The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: The union is about to split. Choose your side.
I roll with EFX, if Tebow doesn't want to be here **** him! Oh and Tebow sucks! 49 50.52%
I roll with Tebow, if he would have just got some support he would have been the second coming! 28 28.87%
SOB! I can't take this QB drama anymore, just bring Griese back already! 35 36.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Default The civil war is upon us - Enlist here

Last edited by IHaveALight; 03-17-2012 at 10:01 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm with the Denver Broncos
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

I believe that's option number 1.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
Rolandftw

I don't blindly support every decision the Broncos do. But if they felt they had a legitimate chance to get a first ballot HOF at QB AND that he had 3-5 years left in the tank, I dunno how anyone could blame them.

Tebow demanding a trade, if true, looks bad for him to be honest. So, if he wants out and Denver thinks it's best to accommodate him OR best to hold onto him, I'm okay either way.

I'd have liked to see Tebow get another full season as the starter. But I'm not sold on him being a good QB in this league.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Someone said it best when the Manning saga began.....you can tell the Bronco fans from the Tebow fans.

If you don't wanna be here, then gtfo of here...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I like Tim Tebow the person. I would have liked to see the Tim Tebow project given another year. But that being said, when your coach doesn't have confidence in you and your GM, who is probably one of the 5 greatest quarterbacks of all time doesn't have confidence in you, maybe it's time for both parties to move on.

I root for the Denver Bronco football team, and as such I hope that EFX's strategy here works out. That being said, if Peyton just isn't that into us anymore, and Tebow says 'ppreciate that now trade me, what's plan B gonna be? We literally will have Adam Weber on the team and that's it.

Last edited by razorwire77; 03-17-2012 at 11:22 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #7
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Someone said it best when the Manning saga began.....you can tell the Bronco fans from the Tebow fans.

Despite all the Tebow bandwagon fans there are many life long die hard Broncos fans that Tebow won over.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I like Tim Tebow the person. I would have liked to see the Tim Tebow project given another year. But that being said, when your coach doesn't have confidence in you and your GM, who is probably one of the 5 greatest quarterbacks of all time doesn't have confidence in you, maybe it's time for both parties to move on.

I root for the Denver Bronco football team, and as such I hope that EFX's strategy here works out. That being said, if Peyton just isn't that into us anymore, and Tebow says 'ppreciate that now trade me, what's plan B gonna be. We literally will have Adam Weber on the team and that's it.
Yep and free agent targets fleeing like rats with the site of Beezer.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I'm a Bronco fan. Strange that we need declarative threads for that. As I have said, and will continue to say until Manning signs somewhere, I am ok with peanut head in a Broncos uni, as long as Tebow was retained. If both Manning and Tebow go...I'm not thrilled with it. And yet another offseason of the comedy that is our FO has me pissed. Elway the QB I'll support and argue for forever. Elway the GM is not giving me a whole lot to be happy about.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i am a Broncos fan first and foremost. i was before Tebow arrived and will be after he is gone, be it tomorrow or in 15 years. i don't particularly like the way the organization has handled the situation, considering the oddds were not certain that they'd even get Manning they should not have completely stonewalled Tebow, but regardless of my feelings on how this was handled i side with the team over the player.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yep.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #12
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

I am a Bronco fan...have been for over 45 years. I also want my team to
be a classy, and well run organisation.

This isn't all about Tebow, or Elway or Manning.

Getting Manning would be a coup for the team. A good move (depending on price).

There also were commitments made to a certain young QB ( in the press ) about his postion and role entering training camp this year. It would have been simple courtesy to talk to him BEFORE going after another QB, even one with Mannings credentials. Not to say he had any real say in the decision , but just to let him know it was not personal or a knock on his ability , just an unusual situation that was an opportunity.

If they didn't do that, it shows a decided lack of class and undermines all the trust that Elway was ( supposedly ) trying to build with that QB during last seasons media screwup and blitz on every Elway comment and word.

Since Tebow has been silent in the press about this from the start, it is unlikely that they gave him that courtesy. I don't think he would feel badly about playing behind Manning, if he had been told beforehand, and may have been supportive of the effort. Instead he has said bupkus.

This almost exactly parallels the Cutler / Cassell / McDaniels communication breakdown, super screw up, that ended up costing us Cutlers services. Except Cutler started whining in the press almost immediately

This is supposed to be a mature staff that shouldn't be making this kind of mistake!

Face it, this is not EFX being consistent or honorable. I expected better out of the FO , and they have let me ( a fan) down.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
BroncoBeavis

25 year fan who knew next to nothing about TT until he became a Bronco.

Now he's my guy. He's been purposely put in the ****tiest possible situations. And smiled and sweat his way through it. The guy is a force of sheer determination.

And EFX are wiping their asses with him. So long as the EFX way represents the Broncos, I ride with Timmy.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I am with Greek that mother ****er can fight!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #15
Navy Broncos Fan

I have been a Denver Broncos fan my entire life. I will support the team no matter who is at qb, but in my opinion the front office made a major mistake in chasing Manning. If we get him and win the Superbowl, I will feel I was wrong. Anything short of that is a let down.

We are not Peyton Manning away from winning the Superbowl, even with Manning we will still be in a dogfight to win the West.

We had an energetic young qb, who changed the atmosphere surrounding the Broncos. He put butts in the seats at stadiums, he sold merchandise, he put the Broncos on TV, he put hope in our hearts again. He led this team to the playoffs and put some Ws on the board.

Notice I didn't say he is better than Manning, because it would be foolish to say he is at this point. With the money it will take to sign Peyton we could shore up holes in the defense and offense as well as adding more youth and energy to this team.

We may not have had the hottest girl at the dance, but we brought her. Saw a pretty one standing in the corner alone and chased after her with a pack of other horny dogs. If she doesn't go home with us you think the girl we brought is going to be happy?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The Orange Mane since free agency started:

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #17
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

I support the Broncos, and I hope EFX are successful. I'm a Tebow fan if he's a Bronco. I must admit that last season was the most fun since the SB years. I don't think he sucks just because he doesn't want to be in Denver.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Attachment 30454

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #19
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

I'm with the Seattle Super Sonics
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I have been a Bronco fan for over 25 years, and I will be one long after Tebow quits playing, but I would be on Tim's side of this scuffle. He hasn't received the support that he has earned from our front office and coaching staff. It seems like EFX screws up everything that is Tebow related. I have become a huge Tebow fan and love seeing him in a Bronco's uniform, but part of me thinks it would be better for him to be traded to a team that will at least give him a fair shake.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #21
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Another fan police thread?

Blue and orange are my colors. The Broncos are my team. I won't hesitate to call guys out for screwing up though and Bowlen seems to be cheap, broke, and EFX spinning their wheels on improving which is what we are currently watching go on with our franchise. We have holes at HB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB along w/ 40 million dollars in cap space. How have we not made but one old addition to the team?

I do appreciate a lot of what Tebow brings to the table and like others have said, last year was the best time i've had in a few years as a broncos fan. HOWEVER, Elway has earned my trust as a player and competitor so if he thinks Tebow isn't the guy, be bold, let's cut bait now and just move on. We've yet to see the Duke stand up and take that initiative though despite all of his actions supporting this mentality. I for one don't blame anybody for looking at Manning. I have the utmost respect for the guy as a competitor and player. If we miss on him however, we will have sent this team completely in the opposite direction morally with the first week of free agency and we've let a lot of talent escape that could have boosted this roster.

Last edited by bpc; 03-18-2012 at 07:58 AM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Me too, though I'm pretty luke-warm on Xanders.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I'm going with the "Hotrod is a douche" option.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #24
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm going with I like the Broncos even more if they ship Tebow away.

It sucks because I'd be really intrigued to see if he can ever turn it around but the Tebow worship is just too much for me. It's a circus. I want him gone.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #25
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I just saw this on PFT:

The problem is that most free agent quarterbacks aren’t going to want to step into a situation where they’re viewed by the Tebowmaniacs in Denver as the guy who was brought in to push Tebow out. PFT’s Mike Florio has heard that the Broncos looked into the possibility of signing Matt Flynn, but Flynn wanted nothing to do with the no-win situation that is replacing Tebow in Denver, or competing with him in training camp.

Even other players see the circus and want no part of it.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote