The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default Darryl Johnston says Tebow should stay

(on Cowherd) I agree. I like the guy. I think the press has been fumbling the Tebow football the day he was drafted - and are continuing to do so. I'm laughing at their vehemence.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I never got why everyone assumes Tebow will be traded. Elway wanted to teach Tebow to be a good pocket passer here is his golden chance.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I never got why everyone assumes Tebow will be traded. Elway wanted to teach Tebow to be a good pocket passer here is his golden chance.
Given his personal fan-base, he could become a distraction. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around in an H-back sort of role.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Darkhawk24
Draft Junkie

Tebow isn't going to find a team looking to hand him the starting job. In the same breathe I am not sure that Denver is the right situation anymore even for Tebow to play the backup role.

At this point ... Anywhere else would probably work.
Darkhawk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think that would be best for this team. We don't have to worry about backup QB and Tebow could be something really special in 3-4 years, after learning from Elway and Manning.

With that said, I also don't care if we get rid of him. He could get us more resources to help with our current SB push.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Oh absolutely, the press has made the Tebow thing into more than the Tebow thing actually is, times a million. And Skip Bayless, as funny as I think he is sometimes, was the ringleader.

If I were Tebow, I have a hard time saying that I would stay in Denver, because I don't know what was or wasn't said to him during this whole Manning fiasco. But if I did decide to do that, I would come out to the press and say "Look guys, I'm the backup, and I'm going to learn behind one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. I don't want to hear questions about 'do you think you should be starting since Manning threw that pick today.' I'm going to sit patiently, work on my game, and step in when I'm needed, so stop the circus."

Guess we'll never know.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Smart FO would not give away a goal line threat like this and a possible long term QB of the future for a pittance. They are not going to get much anyway so keep the guy. Idiots chime in now..................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Tim Tebow reportedly hopes to 'land somewhere in Florida'

Tim Tebow and the rest of his camp kept quiet throughout his team's courtship of Peyton Manning, and when news broke Monday that Manning intended to make Denver his new home, not a word could be heard from Tebow.

Tebow's silent strategy, however, didn't take into account for Monica Culpepper -- wife of former NFL and Florida Gators player Brad Culpepper -- who might have inadvertently revealed Tebow's future intentions when she detailed a conversation with Tebow to WFLA-AM in Tampa Bay.

"Brad and I just had dinner with Tim last week and I don't think this comes as a shock or surprise to him that Manning was actually going to go there," Culpepper told the radio station Tuesday, via ProFootballTalk.com. "And in all honesty, Tim said, 'I miss home. I miss the South. And hopefully I'll land somewhere in Florida.' I sure hope Jacksonville takes him because he's such a great kid, such a good player and would be so thrilled to come back to the South."

A source told NFL Network's Albert Breer on Monday that the Broncos had begun to explore Tebow trade options, and five teams already have expressed interest in the Broncos' one-time starting quarterback, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Tuesday.

More:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...n=Twitter_news
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Was Denver even allowed to talk to Tebow during this whole Manning acquisition? I thought with the CBA, they could not talk to him, so maybe they could not tell him of "the plan"?
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Oh absolutely, the press has made the Tebow thing into more than the Tebow thing actually is, times a million. And Skip Bayless, as funny as I think he is sometimes, was the ringleader.

If I were Tebow, I have a hard time saying that I would stay in Denver, because I don't know what was or wasn't said to him during this whole Manning fiasco. But if I did decide to do that, I would come out to the press and say "Look guys, I'm the backup, and I'm going to learn behind one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. I don't want to hear questions about 'do you think you should be starting since Manning threw that pick today.' I'm going to sit patiently, work on my game, and step in when I'm needed, so stop the circus."

Guess we'll never know.
it would be dumb to get rid of Tebow right now. we don't know that Manning is going to survive all 5 years of his contract. for all we know, the first time he's sacked in 2012, his pumpkin-sized head will pop off. Tebow is under contract for 2 more years. i say keep him around as the backup and let him learn to be a better pocket passer. that means more than just running the scout team during the week though. they'll actually have to actively work with Tebow for once.

of course, this will drive the "OM idiots brigade" of Tebow haters absolutely insane. you know the ones i'm talking about. that would be a happy bonus for me.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

It's a matter of time before Manning has one bad half and the chants would begin, that is how stupid some of the fan base is right now. IMO, I don't think we can keep him for the distraction alone.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Well I hope Tim finds a great situation to play in and I hope it's here but that may not be in his best interests.

One thing is for sure he's great for the game.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Darkhawk24
Draft Junkie

Quote:
Well I hope Tim finds a great situation to play in and I hope it's here but that may not be in his best interests.

No doubt about that. It's going to be a tricky situation. His value doesn't appear to be that high on the open trade market. And there is some proof that he brings value to the team.

I am curious what the FO does in this situation.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
It's a matter of time before Manning has one bad half and the chants would begin, that is how stupid some of the fan base is right now. IMO, I don't think we can keep him for the distraction alone.
exactly the reason TT is gone. via trade or release. that "fanbase" may actually hurt him more than help him. especially in jax where they just drafted gabbert.

Last edited by peacepipe; 03-20-2012 at 09:26 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #15
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

I don't buy into "the horrible Tebow fanbase that is ruining my own fan-ity" crap.

But the press and a lot of Omaners can't get past the idea that Tebow is more popular than they understand. They can't understand it, therefore it's wrong.

I think Tebow can/will appreciate the greatness in QB that surrounds him right now. He's got a lot of great opportunity here....I believe he will take all of that into account and not jump to ANY conclusion. "I miss Florida" means he doesn't want to be in Denver?
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
I don't buy into "the horrible Tebow fanbase that is ruining my own fan-ity" crap.

But the press and a lot of Omaners can't get past the idea that Tebow is more popular than they understand. They can't understand it, therefore it's wrong.

I think Tebow can/will appreciate the greatness in QB that surrounds him right now. He's got a lot of great opportunity here....I believe he will take all of that into account and not jump to ANY conclusion. "I miss Florida" means he doesn't want to be in Denver?
Denver's like a 6, Fl is like an 8 or 9 I heard.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
Darkhawk24
Draft Junkie

He is going to be a bit shell shocked and it's only human nature to feel under appreciated in this situation.

However, I can't think of a time that Tim put his foot in his mouth. I think he will always be a class act when he opens his mouth. Be it rumors, if he is traded, or even if he stays.

He will say the right things for the situation.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

He is great for the game, no doubt about that. I wonder if the league will try and encourage some team to take him? Like Miami, for example, which seems to be falling into a sinkhole?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Don't get me wrong here, I am not TGN and letting anyone ruin my level of fandom with the team or a single gameday experience. Just saying, I personally don't think the 2 players can co-exist and sadly it has nothing to do with Tim as a player or person.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #20
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

you don't need to,just look at the billboards put up by know nothing fans & the tebow chants. also who ****ing cares how popular he is? it's not a popularity contest. I'd sooner have an a-hole at QB that can actually play QB than some nice guy who can't.
I'm sure TT could appreciate the greatness of PM/JE,but can he understand it. even your boy skip bayless says he has a low football iq. I miss fl. is just his spin on the fact that miami & jax are his only chances of maybe being a starter.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Denver's like a 6, Fl is like an 8 or 9 I heard.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I personally (in my heart) want Tebow to stay, but it already feels like pining over your old girlfriend. No matter how good it was, or how magic it felt, it will never be the same. It's a damn shame because I really love what he did for our team last year, it was special.

I think Elway slammed the book on this chapter.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
you don't need to,just look at the billboards put up by know nothing fans & the tebow chants. also who ****ing cares how popular he is? it's not a popularity contest. I'd sooner have an a-hole at QB that can actually play QB than some nice guy who can't.
I'm sure TT could appreciate the greatness of PM/JE,but can he understand it. even your boy skip bayless says he has a low football iq. I miss fl. is just his spin on the fact that miami & jax are his only chances of maybe being a starter.
Yeah, those know-nothing fans who knew the team could do better than 1-4 when it comes to 'best chance to win'

As someone else said. EFX better thank their lucky stars for those fans. Because if last season had gone by the EFX plan, Manning would've laughed the Broncos off the phone when they inquired.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #24
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, those know-nothing fans who knew the team could do better than 1-4 when it comes to 'best chance to win'

As someone else said. EFX better thank their lucky stars for those fans. Because if last season had gone by the EFX plan, Manning would've laughed the Broncos off the phone when the inquired.
lol, don't throw facts into the mix or the FACT that Manning could get hurt quickly and we would have NOTHING for QB............fuggin dumbass PP will never understand....he just hates TT.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #25
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
lol, don't throw facts into the mix or the FACT that Manning could get hurt quickly and we would have NOTHING for QB............fuggin dumbass PP will never understand....he just hates TT.
oh please, every QB in the league ,incuding TT,can get hurt quickly. besides I never said he was a bad person,just that he's a bust. I've said from the time he was still in college. My opinion of him has always been the same. there's blueprint for tebow,once teams figuered him out he didn't do to well.didn't we finish the same way we started 1-4.

Last edited by peacepipe; 03-20-2012 at 09:47 AM..