The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default Tim Tebow got a raw deal in Denver

Like Tebow or don't like Tebow, doesn't matter - he was treated very poorly here. Let's recap:

- First, pre-draft with all the talk about changing his mechanics, throwing motion, gotta believe he'd be a low-pressure 3rd rounder, have some time to learn. But Josh reaches - trades up to draft him at 25. But that's okay, no pressure, Josh was his #1 booster, he believed in Tebow. Believed just enough to park the kid's butt. Tebow threw just ONE pass in the 12 games McDaniels was coach, compared to 80+ the last 4 post-Josh.

- Last off-season, March-April, Elway says something like "we're giving him thge ball," or "it's his job to lose," something to that effect. Strike ends, camp starts, and 2-3 days in he's demoted. Demoted in the most wishy-washy p.r. fiasco way possible. Sounded like he wasn't even kept in the loop.

- Then after Orton crumbles, Tebow delivers the win streak! On December 21, in the throes of Tebow-mania, Elway: "Tim Tebow's not going anywhere. I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

- Then Tebow delivers the Steelers miracle ... and Elway said just 23 days ago: "I was really happy with his progress. We’re hoping he’s going to be the guy for a long, long time.” Not just a "long" time, but a "long, long" time.

And now "long long" doesn't even merit backup status to Manning ... and the trade talk is a mere 5th rounder.

Like Tebow or not, he got screwed here.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
gotfredson
Solid Starter

Dumbass
gotfredson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

So he's no longer a virgin, heeeeeeyyyyooooooooo.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I am a big big fan of Tebow but when you get a shot at Manning and it costs only money it's hard to say no to that.

It's a game changer.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tim Tebow got to play QB in the NFL.
Tim Tebow got to play QB in 2 postseason games.
Tim Tebow got enough exposure to be a marketing brand up with Tiger Woods at his prime.
Tim Tebow will still get to play in the NFL.
Tim Tebow was paid millions of dollars.

Tim Tebow, and I love him to death, is gonna be ok. The terms by which you exist in the NFL are well known to all before entering.

I wish him the best but if this is the worst thing that ever happens to him, he is in for one hell of a life.

Last edited by prunch; 03-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: typo
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Like Tebow or don't like Tebow, doesn't matter - he was treated very poorly here. Let's recap:

- First, pre-draft with all the talk about changing his mechanics, throwing motion, gotta believe he'd be a low-pressure 3rd rounder, have some time to learn. But Josh reaches - trades up to draft him at 25. But that's okay, no pressure, Josh was his #1 booster, he believed in Tebow. Believed just enough to park the kid's butt. Tebow threw just ONE pass in the 12 games McDaniels was coach, compared to 80+ the last 4 post-Josh.

- Last off-season, March-April, Elway says something like "we're giving him thge ball," or "it's his job to lose," something to that effect. Strike ends, camp starts, and 2-3 days in he's demoted. Demoted in the most wishy-washy p.r. fiasco way possible. Sounded like he wasn't even kept in the loop.

- Then after Orton crumbles, Tebow delivers the win streak! On December 21, in the throes of Tebow-mania, Elway: "Tim Tebow's not going anywhere. I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy."

- Then Tebow delivers the Steelers miracle ... and Elway said just 23 days ago: "I was really happy with his progress. Were hoping hes going to be the guy for a long, long time. Not just a "long" time, but a "long, long" time.

And now "long long" doesn't even merit backup status to Manning ... and the trade talk is a mere 5th rounder.

Like Tebow or not, he got screwed here.
the Broncos paid him over 10 million. he can cry on his jesus shaped pillow for all i care.

it is a business, and business is best when you are winning championships and sadly a guy who can't complete 50% of his passes won't win championships.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
g00fyfoot
Seasoned Veteran

Tim will be fine. He doesn't need to be coddled. Life isn't fair. Get over it.
g00fyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunch View Post
Tim Tebow got to play QB in the NFL.
Tim Tebow got to play QB in 2 postseason games.
Tim Tebow got enough exposure to be a marketing brand up with Tiger Woods at his prime.
Tim Tebow will still get to play in the NFL.
Tim Tebow was paid millions of dollars.

Tim Tebow, and I love him to death, is gonna be ok. The terms by which you exist in the NFL are well known to all before entering.

I wis him the best but if this is the worst thing that ever happens to him, he is in for one hell of a life.
ha yeah seriously
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Tebow's gonna say, true to form, that he thanks Jesus for the opportunity to play with such a great team as the Denver Broncos and that everything is in God's hands. God has a plan and that plan appears to not include the Denver Broncos. He's gonna walk the walk and not be a hypocrite. Why can't you?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

If the NFL was fair, then I would agree. But if I had a nickel for every guy in the NFL who had ever gotten a raw deal, then I would have a lot of nickles.

He's a good guy. I can't begin to understand why he seems to bring out the worst in some of his fans. But he deserves a great life. And I would bet that he'll get it.

Truly, in an ideal world, I'd love it if he stayed here for the next 2-3 years, and was groomed, a la Steve Young. But I don't think he wants that.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'm not a Tebow guy, never thought he had an NFL skill set. But still ... just statin' the facts here.

And baja, I agree on Manning. But now Tebow's not even a backup?! And we're peddling him for a 5th rounder?!?!?

How soon we forget .......

John should be somewhat embarrassed.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
I'm not a Tebow guy, never thought he had an NFL skill set. But still ... just statin' the facts here.

And baja, I agree on Manning. But now Tebow's not even a backup?! And we're peddling him for a 5th rounder?!?!?

That's not confirmed. He could very well be our backup.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

*Sigh*... again with this thread.. its been played out.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Your GM says you're gonna be the guy for "a long, long time," then starts shopping you for a 5th rounder 2 frickin' weeks later?

And that's okay with everybody? Really?!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

I've been one of the biggest Tebow supporters out there but its the big leagues and the bottom line is winning Super Bowls. He's a big boy and he'll move on, I don't feel he got shafted in any way, he just wasn't what EFX was looking for in a QB
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Your GM says you're gonna be the guy for "a long, long time," then starts shopping you for a 5th rounder 2 frickin' weeks later?

You forgot to insert the minor detail of the Manning signing between "starter" and "shopping." Sort of a game changer, don't you think?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Tebow's gonna say, true to form, that he thanks Jesus for the opportunity to play with such a great team as the Denver Broncos and that everything is in God's hands. God has a plan and that plan appears to not include the Denver Broncos. He's gonna walk the walk and not be a hypocrite. Why can't you?
of course he wont question why god told him something different the last time.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Tebow would be a great back up, I would love to see him learn under Manning for 3-4 years as it is what Tim really needs in order to be a great QB down the road. I think that Tim could even buy into that. It is his fanboys that the Broncos need to get rid of, because the Broncos doesn't want a freaking billboard every time Manning has a bad game (and it will happen) nor that distraction.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

Once again there has been no decision on Tebow's future.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
So he's no longer a virgin, heeeeeeyyyyooooooooo.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Even if that 5th round crap is true, it would only be because NO other team thinks he is worth more. That says a lot.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

A raw deal? Huh?

They drafted him higher than anyone else would've and paid him more than anyone else would've. They allowed him to be an NFL QB when nobody else did. They're dangling him out there to anyone who wants him right now.....and nobody is jumping at the chance to make him their starting QB.....or even their backup QB. Even though his cap hit is near the league minimum.

We gave him a far better deal than anyone else did (or is). Think about it. If it was that raw a deal, every other team would be jumping all over the chance to sign him now for nothing. They're not.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #24
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Tebow would be a great back up, I would love to see him learn under Manning for 3-4 years as it is what Tim really needs in order to be a great QB down the road. I think that Tim could even buy into that. It is his fanboys that the Broncos need to get rid of, because the Broncos doesn't want a freaking billboard every time Manning has a bad game (and it will happen) nor that distraction.
x10
Old 03-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
db56
Seasoned Veteran

yeah, he was clearly undervalued and mistreated by this FO. all the knuckleheads are saying its the NFL and he isnt owed anything and that is idiotic, he clearly has earned his keep based off what he did last season but whatever. I hope he stays and learns a few things from old greybeard and is ready to go when he get his chance but I dont blame him for moving on.

either way, now that I've calmed down and reality has set in, it is what it is. Manning is a HOF QB and a good guy and I'm not going to cry about it, its over..
db56 is offline   Reply With Quote