The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #701
Bighorn
Just Drafted

Orange & Blue Since 72

Enough with all the conspiracy crap. If Tebo did say this crap then he is a huge pusss. Buisness is buisness any time you feel that you are untouchable guese what you get touched on the ass out the door! I like TT alot dont get me wrong. But for christ's sake its Payton Manning. This is all just a bunch of he said she said bull****! This place used to be fun to come and read about the Broncos. Now it's like a teenage girls locker room.
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #702
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Nope, I think they want a guy who is consistent. Face it our FO made a run at a guy who has been consistently great at his position for 15 years.

I would balk at the nerve damage personally but if he is ok then it is a good move.

Tebow needs to keep working to get better and stop worrying about feelings. Peyton got cut, no one is above the franchise as a player. Do your job well and no one will try to replace you.
More like 12 years. Peyton had a pretty rough first 16 games. Had a lower QB rating than Tim Tebow does, in fact. Mostly because he led the league in interceptions. Then he missed his 14th season. Otherwise known as last year.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #703
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is, a platitude to calm the masses.
Yeah, you caught on earlier than most that Elway is FOS and can't be trusted. I'm with you now brother.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #704
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

29 pages of light rail. Nice.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #705
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
More like 12 years. Peyton had a pretty rough first 16 games. Had a lower QB rating than Tim Tebow does, in fact. Mostly because he led the league in interceptions. Then he missed his 14th season. Otherwise known as last year.
your pathetic.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #706
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Yeah, you caught on earlier than most that Elway is FOS and can't be trusted. I'm with you now brother.
I knew he wasn't qualified for the job when he was hired. But his two-faced nature has been news to me. This whole Elway in the FO debacle is quickly sullying his image in my eyes.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #707
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighorn View Post
Enough with all the conspiracy crap. If Tebo did say this crap then he is a huge pusss. Buisness is buisness any time you feel that you are untouchable guese what you get touched on the ass out the door! I like TT alot dont get me wrong. But for christ's sake its Payton Manning. This is all just a bunch of he said she said bull****! This place used to be fun to come and read about the Broncos. Now it's like a teenage girls locker room.
If they haven't had the decency to contact him during this whole Manning affair, none of the gibberish you just wrote means anything.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #708
HighCountryBronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If they haven't had the decency to contact him during this whole Manning affair, none of the gibberish you just wrote means anything.
Agreed!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #709
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Says the pot to the kettle.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #710
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I knew he wasn't qualified for the job when he was hired. But his two-faced nature has been news to me. This whole Elway in the FO debacle is quickly sullying his image in my eyes.
Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and turned it to an 8-8 division winner including the first playoff win in 6 seasons. Yeah, it's been a real debacle. But, I get it...it was all Tebow. Elway contributed nothing to it.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #711
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
your pathetic.
Sucks when people compare apples to apples, doesn't it.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #712
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and turned it to an 8-8 division winner including the first playoff win in 6 seasons. Yeah, it's been a real debacle. But, I get it...it was all Tebow. Elway contributed nothing to it.
Who the **** was on the field for that resurgence dip****? It sure as **** wasn't Elway. ****tard.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #713
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Who the **** was on the field for that resurgence dip****? It sure as **** wasn't Elway. ****tard.
Yep, it was all Tebow and his mighty 18.5 points per game offense. None of the other 52 players on the roster Elway helped assemble had anything to do with it. None of the coaches Elway brought in had anything to do with it. It was all Tebow. Brilliant analysis.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #714
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and supported the decision to start Kyle Orton. Then the team started the season 1-4 and finished the season at 8-8 and in the playoffs after replacing the player he originally supported.
Fixed your post.

So what exactly did Elway do to be responsible for going 8-8?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #715
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Does it look like he's building on that 9-9 if as expected he doesn't land Manning and Tebow wants out

They also haven't addressed any needs in FA and have six picks in the upcoming draft, none inside the top 2 this time to save their ass from another woeful draft class.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #716
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Just what did he contribute?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #717
Agamemnon

Quote:
Yep, it was all Tebow and his mighty 18.5 points per game offense. None of the other 52 players on the roster Elway helped assemble had anything to do with it. None of the coaches Elway brought in had anything to do with it. It was all Tebow. Brilliant analysis.
You are an idiot who has no understanding of anything that happened last season. None. You literally might as well be a house plant for all the cerebral activity going on in your head. I never said it was all Tebow, but I can guarantee you it wasn't all Elway. It wasn't even a little Elway. Elway is fixated on quarterbacks and our quarterback was someone he didn't pick (kind of the whole problem actually). The Von Miller pick and McGahee signing were Fox and Xanders. I guarantee you that. Elway is not a personnel man.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #718
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

I dont understand this. What afre they supposed to be calling Tebow to tell him?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #719
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Fixed your post.

So what exactly did Elway do to be responsible for going 8-8?
Fox made the call to start Orton, not Elway. Elway stated that he lets the coaches make those decisions.

What did Elway do? He put together the coaching staff that was able to get more out of the existing talent than the previous staff. He added players like Von Miller, Willis McGahee, Orlando Franklin, and Broderick Bunkley who were all key contributors to the team. No rational person can possibly think it was all about Tebow. All last season proved is that he isn't as bad as Orton. Look, Tebow did some good things, but there was plenty of bad, too. It's not like we all of a sudden became a 30 points per game offense when he took over. I'm on the fence about Tebow's ability to develop into a long-term starter, as are a lot of folks, and you can hardly blame Elway for falling into that camp.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #720
Drunken.Broncoholic

Elway brought in coaches willing to throw out their entire playbook and coaching stradegies to fit a player who can't execute NFL plays. They basically were asked to scheme a pro team into a college team.

Not many coaches would put up with that.

O ya. And he got rid of Nate jones.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #721
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You are an idiot who has no understanding of anything that happened last season. None. You literally might as well be a house plant for all the cerebral activity going on in your head. I never said it was all Tebow, but I can guarantee you it wasn't all Elway. It wasn't even a little Elway. Elway is fixated on quarterbacks and our quarterback was someone he didn't pick (kind of the whole problem actually). The Von Miller pick and McGahee signing were Fox and Xanders. I guarantee you that. Elway is not a personnel man.
I never said it was ALL Elway. I said he contributed to the success, disputing your claim that it's been a "debacle."
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #722
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Willis McGahee and Von Miller were both on the field. Do they get any credit?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #723
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I dont understand this. What afre they supposed to be calling Tebow to tell him?
You can't be serious...
Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #724
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sucks when people compare apples to apples, doesn't it.
it would suck if it were accurate.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #725
Drunken.Broncoholic

People act like some of these games were won by skill alone.