The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #801
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Let's put Tebow aside for a minute. With Tebow aside, the Broncos were a bad team: 1-4 this year, 5-15 dating back to 2010. It was only through the magic of Tebow that the Broncos made the playoffs this year. He lifted the Broncos from a 25th league ranking in rushing through five games, to a No. 1 ranking by season's end.

It's OK to bash his passing, as long as it's remembered the Broncos averaged 190 yards rushing in his 11 starts.

Without Tebow, in other words, the Broncos are an extremely flawed team. Without Tebow, they would not have been a playoff team this year.




http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19770861
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #802
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Bold faced lying? The hyperbole around this situation is great. I hope that all this wonderful hyperbole doesn't leave with Tebow.
It did not come with him so I doubt it leaves with him. Griese/Plummer/Cutler/Orton/Tebow the hyperbole freight train.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #803
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Because he is the big picture guy and fixated on the QB situation. And the big picture and QB situation currently look like a giant canvas of ****.
I wouldn't go that far in in describing the current Broncos starting QB....Tim Tebow.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #804
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
How could that be possible? Surely Tebow played in that game, right?
Paging Aaron Rodgers.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #805
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The previous poster stated that McGahee was injured, and that was the issue. In the KC game, that's not true. I didn't see any difference in game plan from previous games.
In a way, that's a problem...unless your a dominant team...right?

How many times did Tebow run the ball in that game? Why did Denver elect not to kick a field goal at the end of the first half? Their kicker easily makes kicks and as others have pointed out, the defense held KC to 7 points.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #806
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
Why to both sides of this say the exact opposite thing??

Tebow haters: Denver wins because of Von Miller and Willis McGahee.

Tebow lovers: Denver wins because of Tim Tebow.

How do you all not understand that it's a TEAM game. They win or lose with how each plays on a particular day. They won because of x-player(s) argument is dumb. Try a better argument.
I doubt you will do so, (and I wouldn't blame you) but if you really want to see how we arrived at this junction, you would have to wade thru many debates over how one side stated Tebow was the SOLITARY reason, while the rest of us argued it was a combination of good defense, good ST play, timely big plays, and a little divine intervention/luc, including Tebow's contributions as ONE OF MANY reasons.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #807
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Tebow is such a p***Y , Back when Dan Reeves brought Tommy Maddox here , and paraded him around as Elway replacement , you didnt See Elway demand a trade , Elway just kicked Maddox and Reeves ass out of town on the clown train .........fuggin poosy
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #808
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
A hall of fame player & coach that failed to make the proper adjustments is whose fault??
They shut Denver down for all but three plays. Polomalu bit on run fake in OT. It was far from offensive genius. Only a tebowite and a complete homer thinks we can win playing this way. Pitt has smaller CB's that aren't that great at press man to man. Look at last 5 games of the year and you will see the awesome Denver Bronco offense who specialty is 3 and out's and 14 ppg average while going 1-4. Oh yeah the 3 and outs led to giving up 162 pts while Tim Tebow's awesome passing ability scored 73.

The fact who you have as your adopt a bronco speaks volumes of what you know about football.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 03-18-2012 at 04:52 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #809
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Tebow is such a p***Y , Back when Dan Reeves brought Tommy Maddox here , and paraded him around as Elway replacement , you didnt See Elway demand a trade , Elway just kicked Maddox and Reeves ass out of town on the clown train .........fuggin poosy
Dude Elway b****ed and moaned and wanted to be traded all the time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #810
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

1-4 to start the year wasn't out of the ordinary. This was a lockout year. Other teams had coaches playbooks schemes all into place. The teams that had entire coaching rebuilds were affected more by the lockout.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #811
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
They shut Denver down for all but three plays. Polomalu bit on run fake in OT. It was far from offensive genius. Only a tebowite and a complete homer thinks we can win playing this way. Pitt has smaller CB's that aren't that great at press man to man. Look at last 5 games of the year and you will see the awesome Denver Bronco offense who specialty is 3 and out's and 14 ppg average while going 1-4. Oh yeah the 3 and outs led to giving up 162 pts while Tim Tebow's awesome passing ability scored 73.

The owner of the Steelers begs to differ....


"We got three huge breaks: the lateral pass to Mike Wallace they whistled dead, the (Willis) McGahee fumble, and Champ Bailey's dropped interception. And we still had to pull a rabbit out of the hat to tie."



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #812
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dude Elway b****ed and moaned and wanted to be traded all the time.
It was reeves who whined and cried to trade Elway. Didn't work out in his favor.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #813
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dude Elway b****ed and moaned and wanted to be traded all the time.
your retarded
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #814
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I doubt you will do so, (and I wouldn't blame you) but if you really want to see how we arrived at this junction, you would have to wade thru many debates over how one side stated Tebow was the SOLITARY reason, while the rest of us argued it was a combination of good defense, good ST play, timely big plays, and a little divine intervention/luc, including Tebow's contributions as ONE OF MANY reasons.
Then we agree...TEAM game.

Now, if your frustrated with people claiming Tebow won anything by himself, I can understand. What I don't understand is the reverse idea that Miller or McGahee or Elway won anything by themselves. It's a silly argument.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #815
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dude Elway b****ed and moaned and wanted to be traded all the time.
Beavis your such a Butthead
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #816
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
I wouldn't go that far in in describing the current Broncos starting QB....Tim Tebow.
If only that was our current QB situation. I'll be shocked if Tebow ever plays for the Broncos again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #817
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It was reeves who whined and cried to trade Elway. Didn't work out in his favor.
Reeves never wanted Elway from day one .....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #818
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
The owner of the Steelers begs to differ....


"We got three huge breaks: the lateral pass to Mike Wallace they whistled dead, the (Willis) McGahee fumble, and Champ Bailey's dropped interception. And we still had to pull a rabbit out of the hat to tie."



Blah blah you can paint over rust but that doesn't make it go away. Tebow is a gimmick player and you have to be able to throw to win in NFL. Who was last superbowl winning QB that wasn't a stud to win a superbowl that wasn't on a team that had a top 10 alltime defense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #819
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Because he is the big picture guy and fixated on the QB situation. And the big picture and QB situation currently look like a giant canvas of ****.
Fair enough, now doesn't Tebow have some culpability in muddying up the picture by being a less than stellar passer?

I mean when Trent Dilfer helped Ravens to SB win, he was immediately replaced by team because they felt he was limiting the ability of the offense because of his less than stellar passing skills.

Ditto for Jake in Denver....he helped broncos win like 75% of his starts, but many people felt despite his winning games his less than stellar passing skills (in particularly throwing from the pocket) limited Mike's high octane offense.

Tebow helped us win games, division, and a playoff game.....that still doesn't mean our coaching staff/FO doesn't believe his passing skills (or lack there of) limit the team's offensive abilities
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #820
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Blah blah you can paint over rust but that doesn't make it go away. Tebow is a gimmick player and you have to be able to throw to win in NFL. Who was last superbowl winning QB that wasn't a stud to win a superbowl that wasn't on a team that had a top 10 alltime defense.

it's almost as if Tebow haters prefer failure over success... if that success comes because of a player they dislike.

just a reminder for everyone, our QBs since Elway...

Griese playoff wins with Denver = 0
Plummer playoff wins with Denver = 1
Cutler playoff wins with Denver = 0
Orton playoff wins with Denver = 0
Tebow playoff wins with Denver = 1



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #821
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Fair enough, now doesn't Tebow have some culpability in muddying up the picture by being a less than stellar passer?

I mean when Trent Dilfer helped Ravens to SB win, he was immediately replaced by team because they felt he was limiting the ability of the offense because of his less than stellar passing skills.

Ditto for Jake in Denver....he helped broncos win like 75% of his starts, but many people felt despite his winning games his less than stellar passing skills (in particularly throwing from the pocket) limited Mike's high octane offense.

Tebow helped us win games, division, and a playoff game.....that still doesn't mean our coaching staff/FO doesn't believe his passing skills (or lack there of) limit the team's offensive abilities
Tebow's a developing QB for ****'s sake. A developing QB not having all-pro passing stats is "muddying up the picture"? Jesus Christ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #822
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
it's almost as if Tebow haters prefer failure over success... if that success comes because of a player they dislike.

just a reminder for everyone, our QBs since Elway...

Griese playoff wins with Denver = 0
Plummer playoff wins with Denver = 1
Cutler playoff wins with Denver = 0
Orton playoff wins with Denver = 0
Tebow playoff wins with Denver = 1



So do you think we can win a superbowl with Tebow? You can argue with stats but you sound like Bob when you do it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #823
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
it's almost as if Tebow haters prefer failure over success... if that success comes because of a player they dislike.

just a reminder for everyone, our QBs since Elway...

Griese playoff wins with Denver = 0
Plummer playoff wins with Denver = 1
Cutler playoff wins with Denver = 0
Orton playoff wins with Denver = 0
Tebow playoff wins with Denver = 1



So please give us your opinion of Plummer....afterall, we made playoffs 3 consecutive seasons under him, one AFCCG appearance, and were 7-4 and in the hunt in 2006 when he was sacked as our starter....

By your logic we never should have replaced Jake despite his foibles, which probably means Mike is still in Denver, and Tebow wouldn't even be a Bronco.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #824
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Tebow's a developing QB for ****'s sake. A developing QB not having all-pro passing stats is "muddying up the picture"? Jesus Christ...
He doesn't even have half decent passing stats FFS
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #825
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Tebow is such a p***Y , Back when Dan Reeves brought Tommy Maddox here , and paraded him around as Elway replacement , you didnt See Elway demand a trade , Elway just kicked Maddox and Reeves ass out of town on the clown train .........fuggin poosy
I agree Tebow should get Elway fired
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Denver Broncos