The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #576
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
There is that possibility that the team that does not get Manning turns out to be the lucky one.
And just the opposite is also possible. Lots of things are possible.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #577
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
The b**** is Back

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DomCasual's heart
Posts: 7,476

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Found this on Spano's twitter feed:

Interesting that two local news sources had to take down negative Tebow news.Coincidence?

tim-tebow-unhappy-with-broncos-backup-role:
http://kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tim-tebow-...,2078780.story

Tebow-unhappy-with-backup-role
http://www.allthingsnow.com/all/news...th-backup-role
Is it possible they pulled them because it was speculative bull**** with no supporting facts and thus they pulled to avoid a lible issue?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #578
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
What would that even mean?
That they had no "credible" sources to back it up maybe?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #579
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,327

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And just the opposite is also possible. Lots of things are possible.
Most are assuming Pm will be the Manning we are used to seeing. There is no justification to assume that. Just making that point.

We live in a universe of infinite possibilities but thanks for pointing that out.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #580
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Most are assuming Pm will be the Manning we are used to seeing. There is no justification to assume that. Just making that point.

We live in a universe of infinite possibilities but thanks for pointing that out.
But there is justification. People who have coached him and played with him and watched him workout (or worked out with him) say that his arm is just as good as ever. Why did the Broncos take a medical evaluation team to Raleigh? Why is PM giving the teams a medical out in the contracts? Probably due to his confidence in where he's at physically. Sounds to me like there is plenty of justification.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #581
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,412

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Is it possible they pulled them because it was speculative bull**** with no supporting facts and thus they pulled to avoid a lible issue?
There is no libel issue here, so it would have nothing to do with that.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #582
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,021

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
There is no libel issue here, so it would have nothing to do with that.
Or they got other contradictory information and pulled it for journalistic reasons. Could be any number of reasons.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #583
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
There is no libel issue here, so it would have nothing to do with that.
There may not be a libel issue, but there is still press integrity and ethics to consider which is why most news outlets will pull a story if they recieve confirmation is it not true.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #584
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Facts:

TJ refers to source as older and hasn't talked to him in a while

Tebow has been a Bronco under 2 years

The Broncos admit not having any contact with Tebow's camp

Somehow this source knows despite obviously not being a part of Tim's camp, and if he's a part of Dove valley, then they haven't had any contact.

Soooooooo, does 1+1=2 or does 1+1=OMFGTRADEDEMANDS!

I think TJ is just trying to stir more **** on the board to be honest.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #585
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I think TJ is just trying to stir more **** on the board to be honest.
Right, because thats what the board lacks...drama
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #586
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,884
Default

I don't think it's anyone trying to start ****.

I think, just like this whole Manning deal, it's someone guessing how someone else will react given all the events. As in "What would I do if I were in his shoes?".

I also think it's incorrect, and that Tebow will infact take the high road.

I mean..."It's what I would do."
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #587
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,412

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I think TJ is just trying to stir more **** on the board to be honest.
Nah. I could have sat on the information, I suppose. I've done that before when receiving a juicy tip. But there's no reason to just stir things up for the sake of stirring things up. Things are plenty stirred as it is. I posted it because I trust the source, and I believe that its true. I'm just trying to make sense of this whole thing like anyone else is. I'll let everybody else decide for themselves.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #588
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Right, because thats what the board lacks...drama
That's what I was going to say.

Like anybody has to "create" anything around here during FA.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #589
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,021

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

If more Drama is what TJ wants then he is a sick sick man! Adding Drama is ranked 345 on To Do list I old imagine.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #590
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Nah. I could have sat on the information, I suppose. I've done that before when receiving a juicy tip. But there's no reason to just stir things up for the sake of stirring things up. Things are plenty stirred as it is. I posted it because I trust the source, and I believe that its true. I'm just trying to make sense of this whole thing like anyone else is. I'll let everybody else decide for themselves.
If you want my Opinion- And I am sure you do.

Stop listening to EmpireOrange. I know he has the ins with John's Secretary. (Mini Eclair's) Does not mean he is getting the good info.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #591
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Meh, if TT pulls this crap I'll lose a lot of respect for him. If he doesn't understand the flaws in his game then he's not very honest. He's simply not a passing threat in the NFL, not on a consistent basis. He's got major work to do. If the Broncos have a chance for a hof QB in Manning then he has to respect EFX's position.

I'm sure he'd be just fine if the Broncos were doing this with other positions on the team, that is, if another NFL team released a HoF player who could help the Broncos win immediately I'm sure TT would be in favor of the Broncos going after that player.

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #592
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Don't let the door knob hit you Timmy. SEE YA!
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #593
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,412

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I'm not sure why anyone would be inclined to disbelieve this given the story that John Fox wants two quarterbacks to compete with Tebow, and Woody's revelation that the Manning chase was originally John Fox's idea.

Just from a "smell test" point of view, I think it passes.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #594
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Meh, if TT pulls this crap I'll lose a lot of respect for him. If he doesn't understand the flaws in his game then he's not very honest. He's simply not a passing threat in the NFL, not on a consistent basis. He's got major work to do. If the Broncos have a chance for a hof QB in Manning then he has to respect EFX's position.

I'm sure he'd be just fine if the Broncos were doing this with other positions on the team, that is, if another NFL team released a HoF player who could help the Broncos win immediately I'm sure TT would be in favor of the Broncos going after that player.

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.
It also makes me nervous how he's willing to tell anybody who will listen that his ministry comes before everything else, including football.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #595
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Meh, if TT pulls this crap I'll lose a lot of respect for him. If he doesn't understand the flaws in his game then he's not very honest. He's simply not a passing threat in the NFL, not on a consistent basis. He's got major work to do. If the Broncos have a chance for a hof QB in Manning then he has to respect EFX's position.

I'm sure he'd be just fine if the Broncos were doing this with other positions on the team, that is, if another NFL team released a HoF player who could help the Broncos win immediately I'm sure TT would be in favor of the Broncos going after that player.

If it's true TT is going to ask for a trade he is not a good fit for the Broncos IMHO, because it's all about him. And IMHO, that reeks of hypocrisy.
And you feel the same if Manning signs elsewhere and the Broncos look at signing Smith or some other QB to start? Is this really just about getting Manning or finding a new QB?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #596
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It also makes me nervous how he's willing to tell anybody who will listen that his ministry comes before everything else, including football.
This would be true of any Christian. Including me.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #597
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Nah. I could have sat on the information, I suppose. I've done that before when receiving a juicy tip. But there's no reason to just stir things up for the sake of stirring things up. Things are plenty stirred as it is. I posted it because I trust the source, and I believe that its true. I'm just trying to make sense of this whole thing like anyone else is. I'll let everybody else decide for themselves.
It's exactly what you wanted. All this does is draw attention now to Tebow perhaps being an a-hole after all. It's a part of a discussion that hasn't happened around here really. Everything has been negative from Elway on down to Manning. Now here you come with your so-called source that Tebow is pissed and is going to demand a trade.

You guys and your sources, I swear.


I have a source that is telling me that if the Broncs don't aquire Manning, then come next year, Bowlen is going to fire the whole lot of EFX, and bring back McDaniels after he once again wins another SB with NE.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #598
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,412

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

And now this from Klis:


Trade market would be strong for Tebow
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...g-tebow/12599/
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #599
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It also makes me nervous how he's willing to tell anybody who will listen that his ministry comes before everything else, including football.
wrong
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #600
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
This would be true of any Christian. Including me.
It doesn't make me nervous when you say it.

Of course, that's because you're not the #1 QB of the Broncos.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Denver Broncos