The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default How Tebow lead to Manning

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

That was funny!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Tim Tebow: "But I notice that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why you left my side when I needed you most."
Jesus: "Bro, you watch ESPN? Where you see only one set of footprints, I was showing Peyton Manning my new kick ass snowboard."

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com...er-bronco.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I would like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for the end to the PM drama
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
That was funny!
Hell I thought it was not only hilarious, but funny enough to post, and I'm one of the bigger "Tebowners" out there.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
uplink
Ring of Famer

Tebow really did lead to Manning. If not for Tebow the broncos would have lost the division and not been in the playoffs. Manning would have had a different opinion about the teams chances in the future and may have signed elsewhere. So thank Timmy for Manning IMO.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hell I thought it was not only hilarious, but funny enough to post, and I'm one of the bigger "Tebowners" out there.
At least you've got a sense of humor and can laugh along as well... Makes a big difference in this world ..

Most all of us really like Tim and wish him well. Id love it if they could somehow keep him and let him develop a couple years into a well rounder QB, but doenst seem so likely unless no one wants him.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer

That was funny very funny
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
That was funny very funny
Hey! Write back to my PM!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I hope to god they don't trade Tebow.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Been meaning to ask, how ya feeling about this bro? I'm slightly torn.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Been meaning to ask, how ya feeling about this bro? I'm slightly torn.
I love Tim and think he earned better and got done wrong.

...butttttttttttttttt it's Peyton ****ing Manning, and I think he's the GOAT.

When push comes to shove, I'd probably rather have Tebow and 20 million dollars worth of TEAM talent at roster holes, but I'm far from upset over this. I didn't even think Denver was really in the running!

One thing is for sure to me... Peyton better be healthy and at his ****ing peak for several years.

Boom or bust, imo.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:

When push comes to shove, I'd probably rather have Tebow and 20 million dollars worth of TEAM talent at roster holes, but I'm far from upset over this. I didn't even think Denver was really in the running!

One thing is for sure to me... Peyton better be healthy and at his ****ing peak for several years.

Boom or bust, imo.

Yeah cuzz. I really wanted to see Tebow improve and lead denver over the next 10 years, but, lettuce be reality Peyton is GOAT B to his holiness #7 the GOAT A.

I'm legitimately worried about how true reports are of his health, but if he can play all year cot dayum things are looking good.

I still can't quite believe it.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Boom or bust, imo.
Pretty much that's the case.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
BlueCrusher
Bowlen's drinking buddy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

I love getting Manning, but I am going to reserve some judgement for how they deal with TT's departure.
BlueCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hey! Write back to my PM!
I did today.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Now that was funny
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #18
Ronnie Tsunami

The tebow connected to the neck bone
The neck bone connected to the back bone
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I did today.
Serious?

Can you re-send because it didn't make it through
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I know, that was first thing I thought. TheRev posted this! Got to have a sense of humor. Short term this is awesome. I am not going to say I wasn't for Manning, because I was. But I would be lying if I didn't wonder what could have been with Tebow.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I know, that was first thing I thought. TheRev posted this! Got to have a sense of humor. Short term this is awesome. I am not going to say I wasn't for Manning, because I was. But I would be lying if I didn't wonder what could have been with Tebow.
We'll all see.

I wish him nothing but the best considering his character and class and everything he had to deal with in Orange and Blue and how despite all that, he did nothing but handle it like a professional and work his ass off.

So I still hope he becomes the great player he's capable of becoming, regardless of the laundry he wears next.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #22
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Boom or bust, imo.
If it had been any other QB outside of maybe Brady, and Im not sure how well he would translate outside of NE's system, I wouldnt have been for the deal, but when a guy that is a committed and knowledgable as Payton ... .and his major asset is his smarts and ability to pick apart defenses not so much his physical prowess and strong arm ... then it was an utter NO BRAINER to go for him.

I really think for at least this year when we have Tim for 1.5 mil, they should find a way to keep him and get everyone on the same page and let him observe the Maestro at work up close and person and in the film room.

Tim can help out in Goal line packages and give Manning a break when we are up 4 TDs on the Chiefs and Raiders going into the 4th quarter and let Tebow get some live rounds while crushing those defenses who will be totally gassed from Manning doing the no huddle for three quarters at a mile high ... All our guys will be acclimated .. none of theirs will be HeHeHeHe!

Plus if God forbid Manning goes down all out guys know the drill and can revert to Tebow time ball with a twist if need be.

I would prefer that but I hope they aren't all so worried about the fan base calling for Tebow if we struggle some this first year with a brutal schedule.

2013 I predict is SB time all the way.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Boom or bust, imo.
If it had been any other QB outside of maybe Brady that came available like this, and Im not sure how well Brady would translate outside of NE's system??, I wouldnt have been for the deal and would have been content enough to give TIm the reins and see if he could improve.

But when a guy that is as committed and knowledgable as Payton comes to your door ... .and with his major asset being his smarts and ability to pick apart defenses and is not so much based on his physical prowess and strong arm ... then it was an utter NO BRAINER to go for him. A QB whole relied on the big arm and scrabbling ability to be great I would have been far more concerned with at 36.

Manning had a year off from the wear and tear and no doubt is raring to go after suffering through watching the Colts debacle from the side lines and locker room last year. His style of play is perfectly suited for a long career and no doubt Clady will be at his peak this year playing a true left tackle roll again which he excels at best, unlike trying to compensate for a lefty who is running around like a chicken with his head cut off back there.

I just home Tim and his agent/family see the light and realize he has a good thing going here and have all the Tebow clan reassure the FO that he will be a true team player and learn all he can behind Manning for now. Where else is he going to start realistically No where this year.

I really think for at least this year when we have Tim for only 1.5 mil, they should find a way to keep him and get everyone on the same page and let him observe the Maestro at work up close and person and in the film room.

Tim can help out in Goal line packages and give Manning a break when we are up 4 TDs on the Chiefs and Raiders going into the 4th quarter and let Tebow get some live rounds while crushing those defenses who will be totally gassed from Manning doing the no huddle for three quarters at a mile high ... All our guys will be acclimated .. none of theirs will be HeHeHeHe!

Plus if God forbid Manning goes down all out guys know the drill and can revert to Tebow time ball with a twist if need be.

I would prefer that but I hope they aren't all so worried about the fan base calling for Tebow if we struggle some this first year with a brutal schedule.

2013 I predict is SB time all the way.