The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Skip Bayless is annoying

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

He was in for Greenberg today on Mike and Mike when they interviewed Demaryius. DT didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement that Tebow could be a successful starter elsewhere, and Skip was shocked and thought that DT was the one guy on the team who would give Tim a ringing endorsement.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
lolcopter

**** you rob parker

edit: and **** you too skip. dawkins probably isn't coming back but there's no need to be a dick about it

Last edited by lolcopter; 03-20-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
He was in for Greenberg today on Mike and Mike when they interviewed Demaryius. DT didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement that Tebow could be a successful starter elsewhere, and Skip was shocked and thought that DT was the one guy on the team who would give Tim a ringing endorsement.
I realize Skip's shtick is an act to get people all riled up and increase viewership, but still... he just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

I love the imbecile who starts off. "They aren't going to sweep the AFC West again!"

Um, what season are we talking about? 1998?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...214530179.html

It's been well-established that ESPN's Skip Bayless is a workout fiend. He spends endless hours on the treadmill, and looks to be in fantastic shape for his age. It's also been well-established that Bayless is a fame-hungry sellout that will say anything on air (and formerly, before he realized it wasn't making him famous enough, in print) just to draw a reaction, and more eyes, and more ratings. Recently, Bayless criticized Oklahoma City point guard Russell Westbrook without the slightest bit of basketball smarts, or hint of nuance, much less research. OKC All-Star Kevin Durant rightfully took his obsessive brand of ignorance to task, and Bayless responded by pumping up his own credits as a high school point guard who finally learned that PGs should think "pass" 12 times before they fire away, on Twitter.
Bayless' ESPN co-host Jalen Rose, after a bit of research of his own, took on Skip after Bayless claimed that he started as a shot-happy point guard for a high school team that made the state finals in Oklahoma. Bayless didn't start for his high school squad, it turns out, and didn't even play for the varsity until his senior season, when he averaged 1.4 points per game. Here's the video of Rose calling a clearly uncomfortable Bayless out:

Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton did choose relationship over roster. Any football fan knows that the 49ers roster is head and shoulders better than the Broncos and that they were the team that for more ready to win than the Broncos or Titans.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I never liked Bayless. Even when he was defending Tebow the way he was. The dud is an idiot.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Peyton did choose relationship over roster. Any football fan knows that the 49ers roster is head and shoulders better than the Broncos and that they were the team that for more ready to win than the Broncos or Titans.
Thanks Sherlock, any other obvious statements you want to throw out there?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

What do have to say now Skippy?
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Skip Bayless, Jalen Rose, and Steven A. Smith are all on First Take talking about Skip getting his feelings hurt by Jalen, and they all need a tissue. Does this really need to be hashed out on TV? This show is about them and not about sports. I can see them addressing it, but they have been talking about it for like the last 30 minutes and now they are bickering about it.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Thanks Sherlock, any other obvious statements you want to throw out there?
While we're on the subject of obvious statements, how about "Skip Bayless is annoying."

Last edited by hookemhess; 04-11-2012 at 02:40 PM..
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
I never liked Bayless. Even when he was defending Tebow the way he was. The dud is an idiot.
I feel the exact opposite. I found him entertaining before, during and after the Bayless-fawning-over-Tebow Era. He's an entertainer, nothing more, and he doesn't try to hide it, so I always thought he was pretty funny.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Skip Bayless, Jalen Rose, and Steven A. Smith are all on First Take talking about Skip getting his feelings hurt by Jalen, and they all need a tissue. Does this really need to be hashed out on TV? This show is about them and not about sports. I can see them addressing it, but they have been talking about it for like the last 30 minutes and now they are bickering about it.
cable TV sucks. ESPN has 24 hours a day to fill, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. it's all about quantity, not quality. if they thought they could get away with spending a half hour picking each other's noses, they would.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I love the imbecile who starts off. "They aren't going to sweep the AFC West again!"

Um, what season are we talking about? 1998?
No kidding... Does the guy not remember the opening night loss to the Raiders, the season ending loss to the Chiefs, or the hone loss to San Diego?!?

I know! He thinks the Broncos play in the NFC South!
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
cable TV sucks. ESPN has 24 hours a day to fill, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. it's all about quantity, not quality. if they thought they could get away with spending a half hour picking each other's noses, they would.
Not to mention that some of these guys had revised their opinions... from the day before!
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #17
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

I don't believe Denver is that far below San Fran. San Fran made it one game farther last year. Say what you will, but that isn't head and shoulders above Denver.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
While we're on the subject of obvious statements, how about "Sky Bayless is annoying."
Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Sounds like The View
Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I feel the exact opposite. I found him entertaining before, during and after the Bayless-fawning-over-Tebow Era. He's an entertainer, nothing more, and he doesn't try to hide it, so I always thought he was pretty funny.
I tend to agree. I'm one of the Tebow doubters but I actually found myself agreeing with Skip's pro-Tebow arguments during those segments more often than not.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
I don't believe Denver is that far below San Fran. San Fran made it one game farther last year. Say what you will, but that isn't head and shoulders above Denver.
I think their defense is significantly better. And we got lucky against a banged up Steelers team while they beat a very good Saints team and gave the eventual Super Bowl champs about all they could handle in the NFCCG.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think their defense is significantly better. And we got lucky against a banged up Steelers team while they beat a very good Saints team and gave the eventual Super Bowl champs about all they could handle in the NFCCG.
This. That defense is NASTY. Manning with Vernon Davis, Crabtree, Gore.... that would have been ridiculous and I thought that would be his destination since this whole thing started. But there is a good reason Manning picked us, I'm not exactly sure what it is, but he's not a stupid man.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
Tyrel Jones

Broncos vs 49ers next years SB.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
Drunken.Broncoholic

The doooosher Bayless opened his mouth again this morning. Basically saying redskins fans are blatant racists. Not only saying "most redskins fans are white" but also saying they prefer a white QB to succeed over a black one. Then comparing black people prefer a black QB.

How many black people would prefer Tavaris Jackson or Vick over Brady Rogers or Eli? Bayless is an idiot who's said way too many things to get fired for, add this to that list.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #25
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
S.F., I believe will take a step back this year. I'm thinking 10-6 and they will probably win there division, but in now way will they resemble the team they were last year in the regular season,