The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley
Default Denver Tebow fans

How long is the process going to take for the Denver Tebow fans to fade away? Are we going to be waiting a long time or will they be gone by the start of training camp?

Occupy O'mane - Denver Broncos fans are taking this spot back, move along.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

this should be awesome
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
How long is the process going to take for the Denver Tebow fans to fade away? Are we going to be waiting a long time or will they be gone by the start of training camp?

you're aware that Tebow is still on the team, right?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Anyone who likes Tebow can't possibly be right. Except that they were last year. Anyone who likes Tebow can't possible be Broncos fans, except some of us have been in orange and blue at Superbowls where the Broncos were playing. Anyone who likes Tebow must be religious, even though it's his critics that act like bigots every time his name comes up.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There are people here who still pine for the off-putting frown cannon. I suspect it will take much longer for a much more likable, more famous, warrior-like player in Tebow.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:

Just to be clear....one final time. You folks who say "Tebow fans", or "Tebowners" or "Tebowites".....

...are you saying you can't be fans of both the team and Tebow? I thought by default....that we are usually fans of the players that are on "our" team....

...or what I'm guessing your saying is the "new" Bronco fans....perhaps the Gator fans (which I've never been).

Darkhorse, you and I are the same age so I'm guessing you've been a fan as long as I have....which is longer than Tebow's been alive. Yet, I loved the inspired play he brought after watching Orton mope off the field. Yes, I'm even a little disappointed he's leaving (probably because it's the most exciting season we've had in years)....even though better offenses are clearly in the immediate future.

So by expressing slight disappointment that we won't get to see what Tebow may or may not become.......that classifies one as a "Tebowite"?

I guess I'll never get it.....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Anyone who likes Tebow can't possibly be right. Except that they were last year. Anyone who likes Tebow can't possible be Broncos fans, except some of us have been in orange and blue at Superbowls where the Broncos were playing. Anyone who likes Tebow must be religious, even though it's his critics that act like bigots every time his name comes up.
well to be fair i know a couple who both have been lifelong Broncos fans, but said yesterday they dropped ther season tickets and will no longer support the broncos in anyway, all because of tebow...

And they arent the only ones, i even have a family member acting the same way, also a lifelong fan, but not anymore.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There are people here who still pine for the off-putting frown cannon. I suspect it will take much longer for a much more likable, more famous, warrior-like player in Tebow.
If he ever goes to a Pro Bowl we damned well better win a Super Bowl with Manning or it will be Ed ****ing Reed for the next decade.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
swaiy

There are like what, 5 "tebowites (stupid ****ing word btw)" on this site? Some of you guys obsess over these 5 Tebow fans more than the fans obsess over Tebow. What a damn shame.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
teknic

Maybe if people would stop making Tebow threads and stop bringing Tebow into the conversation in EVERY thread.

The fan-police calling out the Tebow fans are annoying me at least equally as much. What happened to embracing the players on your team, and being a welcoming community?

The writing is on the wall, Tebow is going to be traded elsewhere. I like the guy, and wish him luck wherever he goes. He certainly deserves better than the bashing he gets from the mainstream media that have no idea what they are talking about. That said, why are we still arguing about Tebow when the Broncos just signed one of the best QBs of all time? Let's get back to being a fun and welcoming community instead of deriding the opinions of others and bashing each other. Manning is a chance for a fresh start, and hopefully a Superbowl or two.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

#occupyOM
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Just to be clear....one final time. You folks who say "Tebow fans", or "Tebowners" or "Tebowites".....

...are you saying you can't be fans of both the team and Tebow? I thought by default....that we are usually fans of the players that are on "our" team....

...or what I'm guessing your saying is the "new" Bronco fans....perhaps the Gator fans (which I've never been).

Darkhorse, you and I are the same age so I'm guessing you've been a fan as long as I have....which is longer than Tebow's been alive. Yet, I loved the inspired play he brought after watching Orton mope off the field. Yes, I'm even a little disappointed he's leaving (probably because it's the most exciting season we've had in years)....even though better offenses are clearly in the immediate future.

So by expressing slight disappointment that we won't get to see what Tebow may or may not become.......that classifies one as a "Tebowite"?

This guy gets it.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Quote:

Nah i'm speaking to the people that love Tebow so much that it blinds them to what is best for this team. We want championships, my childhood consisted of having a powerhouse team almost year in and year out. I'm used to getting into the playoffs and winning, we had Elway so we were in every game.

I loved what the team was able to do with Tebow leading us last year - a magical season that will never happen again. That being said, in order for us to compete in the playoffs (or make it for that matter) Tebow would have to improve 200% as a passer in one off-season. That's a lot to ask for a guy who's passing ability is lower than some high school guys i've seen.

But this is Peyton Manning, one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game and now he's suiting up in Orange and Blue, my team.

I was excited to see Tebow's growth this coming year with an off-season and some experience but I never expected us to win more than 6 or 7 games this coming season under Tebow. At most, even with off-season. We can run a conventional offense now, we can have backups that aren't one dimensional runners, etc....this is a great signing for Denver. The Tebow fad wasn't going to last long anyhow, what a better way to move on than this.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
He is?

....point being?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

This!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I would be curious how many of the "Tebow" fans spend actual real money and make investments in the team as opposed to the real Denver fans...I dont want to paint a broad stroke as people do with if you like Tebow you hate Denver.

FYI I am a fan of Tebow and I am a fan of the Broncos I am not a fan of Elway the FO guy.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Quote:

Sorry, I missed this part.

Yes - this is exactly what i'm talking about. Denver Tebow fans - immigrants if you will.

The guys who WILL leave once Tebow is gone, because they were never Broncos fans, they've always been Tebow followers.

I love every player that ever puts on the Broncos uniform, even James Harrison if he ever came here.

Those that followed Tebow to Denver and flooded this board with their crap, soon will be gone. Loved the guy but they thought he was a perfect specimen at the QB position. Far from the truth.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Knuckle Dragger
Rookie

So let me get this straight. I've been a fan since the early 80's, but since I liked Tim I can no longer be a fan? I gotta turn in my "fan card" because I thought/think the kid had potential? I didn't realize when/if Tim left I could no longer be a fan.

The anti Tebow guys are/were just as asinine as the Tebow can do no wrong crowd. IMO of course.
Knuckle Dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
He is?

....point being?
point being...

Tebow fans aren't going anywhere unless he goes somewhere. i think there's still a high probability that Tebow is on the team next year.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #20
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

"Tebow fanatic"
tee-boh fuh-nat-ik

A person who is no longer a Broncos fan when Tebow leaves.

Other than the fanatics, I don't see a reason to hate on normal Tebow fans.

Last edited by Blart; 03-20-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
well to be fair i know a couple who both have been lifelong Broncos fans, but said yesterday they dropped ther season tickets and will no longer support the broncos in anyway, all because of tebow...

And they arent the only ones, i even have a family member acting the same way, also a lifelong fan, but not anymore.
Teboners!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #22
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:

I'd slap your stupid ass but chit splatters............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #23
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I'm a Crimson Tide fan, I hate the Gators and hated Tebow when he was there. As long as Tebow is with the Broncos, I will be a fan of his, just like I hated Manning, but will be a fan of his while he is a Bronco. If you don't like it, then I suggest you find somewhere else to hang out at, cause I ain't going anywhere b****.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #24
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
You are aware he is so terrible at playing QB that the Broncos have been trying to dump his ass since February, but that nobody wants him because he is ****ing terrible. He sucks at QB, he should switch to a different position, but he is a spoiled douche that refuses to play a position besides the one that he is totally worthless at.

He cries like a baby that the Broncos won't let him be the starter and have somehow screwed him over, but where the hell does he get off? He couldn't even beat out Kyle Orton for the starting spot last year... He never would have gotten to play if Orton wasn't so worthless. He can't throw, he can't read defenses, and he is clueless on his progressions, but damn it they promised him he would get to start this year so **** it lets tell Manning to go piss up a rope.

Screw Tebow. He allowed the fan base to rip apart the starting QB early in the year and did nothing to stop it. I hated Orton, HATED him, but I can't believe Tebow didn't stick up for him even if he didn't mean it, but god forbid Elway not stick up for Tebow. Tebow doesn't want to win a spot he wants to have one given to him cause he works out hard and is a good guy.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #25
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I'm a Crimson Tide fan, I hate the Gators and hated Tebow when he was there. As long as Tebow is with the Broncos, I will be a fan of his, just like I hated Manning, but will be a fan of his while he is a Bronco. If you don't like it, then I suggest you find somewhere else to hang out at, cause I ain't going anywhere b****.

Im with this guy
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote