The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Klis updates: No team has the lead?

newest article:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-broncos-49ers

Quote:
Don't count them out yet. One NFL source close to the situation said that as of Saturday night, Manning had not separated the three teams Broncos, San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans vying to sign him.
There was no leader. There was no trailer. The Broncos, 49ers and Titans all had as much chance as the others.
While that may not necessarily be encouraging news for the Broncos, it beats speculation that they had fallen behind. Two other NFL sources said Manning said this weekend he was leaning toward the Tennessee Titans.
If the Broncos don't land Manning? Tim Tebow would be their starting quarterback.
The team will move on, though, to the next quarterback on their free-agent and draft boards. Among the free-agent quarterbacks available who the Broncos have interest in are Tampa Bay's Josh Johnson and Pittsburgh's Dennis Dixon.
Rest is in the article.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Klis was probably told by the team to shut his mouth and know his role after the earlier article saying we didn't lead, anymore.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-18-2012 at 07:03 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Lol Klis spends you right round, like a record.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

this is a bronco message board, he is posting potential updates especially relating to what happens if we dont get manning (aka tebow isnt going anywhere, supposedly). funny that people on this forum berate others for posting bronco related updates, even if they dont agree with what was posted.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

like a record. You won't know until its done. I'd say Wednesday.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
like a record. You won't know until its done. I'd say Wednesday.
i agree completely, im not expecting the broncos to win this race. and i think denver pretty much failed FA so far, you cant just PAUSE everything til one guy makes a decision especially on the defensive side...
Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This is all a bunch of Tom Condon bull****.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Up and down up and down where it stops and when it ends only Peyton knows.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I still think we win this thing with Manning. just a solid gut feel the last couple days that he prefers the overall situation and vibe here than the other two spots. I think he has from the start.

SF is mostly an afterthought to pressure Smith.. looks like it might be backfiring on them. Still, even if they do want him, I really cant see Manning and Harbaugh singing Kumbaya together as noted yesterday.

Payton looks lousy .. as do most players ... in Titans unis :-) looks great in our especially the new home ORANGE jerseys // He has said so many complementary things about our stadium, our organization and our fans in the past .. granted usually after moping up the field with us., that I think he really does like it in Bronco land.

He was just finishing college when we were Kings of the World and had to be impressed with the organization and Elway. Now he gets to work with both!

DT and Decker and Dallas Clark will shine with him here, maybe even Mike Wallace with a sweet deal, and with NO Prima Donna hissy fits as in S.F. with Moss and Crabtree....

Kenny Brit had a really bad blow out of that knee this past season. Cant see him really 100% for a long time if ever.

Our D is on the rise and our O will look miles better with him driving the bus. Can you imagine our pass rush with the leads they will mostly play with??

He can very well imagine the advantage of his hurry up offense drilled to perfection at a mile high and causing opposing teams to suck deep wind by end of the second quarter! That is 8 home wins a year.... Bank on it!

The relationship with Elway and Fox who is far more resonant than either of the other coaching scenarios with his past style and preference.

Plus I imagine Bowlen and Elway are putting on the full court press behind the scenes now as we all speculate with our thumbs up our arses that nothing is happening.

Just have that feeling we get a break here. Fat lady definitely hasn't sung yet!

Also, Manning went against the grain of EVERYONE'S expectations when he picked Tennessee in college.. look for him to do it again tomorrow or the next few days when he joins Elway and Fox on the podium at Dove Valley!

Last edited by Hulamau; 03-18-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
Navy Broncos Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
I still think we win this thing with Manning. just a solid gut feel the last couple days that he prefers the overall situation and vibe here than the other two spots. I think he has from the start.

SF is mostly an afterthought to pressure Smith.. looks like it might be backfiring on them. Still, even if they do want him, I really cant see Manning and Harbaugh singing Kumbaya together as noted yesterday.

Payton looks lousy .. as do most players ... in Titans unis :-) looks great in our especially the new home ORANGE jerseys // He has said so many complementary things about our stadium, our organization and our fans in the past .. granted usually after moping up the field with us., that I think he really does like it in Bronco land.

He was just finishing college when we were Kings of the World and had to be impressed with the organization and Elway. Now he gets to work with both!

DT and Decker and Dallas Clark will shine with him here, maybe even Mike Wallace with a sweet deal, and with NO Prima Donna hissy fits as in S.F. with Moss and Crabtree....

Kenny Brit had a really bad blow out of that knee this past season. Cant see him really 100% for a long time if ever.

Our D is on the rise and our O will look miles better with him driving the bus. Can you imagine our pass rush with the leads they will mostly play with??

He can very well imagine the advantage of his hurry up offense drilled to perfection at a mile high and causing opposing teams to suck deep wind by end of the second quarter! That is 8 home wins a year.... Bank on it!

The relationship with Elway and Fox who is far more resonant than either of the other coaching scenarios with his past style and preference.

Plus I imagine Bowlen and Elway are putting on the full court press behind the scenes now as we all speculate with our thumbs up our arses that nothing is happening.

Just have that feeling we get a break here. Fat lady definitely hasn't sung yet!

Also, Manning went against the grain of EVERYONE'S expectations when he picked Tennessee in college.. look for him to do it again tomorrow or the next few days when he joins Elway and Fox on the podium at Dove Valley!
How is it that everyone thinks SF is an afterthought and not a likely choice. They have a much better team than us without having to add any pieces, they play in what would probably be considered a much weaker division than us. Hell they even watched Manning throw before we did.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Wow Hulamau that even made me feel better. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
How is it that everyone thinks SF is an afterthought and not a likely choice. They have a much better team than us without having to add any pieces, they play in what would probably be considered a much weaker division than us. Hell they even watched Manning throw before we did.
Mostly because people don't believe Harbaugh will just turn the offense and play calling over to Manning. They think maybe Harbaugh a bit to intense, a little to pressuring to make Manning feel like its a good spot for him to try and squeeze his system into another Superbowl.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Everyone needs to take the following into account when it comes to Peyton Manning.

1) Is he playing the game only for the money?

2) Is he playing the game because he wants to win another Superbowl?

Tennessee, SF and Denver can all clear enough cap space to pay Manning 20+ million a year. On the other hand, SF is closest to making it to the big dance.... Light years ahead of Denver and Tennessee.

San Francisco is warmer in the winter, But alot of people here seem to hate on SF, remember Peyton and his family own a home and live in Miami 7+ months out of the year so his address during the football season is not a big deal.

Is he keeping 3 teams involved to hike up his precieved value or does he really like all 3 teams? He already kicked Arizona and Miami to the curb. Alot more questions than answers.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic

Alex smith may make Mannings decision easier. Hes awfully close to landing in Miami.

Im pretty sure manning won't like the highway 101 toilet though. That stadium is a mess. And he won't be playing when they finish the stadium in Santa Clara.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Mostly because people don't believe Harbaugh will just turn the offense and play calling over to Manning. They think maybe Harbaugh a bit to intense, a little to pressuring to make Manning feel like its a good spot for him to try and squeeze his system into another Superbowl.
Andrew luck called his own plays at Stanford.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer

I'm beginning to think the Klis is just a myth.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

In 3 years, Denver and Tennessee might not be as close as SF is to a winning a NFL title right now... But if you think having a great stadium is more inportant than winning a title by all means, keep typing.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

9:55 pm Vic Lombardi suddenly feels a surge of confidence; he writes: The Titans were forced into the Manning Derby by their owner. They had other plans for free agency. I still like the Broncos chances.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ency-3-18-2012

https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/s...58892457766912
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Lol. SF WENT ONE MORE GAME THAN WE DID THIS YEAR. They're barely closer than us in a slim margin parity league.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
In 3 years, Denver and Tennessee might not be as close as SF is to a winning a NFL title right now... But if you think having a great stadium is more inportant than winning a title by all means, keep typing.
Well in the end trophies are all that matters. But manning loves his domes and clean turf.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #21
Drunken.Broncoholic

Niners giants have a pretty big rivalry. Eli vs Peyton?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #22
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

First step to SB - win division. And Denver is in one crappy division. I'd like to think that will have some part in the decision making.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Our division isn't the toughest, but we're relatively the same as anyone else.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Alex smith may make Mannings decision easier. Hes awfully close to landing in Miami.
I don't know that Smith leaving would impact Manning's decision one way or the other, but it does make one wonder what the hell the Niners are going to do if he leaves and they don't land Manning.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
9:55 pm Vic Lombardi suddenly feels a surge of confidence; he writes: The Titans were forced into the Manning Derby by their owner. They had other plans for free agency. I still like the Broncos chances.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ency-3-18-2012

https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/s...58892457766912
Scotch has been opened at Dove Valley. Time to start messing with media!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote