The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #501
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Okay.

There really isn't many. Clowns like you just want to believe it's more, the rest are just Bronco fans who are excited about what Tebow brings to the table.
I love listening to one of them try to tell me there aren't many.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #502
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Okay.

There really isn't many. Clowns like you just want to believe it's more, the rest are just Bronco fans who are excited about what Tebow brings to the table.
he brings a great atitude,a strong desire to win but being a starter in the NFL is not a popularity contest. I'm sure there has been hundreds of QBs drafted that had great attitudes & strong desires to win but simply were not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #503
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
he brings a great atitude,a strong desire to win but being a starter in the NFL is not a popularity contest.
Yeah, it's about winning games.

Speaking about winning games....
Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #504
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver View Post
Cool and congrats but why should anyone believe you one this, not trying to be rude but your throwing out a bold post with no real proof??
No offense, but TJ and this site had some very good sources over the years. There is a reason, that Broncos Media PR staff gave some of the members press pass for training camp. There is creditability behind this report if TJ believes his source.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #505
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Remember guys, the Mark Sanchez/Carson Palmer/Philip Rivers of the world are who you want at QB. Players you will use top 10 draft picks on at QB.

Then you step back and see that Tebow beat them all, almost consecutively this year.

We're going in reverse this offseason.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #506
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I love listening to one of them try to tell me there aren't many.
Yep.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #507
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56 View Post
True but Tebow is still learning and developing, much like all young NFL Qb's that are trying to transition from college to the NFL. His learning curve is greater I understand that, but most teams that have inexperienced QB's water down the playbook until they get their feet under them.

Hell, Jake Plummer was a ten year veteran and had to have the playbook adapted to be successful. Tebow has only started 20 or so Games!!
Which is why Jake was never going to win a SB, unless the team he was on had an amazing defense, and a great running game.

As far as Tebow goes, people think he can learn to "throw better." That doesn't happen at this level. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it, and he isn't going to learn it. You can't teach skill at that level. He had time to develop it.. which was in peewee, HS, college, and so on. He is not going to suddenly learn how to throw accurately or quickly read defenses and make a fast throw in a single offseason.. or even in 10 seasons. His style is what it is - and either a team has to accept it and build around it (which we did to some degree last year), or get rid of the guy.

Consider Elway, who people said Tebow was like... but which isn't really the case. Elway had a very accurate, very fast release. He could do some scrambling (i.e. running for his life), but his learning curve was more along the lines of what you get from a skilled yet green rookie - missing reads, trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL game, learning how to audible and read defenses, etc. Stuff you CAN correct over time. They had the skills, they needed time to fit them into the NFL. Tebow does not have those skills, and he never will.

Cam Newton is another great example. His team did not do great - and Cam had rookie issues. But he was amazing passing the ball, and as he learns to be an NFL QB, his #'s and wins will shoot up. He actually has the QB skills Tebow lacks.

Imo, Tebow is in what is now a very physical league. Not good news for a running QB. He was hurt twice in his first full year. Proves no matter how tough you are, you can still get hurt. And he is asking for a career ending injury, with all the running he does.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #508
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
Which is why Jake was never going to win a SB, unless the team he was on had an amazing defense, and a great running game.

As far as Tebow goes, people think he can learn to "throw better." That doesn't happen at this level. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't have it, and he isn't going to learn it. You can't teach skill at that level. He had time to develop it.. which was in peewee, HS, college, and so on. He is not going to suddenly learn how to throw accurately or quickly read defenses and make a fast throw in a single offseason.. or even in 10 seasons. His style is what it is - and either a team has to accept it and build around it (which we did to some degree last year), or get rid of the guy.

Consider Elway, who people said Tebow was like... but which isn't really the case. Elway had a very accurate, very fast release. He could do some scrambling (i.e. running for his life), but his learning curve was more along the lines of what you get from a skilled yet green rookie - missing reads, trying to catch up to the speed of the NFL game, learning how to audible and read defenses, etc. Stuff you CAN correct over time. They had the skills, they needed time to fit them into the NFL. Tebow does not have those skills, and he never will.

Cam Newton is another great example. His team did not do great - and Cam had rookie issues. But he was amazing passing the ball, and as he learns to be an NFL QB, his #'s and wins will shoot up. He actually has the QB skills Tebow lacks.

Imo, Tebow is in what is now a very physical league. Not good news for a running QB. He was hurt twice in his first full year. Proves no matter how tough you are, you can still get hurt. And he is asking for a career ending injury, with all the running he does.
great post.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #509
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Alfred Williams

“@swtlou2121: @dmac1043 is Tebow the best option for the broncos. And can you answer from an objective point of view” No he can't

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 03-18-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #510
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56 View Post
Regardless of what we think of Tebow the NFL version, he has maximized his opportunities by leading this team to seven straight wins and a playoff victory, he's a winner and gets it done and thats why there is an argument.
That argument is there to be made. The team did start winning, for a bit. I still think it is basically the same result as the 2009 streak. Denver went to conservative, no mistake offense, and solid scoring defense. Evidenced by the 15 points per game Denver allowed during the 6 game streak this season (not 7, we had a couple blowouts that broke it up).

The QB: too much blame....and to much praise
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #511
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post

This is bull****. You don't learn to throw better? Steve Young, Plunket, Testeverde, Gannon, among others, they didn't improve over their careers after washing out early? You get better with game experience. You get better with more practice reps in the league and working with coaches. Hell, Kyle Orton threw a completion percentage of 46% in his first season starting yet McDaniels hailed him as a great throwing QB just a few years later. Did he not improve over his time in the league? Dumb thinking. Uninformed at least. When you have a young QB, you sure as hell better have some check down options to throw to... a great TE in the middle of the field... a safety valve running out of the backfield. Did Tebow have either of those options? No. He had a predictable offense and only threw in the most obvious situations to three, slower possession WR's who lack the ability to get separation. Who will succeed doing that?

Hugely ignorant statement. Tebow can get better but he does have a longer way to go. Will the organization support doing that for him? If so, we better start adding some talent around him to throw to. If not, Elway needs to have some balls and just cut bait on this topic as it's getting the fan-base restless.

Last edited by bpc; 03-18-2012 at 09:10 AM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #512
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

21 pages on another light rail rumor. Well done Mane, you never disappoint.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #513
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
he brings a great atitude,a strong desire to win but being a starter in the NFL is not a popularity contest. I'm sure there has been hundreds of QBs drafted that had great attitudes & strong desires to win but simply were not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.
You are simply a stupid ****. 16 games..............open your damn brain up................How many basically rookies lit it up ?

HOW MANY BASICALLY ROOKS TOOK THEIR TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS AND WON ?

SHUT up you fool !!!!!!!!!
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #514
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Source: I don't buy this.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #515
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Well how is everyone today, feelin good?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #516
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Well how is everyone today, feelin good?
Good breakfast this morning. Bracket is destroyed but, overall, I'm alright. And you?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #517
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

COOPER!!!COOPER!!!COOPER!!!
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #518
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Good breakfast this morning. Bracket is destroyed but, overall, I'm alright. And you?
I am good, Catching up on this gem!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #519
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

BTW, good for the Titans to contact Hasselbeck: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-manning-chase

Klis reported in an interview last week the Broncos have not spoken with Tebow or his people.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #520
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I am good, Catching up on this gem!
You read this thing? I just post random crap at odd intervals. I call it my OM tourettes.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #521
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Source: I don't buy this.
Yeah, I'd be stunned if Tebow demanded a trade. It doesn't seem like his style.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #522
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The Plot Thickens...Harbaugh, Peyton may not be an ideal fit

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT

The Peyton chase stands at three teams. Assuming that the Broncos, Titans, and 49ers each have put equivalent offers on the table, the question becomes identifying the best overall fit for the future Hall of Famer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #523
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

My sources say that after Tebow heard of Manning being chased by Denver -- that Tim forced his way to third base with three differfent women on ColFax.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #524
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yeah, I'd be stunned if Tebow demanded a trade. It doesn't seem like his style.
It may not be his style, but it sure as hell is his agent's style.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #525
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
BTW, good for the Titans to contact Hasselbeck: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-manning-chase

Klis reported in an interview last week the Broncos have not spoken with Tebow or his people.
Man our FO is miserable.