The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #726
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Willis McGahee and Von Miller were both on the field. Do they get any credit?
Sure. But if we are going that route McD did more to build last year's team than Elway, by a massive margin. Do you want to go that route?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #727
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I dont understand this. What afre they supposed to be calling Tebow to tell him?
Honestly, would you want a call from your boss if he was trying to replace you?

"Hey, Tebow. I just want to let you know that we're still in the process of replacing you with a Hall of Fame QB. We'll give you an update tomorrow. Enjoy Florida!"
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #728
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Ya know, I'm not gonna read all this BS back and forth, all I have to say is I think Tebow has the goods to be a winner in the NFL.

I hope they don't sign Peyton and give Tebow a chance to excel. He's raw, but there's so much potential there. An offseason of work and a season as starter to get the precision passing up to NFL standards instead of looking for the long ball all the time, and the sky is the limit for Tebow.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #729
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I never said it was ALL Elway. I said he contributed to the success, disputing your claim that it's been a "debacle."
How did he contribute? Again, McGahee, Bunkley, and Miller were not his doing. Hell he didn't even know Bunkley's name...
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #730
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
I dont understand this. What afre they supposed to be calling Tebow to tell him?
What they were supposed to tell Baby Jay.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #731
Bighorn
Just Drafted

Orange & Blue Since 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If they haven't had the decency to contact him during this whole Manning affair, none of the gibberish you just wrote means anything.
Why should they? Is he writing the checks? Fox is already on record saying he wants 2 new QB's to compete with Tebo. Payton Manning is the biggest freeagent to hit the open market in the history of the NFL. It's not like it's Matt Cassel or Donavon Mcnabb. I honestly dont think Tebo made any of these statements anyway it's just the media drumming up a story.
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #732
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Honestly, would you want a call from your boss if he was trying to replace you?

"Hey, Tebow. I just want to let you know that we're still in the process of replacing you with a Hall of Fame QB. We'll give you an update tomorrow. Enjoy Florida!"
If they want to maintain some level of respect and good will, then they needed to do just that (though worded better). I really can't imagine Tebow's reaction is about being replaced by a HoF QB, as much as a complete lack of communication over the matter. That's just shady.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #733
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighorn View Post
Why should they? Is he writing the checks? Fox is already on record saying he wants 2 new QB's to compete with Tebo. Payton Manning is the biggest freeagent to hit the open market in the history of the NFL. It's not like it's Matt Cassel or Donavon Mcnabb. I honestly dont think Tebo made any of these statements anyway it's just the media drumming up a story.
No statements have actually been made. And you show a complete cluelessness regarding the realities of personnel management.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #734
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
What they were supposed to tell Baby Jay.
1) That they are sorry.
2) That they were stupid.
3) That he is going to get a massive extension.
4) That little Hitler is going to get publicly rebuked for being a dip****.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #735
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Fox made the call to start Orton, not Elway. Elway stated that he lets the coaches make those decisions
"I believe that Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win."

- John Elway, Sept. 27th 2011

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...to-elway-live/

Elway supported the decision, and the minute he went back on it, the Broncos started winning games. It's no coincidence.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #736
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Willis McGahee and Von Miller were both on the field. Do they get any credit?

Riddle me this...

Were they on the field when we went 1-4?

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #737
Bighorn
Just Drafted

Orange & Blue Since 72

Quote:
No statements have actually been made. And you show a complete cluelessness regarding the realities of personnel management.
End of the season presser, and your right my employees know I'm not going to ask them their opinion on who I employ..
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #738
toad
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Clark

Quote:
If they want to maintain some level of respect and good will, then they needed to do just that (though worded better). I really can't imagine Tebow's reaction is about being replaced by a HoF QB, as much as a complete lack of communication over the matter. That's just shady.
My thoughts as well.

Reach out to the guy before all this became a media circus and say "Look, Tim, we have the chance as an organization to bring in a HoF QB...one that many consider one of the best ever; we're going to do our due dilegence on that front and explore it but want to you keep preparing for the season as you are."

Given its still a tough message for Tim, but surely he'd take that better than hearing all this media circus/hype through ESPN, Twitter, etc.

Obviously NFL players get evaluated, replaced, etc all the time but I would think Tebow deserved a man-to-man heads-up because:

- He's the defacto starting QB (the leader of this offense).
- He's the focal point and "face" of this team.
- He's a huge money maker for the organization.
- He's one of the most visible atheletes in Amercia.
- His visibility made us relevant again.
- He turned a 4-12 team into a .500 team that won the division and a playoff game.
- He's one of the best "team first" guys in the business.

I'm a big Tebow supporter but I also think pursuing Manning was the RIGHT thing. When there's any quesiton at QB and you have a chance at Manning why not? I think you can build around Manning in a few seasons to have a decent shot at a SB by his 3rd/4th (last?) year.

I just think Tim deserved to hear it from the FO before it became so crazy.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #739
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Riddle me this...

Were they on the field when we went 1-4?

I'm not saying that Tebow wasn't impotant - he clearly was. But there were plays that had to be made all over the field, and Mcgahee and Miller were just as important. Elway does deserve credit for his role there.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #740
Agamemnon

Quote:
End of the season presser, and your right my employees know I'm not going to ask them their opinion on who I employ..
Err...who said they should ask his opinion? You run a business with that level of reading comprehension?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #741
extralife
Ring of Famer

the best part here is that all the people that hated Cutler and called him a traitor and a p***Y for wanting out when a new front office came in and tried to replace him with a ****ty QB are all in support of Tebow for crying for a trade after a front office that is familiar with him fellated him all offseason and then had the audacity to try to bring in the best free agent in the history of the NFL rather than doggedly stick with the QB that just had the worst passing season in the NFL.

You can't have it both ways.

And you certainly can't have it both ways by saying the front office is not attempting to improve the team, and then excoriate them for persuing the one player that would improve it the absolute most.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #742
Agamemnon

Quote:
I'm not saying that Tebow wasn't impotant - he clearly was. But thee were plays that had to be made all over the field, and ;cgahhee and Miller were just as important. Elway does deserve credit for his role there.
Why does he deserve credit? He isn't the coach or the GM. He knows little about personnel matters or modern NFL contracts. He isn't an expert on running backs or pass rushers. Those things would fall under Fox and Xanders far more yes? I guess he signed off on the moves, but you're crazy if you think they were his brainchild.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #743
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You're crazy if you think that the really real world business world and the NFL business world are comparable. You also sound like a **** to work for, because I always ask key employees their opinion on someone I'm going to hire. I make the final call, but if you don't value some of your employees' opinions, you're a terrible manager and will probably be replaced sooner than later. I sure as hell wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude to work for me.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #744
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Macgahee was hurt down the stretch all the time and Miller disappeared after he got the cast. Not even close.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #745
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
You can if you've finally realized that the FO keeps making the same mistakes OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER
Old 03-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #746
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
the best part here is that all the people that hated Cutler and called him a traitor and a p***Y for wanting out when a new front office came in and tried to replace him with a ****ty QB are all in support of Tebow for crying for a trade after a front office that is familiar with him fellated him all offseason and then had the audacity to try to bring in the best free agent in the history of the NFL rather than doggedly stick with the QB that just had the worst passing season in the NFL.

And you certainly can't have it both ways by saying the front office is not attempting to improve the team, and then excoriate them for persuing the one player that would improve it the absolute most.
Err...I think you're missing the whole "bold faced lying to him and not communicating with him through this whole Manning affair" thing. But that's not important right?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #747
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
You're crazy if you think that the really real world business world and the NFL business world are comparable. You also sound like a **** to work for, because I always ask key employees their opinion on someone I'm going to hire. I make the final call, but if you don't value some of your employees' opinions, you're a terrible manager and will probably be replaced sooner than later. I sure as hell wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude to work for me.
Do you ask the guys you want to replace though? The argument isn't asking key employees, it is telling the guy you are rep,acing.

I can tell you that if they asked Tebow if they should replace him he says no.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #748
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
I'm not saying that Tebow wasn't impotant - he clearly was. But there were plays that had to be made all over the field, and Mcgahee and Miller were just as important. Elway does deserve credit for his role there.
Yeah, and what about Xanders.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #749
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Yep, it was all Tebow and his mighty 18.5 points per game offense. None of the other 52 players on the roster Elway helped assemble had anything to do with it. None of the coaches Elway brought in had anything to do with it. It was all Tebow. Brilliant analysis.
It always is
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #750
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Do you ask the guys you want to replace though? The argument isn't asking key employees, it is telling the guy you are rep,acing.

I can tell you that if they asked Tebow if they should replace him he says no.
That's not what he said, he said he doesn't ask his employees' opinions on whom he employs.

And come on, you're an intelligent person. Is it really without precedent in the NFL for a team to say to a player "we're replacing you, you and your agent can start soliciting trade offers?" When you get "replaced" in the real world, your company usually doesn't get compensation from your future employer.