DT in first 3 rounds. So trading for a diva like Mike Wallace is a waste.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I am curious about the back story behind loosing Buckley and why we failed to sign Saturday. It seems those two players were high priority for a team in the win now mode. Hard to come up with an excuse for EFX for loosing those two players.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer

Give me names after Denver signed Manning? Your premise is flawed since you have to aquire Manning before you can move forward . if you think the FAs available from a week out of the start of FA will be impact players. The young RB will come from the draft. The Pierre Gason can come from the draft. If the team deems a DT worthy several are available at #25 or maybe we can get the #8 or #10 pick from the 2007 draft to play DT.

Go look at the last 5 games of 2011 and compare DT stats to Calvin Johnson's stats for where the dynamic #1 WR will come from. And we can get a straight speed take the top off the defense from the WR from Troy. 4.2 40

Matt Forte just went public a couple days ago and Wallace is not worth the money he is asking.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Give me names after Denver signed Manning? Your premise is flawed since you have to aquire Manning before you can move forward . if you think the FAs available from a week out of the start of FA will be impact players. The young RB will come from the draft. The Pierre Gason can come from the draft. If the team deems a DT worthy several are available at #25 or maybe we can get the #8 or #10 pick from the 2007 draft to play DT.

Go look at the last 5 games of 2011 and compare DT stats to Calvin Johnson's stats for where the dynamic #1 WR will come from. And we can get a straight speed take the top off the defense from the WR from Troy. 4.2 40

Matt Forte just went public a couple days ago and Wallace is not worth the money he is asking.
This was damn near a perfect impression of a mock post!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If this was Shanahan or McD at the wheel I'd be worried. Now we've got Fox and Del Rio. Before the season kicks off, I believe they are going to have this D in a much better position.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think Knowshone will be a completely different player with Manning. He'll get more receptions than carries. Before he got hurt (yet again ) he seemed to be coming on. I think we got a pretty good 1 -2 punch at running back as we are. and surly we will draft one in the mid rounds.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I am curious about the back story behind loosing Buckley and why we failed to sign Saturday. It seems those two players were high priority for a team in the win now mode. Hard to come up with an excuse for EFX for loosing those two players.
There's no back story. The saints gave him 5 years at nearly 5 mil per and 5 mil guaranteed. The guy's always had motivational issues, and that's like giving him a supersized.

There are still DT's unsigned. It's a buyers market. But giving any DT not named Suh or McCoy a long term deal is very dangerous.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

I agree. The ten year run on not addressing the DT issue is pretty scary. If Warren comes back healthy, we pick up one of the FAs, and then pick up two big bodies in the draft, then I'll feel better.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
More care about Bunkley and don't view losing Saturday as a huge loss as others. Although I fear for Manning with JD Walton and his amazing ability to not recognize an A gap blitz, AT ALL.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
I agree. The ten year run on not addressing the DT issue is pretty scary. If Warren comes back healthy, we pick up one of the FAs, and then pick up two big bodies in the draft, then I'll feel better.
Well we aren't resigning Bunkley as he went to Saints last week. (Ah you caught your edit before I hit quote!)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
as for Saturday, i don't think he was as enthused about following Manning as some believed...

we all know that Saturday and Manning had their issues from time to time, heck we even seen a clip of it (but I'm not saying they aren't good friends)...

i think Saturday was interested in finishing his career trying something different...

playing center for arguably the best quarteback/team in the NFL probably interested him more than being the guy known for just following PM wherever he went to...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
as for Saturday, i don't think he was as enthused about following Manning as some believed...

we all know that Saturday and Manning had their issues from time to time, heck we even seen a clip of it (but I'm not saying they aren't good friends)...

i think Saturday was interested in finishing his career trying something different...

playing center for arguably the best quarteback/team in the NFL probably interested him more than being the guy known for just following PM wherever he went to...
He didn't go to the Patriots
Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
There's no back story. The saints gave him 5 years at nearly 5 mil per and 5 mil guaranteed. The guy's always had motivational issues, and that's like giving him a supersized.

There are still DT's unsigned. It's a buyers market. But giving any DT not named Suh or McCoy a long term deal is very dangerous.
What's your take on Saturday signing without even the courtesy of a visit.

On and the FO was perusing Buckley hard, aid it was a priory to get him signed. If you're in the win now mode sometimes you have to over pay for key players.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post

Lambeau over Mile High? He must really not like Manning.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Ty Warren hasn't played football this decade. Pass.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

On and the FO was perusing Buckley hard, aid it was a priory to get him signed. If you're in the win now mode sometimes you have to over pay for key players.
He says on ESPN he didn't feel the Broncos wanted him as much and had other plans. Also it was reported by some he did come to Denver but no one site has ever reported if it actually happened after the visit.

Saturday says why he picked Greenbay

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 03-25-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:

If you really think Bunkley brings more than say Shaun Rodgers or John Henderson in a two year deal, your thinking makes sense. There are just a lot of fatties out there who can play run but offer little sackage. As a saints fan, I really wonder why they made that offer. But, given the Saints' situation, I don't think anyone really knows what their doing. The local paper doesn't.

I personally would have been happier if they'd signed Chris Myers who got 25 million, but I also think Walton will look better without 9 men in the box.

Saturday said it himself. He thinks the Pack has a better chance to win a Lombardi than Den. And I agree. The Pack also lost thier probowl center to St Louis, so they were pretty desperate.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #23
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He says on ESPN he didn't feel the Broncos wanted him as much and had other plans. Also it was reported he did come to Denver but no one has ever reported if it actually happened.

Saturday says why he picked Greenbay
good find.

That is better than losing a player you felt was key to your success
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #24
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I know I am the new guy on here, and probably only speak for a handful of Bronco fans, but I am not that impressed with what Denver has done, excluding the Manning move.

This team is a little better version of Indy defensively, because Denver has a great CB and decent LB group. But the DT holes are the exact same! Denver acquired Porter, Tamme, Dreesen, Caldwell, while they have upside.. None of them are difference makers!
Peyton Manning is the difference maker... most offenses, even the stellar ones don't have more than a couple difference makers...

Patriots have Brady, maybe Gronk that i would tab as difference makers... Packers have Aaron Rodgers (the receivers they have are good but not "difference makers", Rodgers is the difference maker... Saints have Brees, perhaps Graham... and the Lions have Megatron and perhaps Stafford...

the best offenses have their QB as the difference maker...Denver has Peyton, and i think DT can perhaps be one as well...

Quote:
If this team is in win now mode, why aren't they targeting Mike Wallace with the late first round pick? They don't have to give him Fitzgerald money and they can back load the contract he is young! Why not try to get Matt Forte from Chicago? He was Chicagos offense! Imagine him with Manning under center! Those two are difference makers! Denver has the cap room, those would signal win now moves, and both players are young proven difference makers! Then get one veteran DT and draft all defensive pieces, and this team would be dangerous! I just want more impact moves, and this team could be dangerous..
i think you'll notice championship teams tend to not invest HUGE money into a single WR or RB... both Wallace and Forte would cost us significant salary and picks... Forte is noce, but not necassy... grab cheaper effective offensive weapons along with a difference maker at QB and you'll have an elite offense... use that cap room for the trenches...
Old 03-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He didn't go to the Patriots
the term "arguable" was used to eliminate these types of inconsequential replies...

clearly it didn't work...