The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #776
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Macgahee was hurt down the stretch all the time and Miller disappeared after he got the cast. Not even close.
Add in Tebow's piss poor performance over the last few weeks, and you'll be able understand why we finished season 0-3..... See how that works? It's a team win.....and a team loss
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #777
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Cherry picking. For losers with flimsy positions.
Pot still calling out that kettle!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #778
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
Why to both sides of this say the exact opposite thing??

Tebow haters: Denver wins because of Von Miller and Willis McGahee.

Tebow lovers: Denver wins because of Tim Tebow.

How do you all not understand that it's a TEAM game. They win or lose with how each plays on a particular day. They won because of x-player(s) argument is dumb. Try a better argument.
Actually, outside of nuts like MacGruder, most of the pro-Tebow posters have never made any such claim. We simply give the kid the credit he deserves for being a big part of the team's resurgence. It's the haters who insist on deflecting any credit from the kid. They act like we won in spite of him in fact, despite the reality that we couldn't win a damn thing before he became the starter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #779
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The lucky breaks, pick 6's, ST TD's and Tebow gimmick wore off.


Ask Dick LaBeau and the NFL's number one ranked defense about that "gimmick"....



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #780
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Err...I think you're missing the whole "bold faced lying to him and not communicating with him through this whole Manning affair" thing. But that's not important right?
Bold faced lying? The hyperbole around this situation is great. I hope that all this wonderful hyperbole doesn't leave with Tebow.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #781
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Cherry picking. For losers with flimsy positions.
This thread was going fine until you showed up with your name calling. Sounds like your position is the one that's weak. Ergo, you make up for it by calling people names.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #782
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Strange. In the KC loss, we had 145 yards rushing (McGahee) and only 60 passing.
Rarely does one stat tell the whole story. Of course, if your selling your point and don't want the whole story, then okay.

Tebow had an awful day. So did nearly all of the Broncos, including the game plan and in-game decisions.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #783
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Actually, outside of nuts like MacGruder, most of the pro-Tebow posters have never made any such claim. We simply give the kid the credit he deserves for being a big part of the team's resurgence. It's the haters who insist on deflecting any credit from the kid. They act like we won in spite of him in fact, despite the reality that we couldn't win a damn thing before he became the starter.
so if we got dramatically better when we replaced one QB with a better one...then what is the argument against Manning, exactly?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #784
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 6,098

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Dude probably put the call on speakerphone so Tebow's agent could hear.
Since Manning and Tebows agency ( not sure about the actual agent) are the same, they probably just thought he would find out that way...
Its pretty obvious since the Broncos said they have had NO contact with Tebow that they didn't let him know....and calling his agent would fall under that statement.
They screwed this up , big time!
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #785
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
Why to both sides of this say the exact opposite thing??

Tebow haters: Denver wins because of Von Miller and Willis McGahee.

Tebow lovers: Denver wins because of Tim Tebow.

How do you all not understand that it's a TEAM game. They win or lose with how each plays on a particular day. They won because of x-player(s) argument is dumb. Try a better argument.
I've been on Tebow's bandwagon all year. I had hoped he'd be a Bronco for a long time to come.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #786
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
so if we got dramatically better when we replaced one QB with a better one...then what is the argument against Manning, exactly?
He's old. He's not healthy. He's a short-term solution for a team that really needs a long-term rebuilding approach. Signing him effectively ends Tebow's development for the sake of immediate gratification (if he plays three years for us he retires at the same time Tebow's contract expires, assuming we kept Tebow).

These things should be pretty obvious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #787
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Strange. In the KC loss, we had 145 yards rushing (McGahee) and only 60 passing.
How could that be possible? Surely Tebow played in that game, right?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #788
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
Rarely does one stat tell the whole story. Of course, if your selling your point and don't want the whole story, then okay.

Tebow had an awful day. So did nearly all of the Broncos, including the game plan and in-game decisions.
The previous poster stated that McGahee was injured, and that was the issue. In the KC game, that's not true. I didn't see any difference in game plan from previous games.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #789
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He's not going to demand it publicly, dude. Remember, this is a Cold War. .
Kind of hard to fight a war when you don't have any leverage or ammunition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #790
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
Rarely does one stat tell the whole story. Of course, if your selling your point and don't want the whole story, then okay.

Tebow had an awful day. So did nearly all of the Broncos, including the game plan and in-game decisions.
I saw a defense hold an nfl team to 7 points.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #791
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

“At the end of the day, we're very comfortable with Tim Tebow. Tim turned us from a 4-12 team to a playoff team,” John Fox said. “Our goal was to be champions at the beginning of the season. We became division champs. We weren't conference champs or Super Bowl champs.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #792
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Ask Dick LaBeau and the NFL's number one ranked defense about that "gimmick"....



Yeah That happens when you play cover zero. Poor game plan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #793
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I saw a defense hold an nfl team to 7 points.
I saw Kuper's ankle do inhuman and unholy things. Bad things man. Bad things.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #794
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yeah That happens when you play cover zero. Poor game plan.

A hall of fame player & coach that failed to make the proper adjustments is whose fault??
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #795
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
so if we got dramatically better when we replaced one QB with a better one...then what is the argument against Manning, exactly?
Really?? Ummm...

He's 36, so he's really a rental.

He's had four neck surgeries in the last year, so his health has to be questioned and "cleared to play" doesn't mean much. With his mellon head and a weakened neck, that's trouble. And given the performance of Denver's o-line, and Mannings foot speed, he's a dead man.

He's going to cost $20M+ (x3 in guarantied money).

LASTLY, he's not going to sign with Denver.

What's the argument for a player with those issues??
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #796
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I saw Kuper's ankle do inhuman and unholy things. Bad things man. Bad things.
Man that was ugly. I've always liked Kuper too. Great guy. Hopefully that ankle doesn't have future problems. Its tough with ankles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #797
The Moops
Old School Dude
 
The Moops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If your wife was propositioning Clooney wouldn't you leave? Ok. That's weird. But you get my point .
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #798
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
If your wife was propositioning Clooney wouldn't you leave? Ok. That's weird. But you get my point .


All win.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #799
chrisp
Friend of the unsung
 
chrisp's Avatar
 
Not into the football......yet

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London UK
Posts: 1,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan
Default

As I write this there are still three clear possibilities:
  • Front office hates Tebow and wants to ship him out any way they can without a backlash
  • Front office believes in Tebow and will do everything they can to calm him down and smooth the situation over
  • Manning will sign for us which means that what the FO thinks of Tebow.....no longer matters, wahey!!

How anyone can say that they have any certainty about which one is the truth at this stage is beyond me....
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #800
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer
 
Lycan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I saw Kuper's ankle do inhuman and unholy things. Bad things man. Bad things.
Willis saw it too.

Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Denver Broncos