The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default Tim Tebow IS a Jet THE END (EDIT) Tebow a Bronco again - Trade on HOLD until new contract is signed

It's done. It's over. THE END

Confirmed by Schefter. Filed to ESPN, etc.

Jets pay HALF of the 5 mill.

We got boned in the trade imo, but I guess that means the Jags were offering **** in return. Aka. Khan wanted the public to think he tried or w/e.

Jets got their guy. He's going to be a focal part of their goal line **** and wild cat offense.

Mark Sanchez is cutting himself.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
It's done. It's over. THE END

Confirmed by Schefter. Filed to ESPN, etc.

Jets pay HALF of the 5 mill.

We got boned in the trade imo, but I guess that means the Jags were offering **** in return. Aka. Khan wanted the public to think he tried or w/e.

Jets got their guy. He's going to be a focal part of their goal line **** and wild cat offense.

Mark Sanchez is cutting himself.
I'm not seeing mention of our 7th anymore though. So was that split of the 5 in exchange for the 7th?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

according to Adam schefter, tebow picked the Jets over the Jags
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
lolcopter

Sanchez is the new orton
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
MortonToMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Sanchez is the new orton
Lot more billboards in NY
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
This should confuse tebowites.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

The deal was halted earlier due to language in Tebow's contract relating to prepaid bonuses and salary, but the Jets have agreed to pay half of the $5 million in compensation back to Denver to finish the trade, the source said.

The Jaguars re-entered trade talks following the snag in the original deal and the Broncos allowed Tebow to weight in on which way the deal went, according a source told Schefter.

According to a source, Tebow was said to be excited about the prospect of playing with the Jets.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Very interesting.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Ouch. That has to sting, Mr Khan. Or should I say Super Mario...can't fool me.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
It's over. THE END
Revelation 22:18-19, I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book; if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...d-with-broncos

According to Schefter, the Jaguars had jumped back into the bidding after the initial deal fell through, and were willing to pay most or all of that $5,036,250 figure. Incredibly, Schefter reports that Tebow ended up having some input into where he landed, and he chose the Jets, despite wide assumptions he preferred to go home to Florida.

As Schefter puts it, the Jets coaching staff was clearly more interested than the Jaguars coaches were, and this apparently made the move to Gang Green more appealing to Tebow.

If we're reading this correctly, this means the Broncos have taken a lesser return in terms of both draft choices (the Jags pick higher in each round than do the Jets) and cash, to honor Tebow's preference. Remarkable, truly.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post

According to Schefter, the Jaguars had jumped back into the bidding after the initial deal fell through, and were willing to pay most or all of that $5,036,250 figure. Incredibly, Schefter reports that Tebow ended up having some input into where he landed, and he chose the Jets, despite wide assumptions he preferred to go home to Florida.

As Schefter puts it, the Jets coaching staff was clearly more interested than the Jaguars coaches were, and this apparently made the move to Gang Green more appealing to Tebow.

If we're reading this correctly, this means the Broncos have taken a lesser return in terms of both draft choices (the Jags pick higher in each round than do the Jets) and cash, to honor Tebow's preference. Remarkable, truly.
Well that sucks
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Yet teboners will still whine and cry about Elway lowballing tebow to the jets.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

You just gotta say that Tebow deserved to make that decision and it was the classiest thing that the FO could do in that situation.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Sanchez is the new orton
Ouch!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:

Beav and the Funky Bunch will surely spin this so that Elway looks like the villain of the story.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Apparently Elway is a wizard ninja. My earlier opposition to this Manning signing has crumbled to the point that I now feel just a little disappointment that Tebow has been sent to New York.

Ah well. If we are going to do this, lets sign some impact players and have a good draft and see where it goes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No way we got boned. Obviously this was the best we were going to get and we absolutely had to get rid of him. He should've been drafted in the fourth anyways.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

If its similar compensation I am glad John let Tebow pick where he wanted to go between the two teams

not shocked at all he picked the Jets, people will try to spin it and say Elway screwed him truth is he let him pick the team he wanted to go to and it wasn't the Jags might shock some people but not me.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
If its similar compensation I am glad John let Tebow pick where he wanted to go between the two teams

not shocked at all he picked the Jets, people will try to spin it and say Elway screwed him truth is he let him pick the team he wanted to go to and it wasn't the Jags might shock some people but not me.
I think more people (read: agent) were helping to influence Tebow's choice, if the FO was really allowing him to do so.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

Just as I expected, both the Broncos & Tebow have handled this in class. Good for both of them.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Sanchez is the new orton
Ouch!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

As a NY Broncos fan, I'm happy my team is better, we got draft picks... and Tebow has a chance to play since Sanchez ****ing sucks. Oh and I'll get to go see Tebow play if I want to.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
I think more people (read: agent) were helping to influence Tebow's choice, if the FO was really allowing him to do so.
Doubt it.

New York gives him the highest platform in America to spread his message.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Pretty damn classy, Broncos.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote