The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Bmore Manning

Default Who do you want Denver to pursue?

Here are some guys I would like to see pursued.
Note* I posted this already in the Draft Forum but ment to post it here..

MLB- David Hawthorne
RT- Demetrius Bell
RB- Stewart, Bell, Benson
FS- Oj Atogwe
DT- McKinney, Hill, Franklin, Garay, Rodgers
DE/DT- Okoye

Realize all of these guys have been passed over as of now, and while they aren't all pro bowl studs, their contracts could be affordable and they could bring some value to the team.

Bell would offer a great upgrade over Franklin or Harris, allowing Franklin to play LG.

I know Mays was resigned, but Hawthorne is such a unknown stud it would strengthen the LBs with his presence.

Any of the rest could be role players..

Who do you want Denver to pursue?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

i would like to see otagwe, but i doubt we get him...

i would definitely like to see Stewart, but clev probably has better odds due to better draft picks...

i hope brian dawkins returns...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
g6matty

amobi okoye wouldnt be bad and bring back marcus thomas. after that i think were ok with free agency maybe another wide receiver to compete in camp.

dont wanna get free agent crazy success is built through the draft
Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I think we need to sign a DT and an LB. Otherwise we head into the draft with obvious holes that are likely to make us reach based on need.

With that said, I think there is likely to be a DT available at #25 who represents value. Worthy and Stills are my favorites.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

alfred morris. a great, great, great person.

mute first.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
g6matty

oh and hopefully we give a one year deal to shaun rogers. i know he hasnt really produced lately but i always liked the nastiness he plays with. big dude in the middle to fill bunkley role
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
Bmore Manning

Free Agency or Draft both represent new players to an organization that have to learn the culture, system, and team way. That means drafted rookies and veteran free agents are on the same level, but the free agents have been professionals and have an edge over a rookie in that regard.

Anything to improve the team should be considered..

I would be fine with back to back DTs in the draft, there are plenty talented enough to start, and maybe bring in one or two DT vets. I think Demetrius Bell would be a steal. Franklin can play LG and Harris can be a backup T. I also love Hawthorne alot! I'm not feeling Mays...
Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
oh and hopefully we give a one year deal to shaun rogers. i know he hasnt really produced lately but i always liked the nastiness he plays with. big dude in the middle to fill bunkley role
I rather wait & see if he is one of the players involved in the bounties. don't want to sign him just to find out he'll be suspended.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I rather wait & see if he is one of the players involved in the bounties. don't want to sign him just to find out he'll be suspended.
thats most likely why the market is slow on abrayo franklin and rogers himself
Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
thats most likely why the market is slow on abrayo franklin and rogers himself
When are those decisions supposed to be reached?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
When are those decisions supposed to be reached?
from what i understand of the situation only defensive captains should be suspended if at all. the name everyone keeps hearing is jonathan vilma . im not sure if the punishment will be handed out for only the 07 year in which case id ont think either DT were on the team. hopefully they reach a conclusion soon
Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
DENVERDUI55

I want any combo of regressed of Gregg, Franklin, Garay, Rogers. I'd like to draft couple guys too beat DT available at 25. LB needs addressing too. DJ should get the hook if he doesn't win his appeal. MLB and wlb are needs except Mays deal means he is starting. Ted Ginn could be st returner and be a threat in slot with manning. LG along with C could use upgrade.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
Bmore Manning

Bell at RT upgrades LG as Franklin could slide inside.

Chiefs are looking at Aubrayo Franklin.. I thought Lombardi said Denver would address DT this weekend..?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Bell at RT upgrades LG as Franklin could slide inside.

Chiefs are looking at Aubrayo Franklin.. I thought Lombardi said Denver would address DT this weekend..?
It's kinda interesting that both Chorfs and we both need DTs. Their fans were desparately begging for DL help after we signed Peyton.

While I'm not happy with our DL depth, healthy and rejuvenated Ty Warren would be huge as Del Rio could use him more effectively. If Okoye could be had a cheap price, he could benefit from learning under Del Rio.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I want any combo of regressed of Gregg, Franklin, Garay, Rogers. I'd like to draft couple guys too beat DT available at 25. LB needs addressing too. DJ should get the hook if he doesn't win his appeal. MLB and wlb are needs except Mays deal means he is starting. Ted Ginn could be st returner and be a threat in slot with manning. LG along with C could use upgrade.
I was thinking of Ginn also, if only for ST's, but he has already re-signed with the Niners.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
MLB- David Hawthorne
Not going to happen. They've resigned Mays and Woodyard. The only hope of seeing meaningful improvement at MLB is Irving taking a big step forward after his "red shirt" first year.

Quote:
RT- Demetrius Bell
Not going to happen. They drafted Franklin in the second round and despite Beadles being a OT for most of his college career and then playing RT a good chunk of his rookie season they still immediately inked Franklin in at RT and Beadles at LG. I doubt they're going to give up on Franklin only one year into the game. Further, they have Ryan Harris back as depth/competition at OT. When healthy Harris is only about a billion times better than Bell has ever been, who himself is coming off an injury marred 2011. Just no real value there. Some interior line depth is what they need. Hell, a new starting OG or C is what they need, letting Beadles and Walton fight for the remaining spot with the loser pairing with Harris to give us a deep, young OL. If Konz slides to #25 he'd be an ideal pick.

Quote:
RB- Stewart, Bell, Benson
Stewart is worth considering if he can be had cheap. Young, low mileage, huge upside. Otherwise they'd be better off answering RB through the draft and having a long term cost controlled option behind McGahee. Moreno, assuming he's healthy, will make an excellent receiving back for Manning.

Quote:
FS- Oj Atogwe
I don't see them adding another starter level safety. They obviously like Mike Adams, he was the first FA they pursued out of the gate. Carter is going to start next season. The FO has shown an unwillingness to heap depth over young players so I doubt they want two FS types (Adams and Atogwe) blocking Rahim Moore should he start putting it together in year 2. I'd also expect Dawkins to be back as he's said he'd like to play again and teaming with Manning is likely his best shot at a ring to date. So that would be your four safeties (Dawk, Adams, Carter, and Moore).

Quote:
DT- McKinney, Hill, Franklin, Garay, Rodgers
DE/DT- Okoye
I wouldn't break Okoye out of the DT group.

I'd just as soon bring back Marcus Thomas as about half that list, though I would be a big fan of Sammie Lee Hill. McKinney would be worthwhile as he should handle double teams well.

Ideal world to me would be giving up our 4th to sign away Sammie Lee Hill, bring back Marcus Thomas, and then sign Okoye. They're 25, 26, and 24 respectively, all can be worthwhile contributors on a good DL. Hill has the potential to become an ever down nose with a little pass rush ability. Okoye has every down UT potential but worst case would be a solid situational interior pass rusher. If we could actually get anything out of Warren or Vickerson in 2012 teamed with those three we could be looking pretty good at DT, with a young enough core to not be back hunting for DTs again next season, assuming we get Hill and Okoye on reasonable multi-year deals.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sean Spence

Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Antonio Garay
Think he could be a solid player for us

other than that I am not too crazy on anyone else
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I was thinking of Ginn also, if only for ST's, but he has already re-signed with the Niners.
I missed that.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I would be happy with Sammy lee Hill and Curtis Lofton
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Not going to happen. They've resigned Mays and Woodyard. The only hope of seeing meaningful improvement at MLB is Irving taking a big step forward after his "red shirt" first year.

Not going to happen. They drafted Franklin in the second round and despite Beadles being a OT for most of his college career and then playing RT a good chunk of his rookie season they still immediately inked Franklin in at RT and Beadles at LG. I doubt they're going to give up on Franklin only one year into the game. Further, they have Ryan Harris back as depth/competition at OT. When healthy Harris is only about a billion times better than Bell has ever been, who himself is coming off an injury marred 2011. Just no real value there. Some interior line depth is what they need. Hell, a new starting OG or C is what they need, letting Beadles and Walton fight for the remaining spot with the loser pairing with Harris to give us a deep, young OL. If Konz slides to #25 he'd be an ideal pick.

Stewart is worth considering if he can be had cheap. Young, low mileage, huge upside. Otherwise they'd be better off answering RB through the draft and having a long term cost controlled option behind McGahee. Moreno, assuming he's healthy, will make an excellent receiving back for Manning.

I don't see them adding another starter level safety. They obviously like Mike Adams, he was the first FA they pursued out of the gate. Carter is going to start next season. The FO has shown an unwillingness to heap depth over young players so I doubt they want two FS types (Adams and Atogwe) blocking Rahim Moore should he start putting it together in year 2. I'd also expect Dawkins to be back as he's said he'd like to play again and teaming with Manning is likely his best shot at a ring to date. So that would be your four safeties (Dawk, Adams, Carter, and Moore).

I wouldn't break Okoye out of the DT group.

I'd just as soon bring back Marcus Thomas as about half that list, though I would be a big fan of Sammie Lee Hill. McKinney would be worthwhile as he should handle double teams well.

Ideal world to me would be giving up our 4th to sign away Sammie Lee Hill, bring back Marcus Thomas, and then sign Okoye. They're 25, 26, and 24 respectively, all can be worthwhile contributors on a good DL. Hill has the potential to become an ever down nose with a little pass rush ability. Okoye has every down UT potential but worst case would be a solid situational interior pass rusher. If we could actually get anything out of Warren or Vickerson in 2012 teamed with those three we could be looking pretty good at DT, with a young enough core to not be back hunting for DTs again next season, assuming we get Hill and Okoye on reasonable multi-year deals.
I respectfully disagree, while your probably right most of them won't be pursued, you are not evaluating their skill properly.
Okoye I like as a DT next to Ayers at DT on passing downs and both of them at DE on run downs and draft a DE in the draft.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

It would be nice to have a capable back-up QB to fill in for Manning after he runs out of stem cell juice.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Sean Spence

Tommy Streeter would be pretty nasty.

Give us a massive WR core that would drive smaller CB's insane.

Stephen Hill would be better but I don't see us burning a 1st or 2nd on him.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
DB Doom
super villian

check out the big brain on Brad...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN..any and all!

keep manning upright, it's all i ask

Last edited by DB Doom; 03-24-2012 at 08:14 PM..
DB Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #25
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Bronco need another WR with some speed and good hands. Danny Coale from Virginia Tech could be a sleeper and possible in the 3-4th round range and has some punt/kick return experience as well as even punting.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote