The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Plan B? ..."We're going plan A!"

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Bronco Yoda

There's only one reason PM even seriously considered Denver... that's Elway.

Remember last year when people were freaking out about Elway in the FO.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
There's only one reason PM even seriously considered Denver... that's Elway.

Remember last year when people were freaking out about Elway in the FO.
So because Elway is Manning's childhood hero that makes him good at running an NFL team?
Old 03-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So because Elway is Manning's childhood hero that makes him good at running an NFL team?
Let us know how many sour grapes you've got in that bag of yours, will ya? I want to believe there will be an end to these whiny ass posts at some point.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Bronco Yoda

I love the player and person Tebow is. But Elway isn't doing his job if he's not ALWAYS trying to get the team better.

Good on you John. Always push it!

btw, you can tell John really likes Tebow. You can tell it was a really hard call for him. That's what good leaders do... make the tough calls.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
No his past background and his business degree from stanford does though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

No. His intelligence and charisma combining into leadership are what make him good at running an NFL team. Say what you want about John Elway, but the evidence so far is that he's knocking the cover off the ball as an NFL executive.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Elway just pulled off one of the biggest free agency coups in history and some are questioning his FO skills? WTF? I guarantee you, at the next NFL meetings, Ozzie Newsome comes up and pats John on the back and congratulates him.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What's hilarious is not recognizing the value in having him. We wouldn't have one of the greatest ever right now, if it wasn't for him. This creates a tremendous channel for FA's. We're in the hut for SB's baby. That's awesome. Thanks John.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Elway just pulled off one of the biggest free agency coups in history and some are questioning his FO skills? WTF? I guarantee you, at the next NFL meetings, Ozzie Newsome comes up and pats John on the back and congratulates him.
Elway gave manning 30 pieces of silver and nailed tim to a tree!
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Let us know how many sour grapes you've got in that bag of yours, will ya? I want to believe there will be an end to these whiny ass posts at some point.
I'm waiting for people to stop going full retard over Elway as a football exec. It should be fun to see who has to wait longer...
Old 03-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

"What? Plan B? We don't have a Plan B...We're goin' with Plan A!

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
No. His intelligence and charisma combining into leadership are what make him good at running an NFL team. Say what you want about John Elway, but the evidence so far is that he's knocking the cover off the ball as an NFL executive.
That he played gives him instant credibility too. As Jack Del Rio said, having played the game will buy you your first five minutes, the rest is on you though.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
What's hilarious is not recognizing the value in having him. We wouldn't have one of the greatest ever right now, if it wasn't for him. This creates a tremendous channel for FA's. We're in the hut for SB's baby. That's awesome. Thanks John.
Personally I'd far prefer an experienced football exec who understands how to and is willing to take the hard road to long-term success through building through the draft and developing homegrown talent rather than simply trying to "win now" with a talent starved roster and one over-the-hill QB. To each their own.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This move reminds me a lot of the drafting of Cutler coming off the AFC CG. Is Jay a better QB than Jake, most people would say yes, but the opportunity cost was Haloti Ngata. Manning (healthy, of course) is no doubt better than a project QB who needs work, but we might not even know the opportunity cost for a while. It could be that we trade Tebow and he grows into a franchise QB, it could be that we're squeezed against the cap in 2-3 years time and don't even make it to the Superbowl.

I wouldn't have made the move, I'm still waiting on a starting quality DT, #2 CB and MLB that we haven't had for 5+ years while playing QB carousel. I'm curious about the other moves we're going to make now because last years team minus Tebow plus Manning isn't a Superbowl contender yet.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
No, because Elway knows how to treat players and give them what they need to succeed is why he will be a good if not great GM. He just landed the best available FA since Reggie White and a lot of people are still taking pot shots at him. John Elway. Geez.

I am not sure if it's arrogance, pride, or a having to be right about everything, but damn enjoy the moment as a fan. We should all have SOME doubts. However, to have the doubts outweigh the Joy of finally kicking ass in FA and making this team an instant SB contender, not gauranteed SB winner, but contender is just plain selfish pain.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
No, because Elway knows how to treat players and give them what they need to succeed is why he will be a good if not great GM. He just landed the best available FA since Reggie White and a lot of people are still taking pot shots at him. John Elway. Geez.

I am not sure if it's arrogance, pride, or a having to be right about everything, but damn enjoy the moment as a fan. We should all have SOME doubts. However, to have the doubts outweigh the Joy of finally kicking ass in FA and making this team an instant SB contender, not gauranteed SB winner, but contender is just plain selfish pain.
What joy? We just signed a guy I honestly thought should hang it up just a few months ago, while dumping a young QB who managed more amazing moments in one season than most players manage over a career. I'm sorry, but just because you think what's happened is a good thing, does not actually make it so.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Quote:
So because you're a random poster on a fan message board that makes you good at evaluating NFL front office talent?
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
What joy? We just signed a guy I honestly thought should hang it up just a few months ago, while dumping a young QB who managed more amazing moments in one season than most players manage over a career. I'm sorry, but just because you think what's happened is a good thing, does not actually make it so.
I'm sorry, but your man crush is very funny.....or would be if the 'obsessiveness' weren't so disturbing.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

We should sign that Patrick Merling guy.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Personally I'd far prefer an experienced football exec who understands how to and is willing to take the hard road to long-term success through building through the draft and developing homegrown talent rather than simply trying to "win now" with a talent starved roster and one over-the-hill QB. To each their own.
I understand, agree with and appreciate your general premise but this is an anomaly. The circumstances are unique.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

so will manning play defense and stop the pats so we can go to the Superbowl especially that how should i put it the homosexual light gronkowski not that theres anything wrong with that and the price we are paying manning he best be producing a lombardi every year til he retires , no afc championship nor afc west championship will do. anyone who is aiming that low should gtfo the nets
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Fine. You can sit in your house and whine about how we didn't do it the hard way while the rest of us are at the parade partying like it's 1999. Or 1998.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Good choice on your avatar Dan
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The other funny line was when Elway got the call from Manning and then he had to cover the phone while Fox danced around the room.