The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #601
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And you feel the same if Manning signs elsewhere and the Broncos look at signing Smith or some other QB to start? Is this really just about getting Manning or finding a new QB?
I'm talking about TT demanding a trade regardless if the Broncos sign Manning or not. This is the rumor.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #602
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would be inclined to disbelieve this given the story that John Fox wants two quarterbacks to compete with Tebow, and Woody's revelation that the Manning chase was originally John Fox's idea.
Well, compete is one thing, but Manning or supposedly trying to talk with Flynn as was reported is not about competing for the job. It is to be given the job, but bozos around here think Tebow should be happy even though this organization does not believe in him. Why do people think the Broncos keeping Tebow around when they don't believe in him is a great idea? Only assinine franchises keep a QB around it doesn't want.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #603
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Meh, if TT pulls this crap I'll lose a lot of respect for him. If he doesn't understand the flaws in his game then he's not very honest. He's simply not a passing threat in the NFL, not on a consistent basis. He's got major work to do. If the Broncos have a chance for a hof QB in Manning then he has to respect EFX's position.

I'm sure he'd be just fine if the Broncos were doing this with other positions on the team, that is, if another NFL team released a HoF player who could help the Broncos win immediately I'm sure TT would be in favor of the Broncos going after that player.

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.
amen
Old 03-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #604
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm talking about TT demanding a trade regardless if the Broncos sign Manning or not. This is the rumor.
Maybe Tebow also knows they tried talking to Flynn too?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #605
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
wrong
Wrong? How so? He's said it multiple times.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #606
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
I'm not sure why anyone would be inclined to disbelieve this given the story that John Fox wants two quarterbacks to compete with Tebow, and Woody's revelation that the Manning chase was originally John Fox's idea.

Just from a "smell test" point of view, I think it passes.

They made it clear when Elway named Tebow the starter going into camp that they were bringing in other QBs to compete with Tebow. This is not new news here.

IF, and I mean IF, Tebow does ask to be traded, it will be for the sole reason that he can not trust this organization. He has been lied to going on two seasons now. Once again, this organization is screwing up the way they deal with the QB position.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #607
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Like I said, this about the Broncos pursuing Manning, a first ballot HoF QB.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #608
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Wrong? How so? He's said it multiple times.
the two are mutually exclusive my friend, I don't know why you are linking the two.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #609
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Tebow has to know his passing skills are horrid and knows he is getting replaced. He isn't dumb.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #610
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Like I said, this about the Broncos pursuing Manning, a first ballot HoF QB.
And what if the report the Broncos tried talking to Flynn is true?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #611
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
There may not be a libel issue, but there is still press integrity and ethics to consider which is why most news outlets will pull a story if they recieve confirmation is it not true.
This is pretty much what I was trying to get at. Gylove said it better tho
Miss I. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #612
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
at this point it's all conjecture. We know the Broncos want Manning.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #613
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tebow has to know his passing skills are horrid and knows he is getting replaced. He isn't dumb.
Seems news to people around here that Tebow should still believe this franchise believes in him and should want to stay to never play again.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #614
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
They made it clear when Elway named Tebow the starter going into camp that they were bringing in other QBs to compete with Tebow. This is not new news here.

IF, and I mean IF, Tebow does ask to be traded, it will be for the sole reason that he can not trust this organization. He has been lied to going on two seasons now. Once again, this organization is screwing up the way they deal with the QB position.

Tebow was never their guy. The only reason that Tebow got any playing time at all is because Orton couldn't handle the pressure of having someone looking over his shoulder (while having an infant in the house to boot).

I don't agree that Tebow has been "lied" to. I think the Broncos have been rather straight-forward with the guy - which is why I'm not surprised that there are rumors that he wants out.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #615
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
at this point it's all conjecture. We know the Broncos want Manning.
Well, then before people start believing Tebow is a jerk if he isn't happy the Broncos are just getting Manning, maybe wait to see if he knows they are replacing him with whoever they can find.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #616
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Tebow was never their guy. The only reason that Tebow got any playing time at all is because Orton couldn't handle the pressure of having someone looking over his shoulder (while having an infant in the house to boot).

I don't agree that Tebow has been "lied" to. I think the Broncos have been rather straight-forward with the guy - which is why I'm not surprised that there are rumors that he wants out.
Elway shouldn't have said he's "earned the right to go into camp as the starter". That creates the impression that he's going to have a fair chance at it. They never intended for him to even have a chance. Now I grant you that this scenario is unlikely but suppose they got Manning in, and he continued to have serious trouble with arm strength issues and Tebow made some improvements over the summer. Who would be the starter? Obviously Manning, even if he was just a shell of his former self. They didn't pay 25m for nothing. This isn't an econ classs, there are no sunk costs. He's going to play, regardless of what happens. That's the guy, period. So, they shouldn't have said this **** in the beginning, just keep quiet.

Get your guy, start your guy. If it works great, if not, you can be VP for marketing (or preferably have no job whatsoever in the organization).

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #617
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Hahahaha. Reading more of this thread, I've realized how bat **** crazy most of you are. The reason the Broncos have any cache in the NFL is because the had an all time great in the QB position for 16 yrs. THE ONLY REASON. And now people are ready to throw I. The towel on him because he's...chasing an all time great QB...

****ing /facepalm
You think you're so brilliant. Maybe you're the f-ed up one. Learn to separate the player form the FO guy.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #618
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Well, then before people start believing Tebow is a jerk if he isn't happy the Broncos are just getting Manning, maybe wait to see if he knows they are replacing him with whoever they can find.
Like I've said from the beginning, I'm sure Elway loves TT the football player and the man. However I think he has concerns about being able to win a SB with him as the QB. I think he'd love for TT to be "that guy" but he's realistic.

The pursuit of Manning is a gamble, but one that is totally justifiable IMHO. TT will only make things worse if he demands a trade regardless of landing Manning. It's best if TT just lays low until the dust settles and then go and talk directly with Elway about his future.

I'm pretty sure Elway has TT's best interest at heart. TT would be wise to not make any demands until he's spoken face to face with Elway, after Manning chooses a team.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #619
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Elway shouldn't have said he's "earned the right to go into camp as the starter". That creates the impression that he's going to have a fair chance at it. They never intended for him to even have a chance. Now I grant you that this scenario is unlikely but suppose they got Manning in, and he continued to have serious trouble with arm strength issues and Tebow made some improvements over the summer. Who would be the starter? Obviously Manning, even if he was just a shell of his former self. They didn't pay 25m for nothing. This isn't an econ classs, there are no sunk costs. He's going to play, regardless of what happens. That's the guy, period. So, they shouldn't have said this **** in the beginning, just keep quiet.
Yep, agreed very much and this is how I believe they misled Tebow and why he would be upset. Manning or even Flynn would not be signed to compete for the job. They would have the job. If Tebow went up against say a Quinn type of veteran QB and some rookie and lost the job in a full, regular training camp, then Tebow could only be upset at himself. Here, he was told he was the starter going into TC but pretty obvious the Broncos have no intention of seeing that be the case. But Tebow should be a good trooper and be happy he won't get that chance and be content to sit on the bench for 3 years until he is a free agent, knowing this team does not believe in him. The lack of common sense some have round here is astonishing.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #620
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
There's rumors of this? That was phase 2 of my theory about this front office. If its not manning it will be someone else. They aren't looking for practice squad QBs or 5th round projects. QB is and has been the 1st priority for them. Scouting all year for QBs is a clear sign.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #621
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Like I've said from the beginning, I'm sure Elway loves TT the football player and the man. However I think he has concerns about being able to win a SB with him as the QB. I think he'd love for TT to be "that guy" but he's realistic.

The pursuit of Manning is a gamble, but one that is totally justifiable IMHO. TT will only make things worse if he demands a trade regardless of landing Manning. It's best if TT just lays low until the dust settles and then go and talk directly with Elway about his future.

I'm pretty sure Elway has TT's best interest at heart. TT would be wise to not make any demands until he's spoken face to face with Elway, after Manning chooses a team.
Sure, he loves Tebow's energy, but does not see him as a QB and should not state things in public he does not mean, particularly Tebow earning to be the starter going into TC when they have no interest in that happening. Tebow has not made any public statements to this point, so it appears he is doing what you suggest.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #622
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Get your guy, start your guy. If it works great, if not, you can be VP for marketing (or preferably have no job whatsoever in the organization).
I agree on saying he is starter heading into camp. Yes, Manning wasn't cut by then but it was pretty apparent it was going to happen. Fans would have flipped, out, especially the Denver Tebows, but they should not have addressed it all.

Now you have an even larger perception of dishonesty.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #623
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:

I don't agree that Tebow has been "lied" to. I think the Broncos have been rather straight-forward with the guy

Wow, you can't really be serious can you? Could you have your ass any further up EFXs ass than you currently have it right now?

And if he was never their guy, they would have found a trade partner for him last year, and at the very least, Elway would have found a way to trade him well before the whole Manning thing started.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #624
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:

Why shouldn't he have said that? Before one of the greatest QB's in NFL history became a free agent, I'm pretty sure the idea was that Tim would be the starter. Did I miss a press conference somewhere between the time they started pursuing PM and now, where this quote was said?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #625
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
There's rumors of this? That was phase 2 of my theory about this front office. If its not manning it will be someone else. They aren't looking for practice squad QBs or 5th round projects. QB is and has been the 1st priority for them. Scouting all year for QBs is a clear sign.
Florio posted it on Pro Football Talk
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote