The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #651
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
So now, if someone makes a statement, and circumstances change (in this case one of the greatest ever becoming available), then they get crucified for changing their mind?

Harsh crowd.
No you either don't say it or don't make a deliberate public display at courting him. Circumstances do change, how you handle those changes matters.

I am not slamming them for perusing Manning, I just wonder could they have handled the message better?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #652
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I have to ask myself "what would McD do?"

What is the going rate for a top rb in his prime these days? A first and 3rd?
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #653
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Just as a reminder Tebow himself has not said one word about this whole saga
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #654
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Manning became available all of a sudden? It was a real possibility for awhile.
It wasn't a real possibility when John originally made the statment.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #655
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
again, Elway was forced to address the QB situation to the media. He made a statement that is/was true. TT has earned the right the be the starting QB going into training camp. That's the truth. If Manning comes in then it could still be the truth, it's just that Manning will destroy TT in training camp because the offense will be designed around Manning. It will take all of one day to switch TT to #2.

If Manning does not sign with the Broncos then I believe TT will be the guy #1 QB going into training camp. The Broncos will bring in other QBs to compete but it's TT's job to lose.
No one makes Elway go on twitter and tell everyone anything. Manning would not be signed to compete for the job, so sorry, that is not the truth. If they try to sign Alex Smith, he wouldn't sign to compete. Somehow you see evidence the Broncos really do believe in Tebow and will give him every chance to win the job, but I don't. If true tried talking to Flynn as well, then he wouldn't be signing to simply compete either.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #656
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
No you either don't say it or don't make a deliberate public display at courting him. Circumstances do change, how you handle those changes matters.

I am not slamming them for perusing Manning, I just wonder could they have handled the message better?
I get what you're saying, but we just have differing opinions on how things are being handled.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #657
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
It wasn't?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #658
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It was hardly a ringing endorsement for Tebow anyway. But they really do believe in him though. Please.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #659
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
No one makes Elway go on twitter and tell everyone anything. Manning would not be signed to compete for the job, so sorry, that is not the truth. If they try to sign Alex Smith, he wouldn't sign to compete. Somehow you see evidence the Broncos really do believe in Tebow and will give him every chance to win the job, but I don't. If true tried talking to Flynn as well, then he wouldn't be signing to simply compete either.
fair enough, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like TT to get a fair shot at the starting QB job if Manning signs with another team. As for the other QBs who the Broncos bring in to compete with TT, I doubt they pay a lot of money for these QBs. I'm pretty sure they will bring in guys who are cheap and really have to work hard to take the job away from TT, this is JMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #660
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I've been banned and busy have we actually signed anyone yet?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #661
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
Mike Adams.

That's it.

lol
Old 03-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #662
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
I can't even begin to imagine why you where banned.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #663
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why u banned? U posting nekkid pics of bob again?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #664
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
I can't even begin to imagine why you where banned.
I know its hard to believe. I think Taco was just worried about me taking over the place and had to flex his mussles

personally I think its a fiber issue but we would need to consult Dr. Broncostierrwhatshisface. Maybe I'll start a thread.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #665
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Why u banned? U posting nekkid pics of bob again?
Dont tempt me girl.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #666
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
fair enough, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I'd like TT to get a fair shot at the starting QB job if Manning signs with another team. As for the other QBs who the Broncos bring in to compete with TT, I doubt they pay a lot of money for these QBs. I'm pretty sure they will bring in guys who are cheap and really have to work hard to take the job away from TT, this is JMHO.
Yep, I would like Tebow to be given a chance, but I just don't it happening. What I see is even if the unlikely happens and they gave Tebow a shot at winning the job, they will always be looking for someone else because I think they want a pure pocket passer and I do not see Tebow ever really being that kind of QB. I think he can be effective like a Vick who isn't really a pure pocket passer either and has had a pretty good career, not counting his off the field antics, but that isn't what the Broncos want in a QB.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #667
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is...
Where were people like you when I was getting pounded for saying this back in Jan and Feb? Now TJ, montrose and others are saying it and all of a sudden it's a revelation!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=341
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #668
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Where were people like you when I was getting pounded for saying this back in Jan and Feb? Now TJ, montrose and others are saying it and all of a sudden it's a revelation!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=341
JC,i've been claiming TT wouldn't make it before he was even drafted. You can't imagine how pissed I was when I saw that we drafted TT.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #669
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Dont tempt me girl.
Well, just don't post mine. Ok
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #670
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
JC,i've been claiming TT wouldn't make it before he was even drafted. You can't imagine how pissed I was when I saw that we drafted TT.
Probably less pissed than when he threw the winning touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs...
Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #671
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I'm getting the feeling Elway is trying to recreate himself at the QB position. Looks like he believes it's the only way to play the position successfully. Elway and fox are too fixated on how the QB position must be played. After some though I believe it would be best for Tim Tebow to move on to another team that has the vision to see his real value to a football team. I think the best place for Tebow is with a OC like MCD that would figure a way to use his considerable skills.

The NFL is slow to change. Once and a while along comes a guy like Bill Walsh and tries something new, at first he is laughed at, then copied league wide. I think Tim Tebow can bing that kind of impact to a team with vision and balls.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #672
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Probably less pissed than when he threw the winning touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs...
yeah that game against NE,even the 2-8 game he had against KC the 1st time not to mention the 2nd game against KC.how about buffalo?the broncos won in spite of TT.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #673
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'm getting the feeling Elway is trying to recreate himself at the QB position. Looks like he believes it's the only way to play the position successfully. Elway and fox are too fixated on how the QB position must be played. After some though I believe it would be best for Tim Tebow to move on to another team that has the vision to see his real value to a football team. I think the best place for Tebow is with a OC like MCD that would figure a way to use his considerable skills.

The NFL is slow to change. Once and a while along comes a guy like Bill Walsh and tries something new, at first he is laughed at, then copied league wide. I think Tim Tebow can bing that kind of impact to a team with vision and balls.
the type of offense TT requires would set the NFL back 50 or so yrs when the forward pass was just begining.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #674
Slightly Soiled
Angling for VP.

Mitt watch this!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gerald Willhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
yeah that game against NE,even the 2-8 game he had against KC the 1st time not to mention the 2nd game against KC.how about buffalo?the broncos won in spite of TT.
So your saying Orton was too bad for the rest of the team to overcome?
Slightly Soiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #675
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

I agree. I think Elway thinks what Tebow is doing out there isn't Qb-ing. He sees him and the rest of the greats at the position as artists with a very special ability, and I don't blame him. My problem is if it's all about winning then it was only rational to give Tim one more year and see where we stand. I think the best coaches/personnel evaluators will work to the strengths of their players and not try to recreate something that we won't necessarily ever find again (another Elway).

Tim had room to grow but he gave us a great starting point. We were watching him progress to the point of him having his best passing game as the last game he played while we were winning. As a fan, it was the perfect rebuild opportunity in my eyes.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote