The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #476
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'm sorry. I just don't get the whole "we didn't draft him so we have to get rid of him" idea.

So if Josh had drafted Joe Montata or Aaron Rogers......would EFX want to get rid of them too, simply because they weren't "their guys"?

Stupid.
Alas, Tim Tebow for all his good assets is a far cry from Joe Montana and Aaron Rogers! Were that he was in their league as a poised and accurate passer, there would never have been a Manning hunt at all , nor any debate at all over who was starting for us.'

Just stating the honest facts here.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #477
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'm sorry. I just don't get the whole "we didn't draft him so we have to get rid of him" idea.

So if Josh had drafted Joe Montata or Aaron Rogers......would EFX want to get rid of them too, simply because they weren't "their guys"?

Stupid.
It happens all the time. But as I have stated, if a team does not have an established QB in place, then they look for their own. The Broncos did not have an established QB on the team when Fox and Elway took over the team and they want their guy and apparently it isn't Tebow.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #478
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56 View Post
Good for Tebow, I hope he can go somewhere and get the respect that he has earned thus far in his young NFL career. Its glaringly obvious through this franchise's repeated actions that its never going to happen here. They will continue to fill seats and make millions of his name while looking for a way to bail and holding the knife in his back.

everybody has their limits and the point where they will start fighting back and I dont understand how anyone would blame Tebow for this one??
I still don't see how Tebow has been treated poorly. Players as raw as he don't usually see the field as often as he has over his 1st 2 seasons, especially at the quarterback position. He has also had mixed results in the time he has gotten. Any other position in the game apparently it's okay to always look for that upgrade...but not in the case of Tim Tebow.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #479
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Any other position in the game apparently it's okay to always look for that upgrade...but not in the case of Tim Tebow.
It's not all about Peyton Manning though.

Find me another example of where the VP and head-coach have had to privately apologize to their starting (and winning) QB because of comments they've made to the media...

Go back and find Montrose's post, it's so much more than just trying to sign Manning.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #480
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I still don't see how Tebow has been treated poorly. Players as raw as he don't usually see the field as often as he has over his 1st 2 seasons, especially at the quarterback position. He has also had mixed results in the time he has gotten. Any other position in the game apparently it's okay to always look for that upgrade...but not in the case of Tim Tebow.
Mixed results? The bottom line is the team is 9-7 when is has been on the field the last couple of years, also winning a playoff game for the first time in 6 years, while the Bronco record has been 4-14 when he hasn't been on the field. Say what you wish about his mechanics, throwing motion, etc. but the team plays much better when he is playing. But Tebow wasn't the guy this regime drafted, so developing this QB isn't so important to them.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #481
db56
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Alas, Tim Tebow for all his good assets is a far cry from Joe Montana and Aaron Rogers! Were that he was in their league as a poised and accurate passer, there would never have been a Manning hunt at all , nor any debate at all over who was starting for us.'

Just stating the honest facts here.
EFX should have traded Tebow immediately if they allready knew he wasnt their guy. Instead they decided to go down this road of creating lie after lie to fill the stadium and their pocketbooks while disrespecting a young man that has done nothing but put up with their constant BS while continuing to do his best and take the high road..
db56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #482
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He's not going to demand it publicly, dude. Remember, this is a Cold War. I'm sure Tim and his team are smart enough to see just how ruthless this organization is. This is a PR war first and foremost. Tim will play the line perfectly in public and he'll kill them with kindness. Well Mr. Elway is a guy that is constantly trying to improve our team and he had a chance to get a HOFer, so anyone would have to go for that, God bless him. I'm just going to work hard and continue to get better. I really look forward to working with Coach McCoy and making alot of progress with my teammates, sir.

This is the approach that will make the FO squirm. Make them the bad guy. Tebow has an army of rank and file Denver area casual Bronco fan supporters who went to games and bought stuff when they otherwise woudlnt that Bowlen/Ellis prolly doesn't want to piss off. You think the old man and his butt buddy Ellis might sweat the loss of intere$t due to the loss of Tebow when there is nothing else there (i.e. manning went elsewhere)? No...EFX, the game's not over. From hell's heart, he'll stab at you...but it will be done in the most artful way. They can't hide behind "he's a drunk" this time.
Sorry, SoCal, but your view of the front office has become Gaffneyesque.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #483
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
If I am any QB, FA or draft pick that comes to Denver I would seriously wonder about the level of commitment I would receive; especially when the next shiny toy is out there for the taking.

Shady way to run a franchise. Repeat the last HC's mistakes. Sure way to win.

that's nothing to worry about. most if not all know tebow sucks at being a QB. they also understand the situation denver is in. Getting rid of tebow would allow us to bring in offensive weapons that would not have come if tebo was our QB.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #484
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Well, this can only be good news on the Manning front, at any rate. There is no doubt he wanted Tebow gone if he joined the team. This sort of guarantees it (although we were likely to trade Tebow anyway) - anything that might make Manning decide on Denver is a good thing. If he doesn't come to Denver, and Tebow is gone, I agree, it's a huge mistake on the part of the front office.

But I honestly don't know what Tebow expected. He is still virtually a rookie. He hardly lit up the scoreboard with his QBing. His "style" of play requires a team to COMPLETELY change the way they run their office. That's a huge sacrifice for any team, just because your QB is unable to play a standard game of NFL football.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #485
db56
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Regardless of what we think of Tebow the NFL version, he has maximized his opportunities by leading this team to seven straight wins and a playoff victory, he's a winner and gets it done and thats why there is an argument.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #486
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Quote:
EFX should have traded Tebow immediately if they allready knew he wasnt their guy. Instead they decided to go down this road of creating lie after lie to fill the stadium and their pocketbooks while disrespecting a young man that has done nothing but put up with their constant BS while continuing to do his best and take the high road..
They didn't lie. Don't you recall when Elway was pretty up front what he thought about the game? Hmm.. what happened. Oh yea.. fans and media raged at him for his "improper" comments not befitting someone in his position. So he reverted to the PC crap to make everyone happy.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #487
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver View Post
Who is this Taco John and why are we believing him?? He heard from someone lol..
Taco has the power to ban boob mojo ...... that is all you need to know
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #488
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
It's not all about Peyton Manning though.

Find me another example of where the VP and head-coach have had to privately apologize to their starting (and winning) QB because of comments they've made to the media...

Go back and find Montrose's post, it's so much more than just trying to sign Manning.
A list of rumor, leaks and hearsay? We have plenty of our own eye witness from cap that said that Tebow looked like the 3rd or 4th best QB in training camp. For all the rumor about #1 and #2, Quinn wasn't the one brought in at halftime against Miami. For all the rumors about how he was on a short chain....he started every game since.

Look at the posters we have on this forum. They were yelling about anti-tebow conspiracy literally from game one of his rookie season. QB drama about the most polarizing NFL figure in recent memory is a far more compelling story. Notice how nothing every came of any of those "reports."

The team rallied last year...that's great. I said it before though, the winning streak of 2011 was very reminiscent of the opening of 2009. I don't see Tebow as a savior. I like him, I want him to do well as a Bronco. That said, I don't think he's a very good QB yet, and may never be. I want the FO to be prepared for him not getting any better, and I want Tebow to recognize that Denver was laughed at for making him a 1st rounder. He isn't the golden boy in the NFL that he was in college, and he is going to have to continue to fight and improve because in the big leagues people are always looking to get better. He isn't locked in as the starter after 2 seasons? Cry me a river, or maybe talk to Brady Quinn, there's a guy that never got a fair shot.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #489
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
get over yourself,Elway always said their were certain areas where he would have to improve on,such as his 3rd down conv. rate. he didn't improve.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #490
db56
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
Well, this can only be good news on the Manning front, at any rate. There is no doubt he wanted Tebow gone if he joined the team. This sort of guarantees it (although we were likely to trade Tebow anyway) - anything that might make Manning decide on Denver is a good thing. If he doesn't come to Denver, and Tebow is gone, I agree, it's a huge mistake on the part of the front office.

But I honestly don't know what Tebow expected. He is still virtually a rookie. He hardly lit up the scoreboard with his QBing. His "style" of play requires a team to COMPLETELY change the way they run their office. That's a huge sacrifice for any team, just because your QB is unable to play a standard game of NFL football.
True but Tebow is still learning and developing, much like all young NFL Qb's that are trying to transition from college to the NFL. His learning curve is greater I understand that, but most teams that have inexperienced QB's water down the playbook until they get their feet under them.

Hell, Jake Plummer was a ten year veteran and had to have the playbook adapted to be successful. Tebow has only started 20 or so Games!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #491
Premier-Ace55
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Okay this may have been mentioned and if it has just let me know i'll go back and look for it in the thread but if he plans on asking for a trade regardless of the outcome and if it is about more than Denver pursuing Peyton Manning why doesn't just ask them now? Why wait?
Premier-Ace55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #492
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiiiick View Post
I hear this a lot. Just how many TT fans are like this on here? 2 or 3? Most Tebow fans on here seem very well informed, like entertaining football and the hope of winning. It's sad a few vocal idiots get to rep the whole majority.
they are all practically the same.....

anyone who says anything remotely negative about tim tebow is labeled as an idiot, a moron.... all you have to do is look at the front page of this forum..... and check the authors of the threads blasting the FO because they are pursuing a hall of fame quarterback...... or because they didn't fully commit to tim tebow 100 percent..... or because they started another quarterback in front of tim tebow.

And while it might be fine and dandy to have a critical opinion of the front office, just read every response to anyone who says anything remotely critical of tim tebow.

I guarantee you that if you were to ask people how many times they were negatively repped because they said something critical about tim tebow, you would have a hell of a lot more than if you ask how many people were negatively repped on here for practically anything else.

ask tj about the number of posters he's had to be banned from this place because of something that they've done or said because somebody else did not agree them about the greatness of tim tebow..... we even had one nut bag wish that john elway and john fox would die in a plane crash.... another one that wanted to take a crowbar to kyle orton's knees....or skull. they have trashed practically every team mate of tebow's, have made some of the most awful claims that tebow is better than drew brees, aaron rodgers, john elway, tom brady and evidamdently peyton manning too.....

basically, if they have a tim tebow avatar, have joined this site after tim tebow became a bronco, currently live in florida specifically the jacksonville florida area, then I would definitely question their loyalty to the broncos.

but like I said, the ironic thing is, a lot of people love tim tebow, we just hate his nuthugging fans
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #493
db56
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
get over yourself,Elway always said their were certain areas where he would have to improve on,such as his 3rd down conv. rate. he didn't improve.
Get over myself? It takes time to become great son, it doesnt happen overnight.

most of you all are delusional and forget where we had to come from to get into the postseason in the first place. a group of spoiled brats, always looking over the fence at the green pasture on the other side....
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #494
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I was contacted tonight by a source who I used to talk to regularly, but haven't heard from in awhile. He's a guy who had given me some good information in the past, and I fully trust the information he's relayed to me tonight.

To cut straight to the point, he's told me that information he's received today says that regardless of how this Manning situation turns out, Tebow will be asking for a trade once the dust clears and Manning has made a decision. He's not asking to go to a specific team, and he does not require a starting role. The source says that he's disappointed that the Broncos are not showing any confidence in him, and he's being advised that he'd be better off in another organization.

The source says Tebow is currently being tight-lipped about this - he's wanted to go public but his advisors have told him to wait until the smoke clears on the Manning situation.

Story is clearly developing...
Tom Condon rules the world. Once the Manning ****storm is put to bed, Tom can raise a new ****storm.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #495
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
basically, if they have a tim tebow avatar, have joined this site after tim tebow became a bronco, currently live in florida specifically the jacksonville florida area, then I would definitely question their loyalty to the broncos.
Like all four of them?

People like TGN just use Broncbow etc. to try and justify their personal hatred of Tebow and it's a load of bull****.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #496
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Get over myself? It takes time to become great son, it doesnt happen overnight.

most of you all are delusional and forget where we had to come from to get into the postseason in the first place. a group of spoiled brats, always looking over the fence at the green pasture on the other side....
you're delusional if thought tebow was going to be great.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #497
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Like all four of them?

People like TGN just use Broncbow etc. to try and justify their personal hatred of Tebow and it's a load of bull****.
Exactly!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #498
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Beat me to it.
Ha Ha Ha.....you moonlighting Taco?
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #499
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Like all four of them?

Alot more than four, my friend.....a lot more.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #500
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Alot more than four, my friend.....a lot more.
Okay.

There really isn't many. Clowns like you just want to believe it's more, the rest are just Bronco fans who are excited about what Tebow brings to the table.

EDIT: LMAO TGN.

Last edited by KO5K; 03-18-2012 at 08:44 AM..