The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #626
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Why shouldn't he have said that? Before one of the greatest QB's in NFL history became a free agent, I'm pretty sure the idea was that Tim would be the starter. Did I miss a press conference somewhere between the time they started pursuing PM and now, where this quote was said?
Like has been pointed out, it was not a sudden surprise the Colts and Manning parted ways, especially when the Colts clinched the 1st pick in the draft.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #627
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
There's rumors of this? That was phase 2 of my theory about this front office. If its not manning it will be someone else. They aren't looking for practice squad QBs or 5th round projects. QB is and has been the 1st priority for them. Scouting all year for QBs is a clear sign.
PFT said they reached out to Flynn but he didn't any part of this situation.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #628
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Why shouldn't he have said that? Before one of the greatest QB's in NFL history became a free agent, I'm pretty sure the idea was that Tim would be the starter. Did I miss a press conference somewhere between the time they started pursuing PM and now, where this quote was said?
That was never the idea...and thats from a great source, Montrose. Priority 1 for them has been to get rid of Tebow, per Montrose...and he would know.

So if they don't get Manning and keep trying to go out of their way to get other starting QBs, would you admit they are full of ****?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #629
OrangeDonkey

I don't believe it. Tebow knows we love him. He'll stay the course.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #630
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDonkey View Post
I don't believe it. Tebow knows we love him. He'll stay the course.
BroncBow or MacGruder?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #631
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Elway shouldn't have said he's "earned the right to go into camp as the starter". That creates the impression that he's going to have a fair chance at it. They never intended for him to even have a chance. Now I grant you that this scenario is unlikely but suppose they got Manning in, and he continued to have serious trouble with arm strength issues and Tebow made some improvements over the summer. Who would be the starter? Obviously Manning, even if he was just a shell of his former self. They didn't pay 25m for nothing. This isn't an econ classs, there are no sunk costs. He's going to play, regardless of what happens. That's the guy, period. So, they shouldn't have said this **** in the beginning, just keep quiet.

Get your guy, start your guy. If it works great, if not, you can be VP for marketing (or preferably have no job whatsoever in the organization).
meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is, a platitude to calm the masses.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #632
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
meh, when Elway said this I was the first poster here to tell everyone this means nothing. I'm shocked that people didn't see this statement for what it is, a platitude to calm the masses.
I know it was a platitude, but that in itself is condescending and it pisses me off. So when it blows up in his face, he shouldn't be upset that some people are laughing at him and calling him an incompetent, unqualified, egotistical douchebag. Facts are sometimes uncomfortable.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #633
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
But that gives ammunition when you don't follow through. It was a shallow statement for sure. But now people, Tebows agent, and other teams can say but see....
Old 03-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #634
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
But that gives ammunition when you don't follow through. It was a shallow statement for sure. But now people, Tebows agent, and other teams can say but see....
nah, it was a true statement. It's still a true statement. Again, if he had said anything like "at this point I have no idea who are starting QB will be next season" the masses would have gone full retard.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #635
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
But then that reinforces the belief Elway really did not see Tebow as the answer and does not believe in Tebow, but Tebow shouldn't demand a trade though? What player wants to stay in an organization that does not believe he can play and looking to be constantly replaced? They would have gone with Orton all last season if not for their horrible start and Orton's uninspired play.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #636
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
That was never the idea...and thats from a great source, Montrose. Priority 1 for them has been to get rid of Tebow, per Montrose...and he would know.

So if they don't get Manning and keep trying to go out of their way to get other starting QBs, would you admit they are full of ****?
Apologies, I misspoke. Elway had said that he would be the starter going into training camp, meaning he would be the #1 guy until he was dethroned. If they don't get manning, and go out of their way to get other starting QB's, then it seems like they're doing a great job of brining in competition.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #637
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I know it was a platitude, but that in itself is condescending and it pisses me off. So when it blows up in his face, he shouldn't be upset that some people are laughing at him and calling him an incompetent, unqualified, egotistical douchebag. Facts are sometimes uncomfortable.
nah, it is plausible deniability, that is all. You have to understand the Elway is a PR guy too and people love TT, including myself. Elway is walking the fine line between telling people the truth and doing what he thinks is best for the team. Again, I think Elway loves TT, I'm just not sure he thinks the Broncos can win a championship with TT as the starting QB.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #638
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
nah, it was a true statement. It's still a true statement. Again, if he had said anything like "at this point I have no idea who are starting QB will be next season" the masses would have gone full retard.
I wouldn't be so sure.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #639
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
And now this from Klis:

Trade market would be strong for Tebow
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...g-tebow/12599/

Watch josh McDaniels get NE to trade for Tebow. He has the vision to use his talents in the NFL, unlike the old school crusty brained Jon Fox and old school FO in Denver.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #640
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Jesus 25 pages. Tebow looking like a chump right now.

Complete half of your passes, then you can think about complaining about your bosses flirting with one of the greatest to ever do your job.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #641
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Watch josh McDaniels get NE to trade for Tebow. He has the vision to use his talents in the NFL, unlike the old school crusty brained Jon Fox and old school FO in Denver.
holy **** it's mcgruder.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #642
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Jesus 25 pages. Tebow looking like a chump right now.

Complete half of your passes, then you can think about complaining about your bosses flirting with one of the greatest to ever do your job.
Have yet to hear him complain though.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #643
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If they sign Manning or someone else, then it isn't a true statement because Tebow would not go into TC as the starter. Elway stating what he did was not making any guarantees to Tebow, but it told him he was in the lead and someone had to beat him out in TC to get the job. In this case, he lost the job before TC, so that wasn't correct what Elway said. If they really believed in Tebow, you don't try to sign other QB's to big deals who automatically become the starter.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #644
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
nah, it is plausible deniability, that is all. You have to understand the Elway is a PR guy too and people love TT, including myself. Elway is walking the fine line between telling people the truth and doing what he thinks is best for the team. Again, I think Elway loves TT, I'm just not sure he thinks the Broncos can win a championship with TT as the starting QB.
Again, the best scenario is where they fail to get Manning (better to use 25m on like 4 or 5 good players to address multiple needs than just one person), the team spends the same money on 4 quality starters, has a good draft, Tebow comes in super pissed and super motivated, completely wows the team at mini-camp but refuses to buddy up to any of them in private when they try to reconcile with him and lets them know in private he thinks they are all ****bags, but they can't do anything about it because he's turned into a dynamic and productive NFL QB, whose following makes him politically impossible to touch, even for Elway and he simply has to accept being blown off by Tebow every time he tries to buddy up or have lunch with him, or even talk to him, the position becomes untenable for Elway and he has to pursue other business oppurtunities.

That would be perfect.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #645
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
If they sign Manning or someone else, then it isn't a true statement because Tebow would not go into TC as the starter. Elway stating what he did was not making any guarantees to Tebow, but it told him he was in the lead and someone had to beat him out in TC to get the job. In this case, he lost the job before TC, so that wasn't correct what Elway said. If they really believed in Tebow, you don't try to sign other QB's to big deals who automatically become the starter.
So now, if someone makes a statement, and circumstances change (in this case one of the greatest ever becoming available), then they get crucified for changing their mind?

Harsh crowd.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #646
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Have yet to hear him complain though.
if the story is legit, asking to be traded is a blatant complaint lol.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #647
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But then that reinforces the belief Elway really did not see Tebow as the answer and does not believe in Tebow, but Tebow shouldn't demand a trade though? What player wants to stay in an organization that does not believe he can play and looking to be constantly replaced? They would have gone with Orton all last season if not for their horrible start and Orton's uninspired play.
again, Elway was forced to address the QB situation to the media. He made a statement that is/was true. TT has earned the right the be the starting QB going into training camp. That's the truth. If Manning comes in then it could still be the truth, it's just that Manning will destroy TT in training camp because the offense will be designed around Manning. It will take all of one day to switch TT to #2.

If Manning does not sign with the Broncos then I believe TT will be the guy #1 QB going into training camp. The Broncos will bring in other QBs to compete but it's TT's job to lose.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #648
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
again, Elway was forced to address the QB situation to the media. He made a statement that is/was true. TT has earned the right the be the starting QB going into training camp. That's the truth. If Manning comes in then it could still be the truth, it's just that Manning will destroy TT in training camp because the offense will be designed around Manning. It will take all of one day to switch TT to #2.

If Manning does not sign with the Broncos then I believe TT will be the guy #1 QB going into training camp. The Broncos will bring in other QBs to compete but it's TT's job to lose.
bingo
Old 03-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #649
bombay
Ring of Famer

I don't think Tebow has said a word publically, which is the correct course.

Does he want out? Probably. I would if I knew for sure that the company I worked for wanted to replace me.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #650
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So now, if someone makes a statement, and circumstances change (in this case one of the greatest ever becoming available), then they get crucified for changing their mind?

Harsh crowd.
Manning became available all of a sudden? It was a real possibility for awhile.