The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #126
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

If this is true Tebow is showing his true colors, and I lost a whole lot of respect for him.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #127
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

Max risk....max penalty.....we in denver never see the reward
TD30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #128
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
So let me get this straight. Tebow is going to request a trade from a team he has a good chance of starting for to any of 31 other teams where he has no chance to start.

Feelings may be hurt now, but when emotions calm down he's going to realize this is the best situation for him. He may not be a Bronco next year, but it won't be because he asks out. Unless he gets and takes some really bad advice.
Tebow would likely find a starting job out there somewhere, but I'm on board with the fact that 3rd, 4th, 5th or whatever hand information about what Tebow wants to do at this point is probably both premature and questionable at the same time.

If this week has taught us anything, it's that you should take any information leaking from the Dove Valley side of things with a grain of salt. They clearly have no clue which way is up.

And secondly, as most of the OM sits here furious over this cluster****, it's got to be maddening for a guy like Tebow. It's natural in the midst of a team deciding whether they want you anymore to think that maybe you don't want them either. Maybe he or someone in his camp voiced this to someone in the Broncos organization.

But the fact that it would be just another in a long list of things the Broncos can't keep in house leads me to question this front office even further.

I'd rather they keep their pie holes shut when it comes to the press and talk through this with the kid and let him process it and have some back and forth before they go blabbing their bull**** side of the story in order to poison the well.

Unless they're the dumbest front office in the history of the league, they've got to realize that losing both Manning and Tebow at this point would be cataclysmic. Having a team going into 2012 openly playing for 2013 would be the final straw in my book.

I'd probably have to start checking into a refund.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #129
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Tebow is going to be a back-up wherever he goes. No team is in a hurry to start Tim Tebow. However, whatever team is stupid enough (I said it) to trade for him will find themselves the target of a Tebow Nation who will demand loudly that they are idiots for not promising him the Sun, Moon, and Stars the minute he walked into the building. I like Tebow, but his nation of fans is why I will not miss him when he's gone. They are irrational, unpleasant, and a negative weight on whatever franchise is carrying them.
If you put elways name in the places tebow is it sounds the same. People blindly follow along and support all the dumb ass **** he does
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #130
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yep thread is trending exactly as expected 5 pages. Great pace
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #131
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

He probably pissed them off by showing up in all those pictures with chicks rather than having his ass on the practice field.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #132
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
If this is true Tebow is showing his true colors, and I lost a whole lot of respect for him.
True colors?

He's been ****ing lied too...repeatedly and he's been completely disrespected over and over. They shouldn't have lied to him in the beginning. BTW, he hasnt blasted the team publicly so I'm ont sure what you are upset about. He's obviously not wanted, thats clear. Why would someone want to be where they are obviously not wanted?

Would you?

You're doing exactly what the team wants. They want you to forget about all the moral blame on their hands and just line up behind them. Don't be weak minded. Bowlen is sitting back and laughing at responses like yours he's saying "exxxcellent" in a Mr. Burns style voice, you are jsut the pawn that they LOVE. You'll put in money and stand in line no matter what. You are a useful pawn for the team. Open your eyes.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #133
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

There's an awful lot of whinny b****es on this board!!!!

First playoff win in forever. Epitome of "Tough Crowd".

Soon Manning will tell Denver, no thanks. Like he was ever really thinking about Denver. Don't bother to roll out sad, tired excuses.

No FA's signed to speak of. Denver's FO is pathetic!

And now, without any real evidence, you all b**** about Tebow's reaction.

Nice work, girls!
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #134
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
So you find out hat a top 5 qb of all time becomes available, you pursue him and he says no, im going to play at home for the last few years of my career. You deserve to be crucified? I guess we should have sat on our hands and not even asked at all.
Nah, they should've done whatever it took to get their man. If they were 100% behind it that's what should've happened. It seems that the Titans went that extra 100 yards and I've no doubt now that they'll get him.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #135
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I just wonder why sources aren't outing Alex Smith and Jake Locker? They can't be happy either, right?

Anyway, EFX doesn't have to grant a trade if they don't want to. He isn't a Cutler, by a long shot. They can calm him down...again...if they want to.

This ^^.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #136
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Exactly how many times would take being ****ted on before you left?
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #137
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Thankfully EFX has other solid to big named free agents to point to so far this offseason, right?

...wait, what?

Check what he Ravens, Steelers, and Packers have done so far in fa. You build a championship team through he draft. I swear people here would rather have Dan Snyder as a owner, spend a crap load of money every year and pick in he top 10. We went from th #2 overall pick to #25 in one year.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #138
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Exactly what EFX want would be a swing in favour away from Tebow.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #139
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

EFX better fix this or else I'm going to enjoy seeing them suffer through a summer of ****. Fix your ****up or else be subjected to a constant drumbeat of **** the whole ****ing summer.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #140
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'd probably have to start checking into a refund.
Are you a season ticket holder?
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #141
garandman
Seasoned Veteran

Your in my sights!

Quote:
So you find out hat a top 5 qb of all time becomes available, you pursue him and he says no, im going to play at home for the last few years of my career. You deserve to be crucified? I guess we should have sat on our hands and not even asked at all.
Management 101, diplomatic relations with your employees is a mark of a good leader... NO EFFORT was made to cushion the blow to Tebow in regards to the pursuit of Manning, that's the point here, show a little respect for the man you claimed was the starter going into next year by at least telling him up front what the plan was... If he wants a trade because of it, so be it.. but letting him twist in the wind waiting for Mannings decision is ridiculous.

Regardless, the broncos have a PR nightmare if this is true, and we will suck for the forseeable future.
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #142
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
There's an awful lot of whinny b****es on this board!!!!

First playoff win in forever. Epitome of "Tough Crowd".

Soon Manning will tell Denver, no thanks. Like he was ever really thinking about Denver. Don't bother to roll out sad, tired excuses.

No FA's signed to speak of. Denver's FO is pathetic!

And now, without any real evidence, you all b**** about Tebow's reaction.

Nice work, girls!
, I'm pretty sure 95% of posters on here are women on the rag
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #143
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Exactly how many times would take being ****ted on before you left?
About as many incompletes I saw from him?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #144
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Check what he Ravens, Steelers, and Packers have done so far in fa. You build a championship team through he draft. I swear people here would rather have Dan Snyder as a owner, spend a crap load of money every year and pick in he top 10. We went from th #2 overall pick to #25 in one year.

Who was under center?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #145
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly Soiled View Post
This x10. Football is a business I get that but turning over this franchise to the guy that made us a laughingstock in the playoffs for years is one thing(anything for a championship right). But to not be able to get the deal done for Manning AND destroying the relationship with the one QB that has made this team relevant since those ass kickings given by Manning is BAD Business .

And hoping some second rounder might be the next Andy Dalton ain't gonna get it done.
Absolutely. This deal was always too risky from my perspective for a lot of reasons; foremost Peyton's health, and secondly you're just crapping on the, and risking the relationship with the guy who finally turned the franchise around.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #146
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I would have done the same thing if I was in Tebows position. This organization is a JOKE. We signed ONE guy and I can't even think of his pathetic name, we wen't ALL IN for Manning after Tebow completely helped turn this team around last season. They haven't stood behind him once. They have been so focused on Manning that we are going to lose out on all other FA's. I'm not a big Tebow fanboy but he deserves a shot to be starter this next season.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #147
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

Hes being advised from the same people that are trying to negotiate manning. This is getting fing rediculous f agents
TD30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #148
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Management 101, diplomatic relations with your employees is a mark of a good leader... NO EFFORT was made to cushion the blow to Tebow in regards to the pursuit of Manning, that's the point here, show a little respect for the man you claimed was the starter going into next year by at least telling him up front what the plan was... If he wants a trade because of it, so be it.. but letting him twist in the wind waiting for Mannings decision is ridiculous.

Regardless, the broncos have a PR nightmare if this is true, and we will suck for the forseeable future.
You know this for a fact?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #149
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Tebow would likely find a starting job out there somewhere
Where? Name one single team.

Cleveland? They could take Tannehill. And even if they don't, you think Mike Holmgren is going to want to bring Tebow in to run his west coast offense in a make or break year for him?

Miami is signing Flynn.

Seattle would rather roll with Tavaris Jackson again.

Name one team where Tebow will have a better shot at starting than Denver.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #150
Drunken.Broncoholic

Has tebow even said anything? As we've all seen "sources" don't know anything.