The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default Elway said, Tebow said. Who is lying about the J E T S?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jets/#respond
Quote:
On Wednesday, multiple reports indicated that the Broncos were allowing quarterback Tim Tebow to choose between the Jets and the Jaguars. After the trade went down, Tebow claimed otherwise.

In a late-night media conference call, Tebow said that he “didn’t have any [say]” in his destination, and that the Broncos had “all that power.”

Broncos V.P. of football operations John Elway begs to differ.

“There was more [offered] from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him,” Elway told ESPN Radio in Denver on Thursday, via Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. “He knew what was going on the whole time. The reports that he was not involved are not accurate.”

It’s more than “reports” that Tebow wasn’t involved. Tebow said so himself.

And here’s one of the benefits of having an image of devout faith and overt acts of charity and stubborn chastity. Folks who enjoy such an image can get away with a periodic whopper, and no one will think that they are stretching the truth.

Even if they possibly are.

Regardless of the truth, Tebow has no reason to say he chose the Jets over the Jaguars. If things don’t work out in New York, where the owner, the coaching staff, and the front office want him, Tebow eventually could go to Jacksonville, where the current owner always will.

Why spoil an eventual homecoming by alienating the hometown crowd now?
I believe Tebow has more to gain by lying.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Agamemnon

Who has a proven history of lying? Hint: it's not Tebow.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Meh. TT is gone. No point getting upset about this, IMO.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Meh. TT is gone. No point getting upset about this, IMO.

yep
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
if you read closely, there's a bit of lawyer speak involved. it's absolutely true that the Broncos had all the power. Tebow can't trade himself. it can also be true that Tebow was involved without picking the team.

in the end, i think you'll find that every side involved will be able to parse the language and claim that they were 100% truthful.

it doesn't really matter though. if JAX really wanted him, they had every chance to make a better deal and can still make a deal with NYJ. i don't see any way that the JAX organization can claim that he spurned them, if that's what they're claiming.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This article only exists because the reporter is a moron. Notice how he couldn't write this story with all of Tebows quote? The full one I saw didn't say anything about Tebow not being involved. The quote this writter took a few words from, was something like: "ultimately, they had final say in where I went", or something close. He didn't say he wasn't involved. He said the final decision theirs.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

If it's lawyer speak, he did a good job placating his hometown. And if he did make the choice, it was the right one. Wildcat will suit TT well
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I don't think Timmy is too much of an attention whore, but i get the idea that his brother is...and his brother pulls a lot of strings with Tim. His brand can expand ten fold in NYC. I don't see why Elway would lie about this.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
uplink
Ring of Famer

I believe alot of quotes are coming from Tebow's brother, not Tebow himself. The one about liking Rex on hard knocks was from his brothers mouth I saw the interview on TV.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
CEH
Ring of Famer

Robby Tebow is a leach. Sounds like Tebow didn't think the coaches in JAX were 100% behind him. He just came from that situation. Why go back even if its he hometown
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
if you read closely, there's a bit of lawyer speak involved. it's absolutely true that the Broncos had all the power. Tebow can't trade himself. it can also be true that Tebow was involved without picking the team.

in the end, i think you'll find that every side involved will be able to parse the language and claim that they were 100% truthful.

it doesn't really matter though. if JAX really wanted him, they had every chance to make a better deal and can still make a deal with NYJ. i don't see any way that the JAX organization can claim that he spurned them, if that's what they're claiming.

This is what I think too

Tebow has proved himself quite the word smith (He'll need it in NYC) He is careful to not burn bridges, past and future. Besides I think he would have chosen NYJ's anyway.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
I think somebody has an axe to grind on Tebow. Tebow didn't hold any cards. Never has. The kids works his ass off and led us to a division championship and Playoff win. Doesn't seem like the lying type. We should just nip that in the butt.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

translation: Tebow left it up to his agent

yawn...
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Who has a proven history of lying? Hint: it's not Tebow.
Tebow lied about what he said to Woody Paige in Training Camp regarding having the starting job taken away from him.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Wish we traded him to the Jags. Would have been better.

That said, there's going to be 100x more drama from him going to the Jets and to a division where there's a team that already excels at stopping him (New England) thanks in large part to the Wildcat being prevalent in that division on account of Miami all those years.

AFC South and Jaguars would have been the best thing to happen to Tebow the player. Oh well.

{popcorn}
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Tebow lied about what he said to Woody Paige in Training Camp regarding having the starting job taken away from him.
He did? How do you know this?
Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

He's not entitled to decide...so there you go. Welcome to contract life.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Actually, if you think about it, Elway threw Tim under the bus by saying publicly It was Tim's decision which team he went to.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Damn! I guess Tim just threw Elway under the bus with his lies, eh? That's a shame.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I really don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. Even if you buy into the fact that he lied, and I don't, it was more in the "white lie" category, because he didn't want to say that he would rather go to a team and coaching staff that values him more, because he knew that the Jags were doing it strictly for the owner. He also doesn't want Florida fans to think he is dissing them.

Here's an analogy for you:

When your wife or girlfriend asks you if the dress she just put on makes her butt look big, you had better know the answer to that and tell the white lie.
Same thing here.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
CEH
Ring of Famer

Schefter reported that Tim had a say in where he wanted to do, and Schefter reported that Tim didn't feel the Jaguars wanted him as much as NY did. So according to Schefter, Tim DID choose the NYJ over Jacksonville.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Wish we traded him to the Jags. Would have been better.

That said, there's going to be 100x more drama from him going to the Jets and to a division where there's a team that already excels at stopping him (New England) thanks in large part to the Wildcat being prevalent in that division on account of Miami all those years.

AFC South and Jaguars would have been the best thing to happen to Tebow the player. Oh well.

{popcorn}
that whole division faced that offense as well
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Schefter reported that Tim had a say in where he wanted to do, and Schefter reported that Tim didn't feel the Jaguars wanted him as much as NY did. So according to Schefter, Tim DID choose the NYJ over Jacksonville.
I heard the audio of the interview on ESPN. Tebow said the Donks were constantly in touch with his agent throughout the process, but was careful to insist that he didn't have "final" say. The interview corroborates what Elway said. Tebow is being a politician...which others in this thread figured.

There was no lie from either side. Just an over-saturation of media coverage. And some fun with words.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

What did you expect Tebow to say anyway, "Ya I picked the most challenging locker room and media in the NFL because I hate those NASCAR loving rednecks in the South."
Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #25
sazwaz
Just Drafted

There's a difference between picking between Jax and Jets BEFORE the trade was announced, and 8 hours later after things got messed up. I think Denver picked Jets without asking Tim, then when it stalled and Jax got into the mix and upped their offer Broncos go - "So Tim, totally your choice". Tim would look bad either way, and Denver gets to look like they were accommodating. Everything I've read, his "choice" was during the latter scenario.

Sounds like Tim has accepted it and moved on. Now let's get some damn DTs.
sazwaz is offline   Reply With Quote