The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #301
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

At this point I might ask for a trade until Elway and the rest are removed. ****ing idiots the lot of them.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #302
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One for the Broncos Historians.....

Irsay Elway ?
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #303
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Cutler did enough on his own in public and private to assassinate his own character. But even if all of your accusations are true, you answer the call because that is what grown ups do. That's what men do. That's what businessmen do.

The most disturbing (unconfirmed) information out there from this Manning thing is not the fact that the Broncos went after him. It is not even the fact that they are probably not going to get him.

The most disturbing (unconfirmed) information out there is that they didn't level with their quarterback before they began their pursuit. I would hope that they had the professional courtesy to tell him that he was going to hear some stuff and gave him their reasons why.

Of course, like I said, we have no idea that conversation didn't take place. And even if t didn't, the second most disturbing (unconfirmed) information would be an overreaction from Tebow requesting a trade.
Best post on this thread so far.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #304
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
BINGO!!

...and another one figures it out.
I said that in 2009 on denverbroncos.com and my IP address was banned 2 minutes after dropping the post.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #305
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Yup, It's a crying shame but I'd have to agree especially considering the last few weeks. It's playing out a lot like the McD schism w/ Cutler. Everyone was to blame on that one, this one is totally on the EFX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
For the few posters I saw saying they'd lose respect for Tim or saying he's being a baby (assuming the report is true) or comparing this to Cutler. My two points would be:

1) It's in any player's right to request a trade. There's a respectful way to do it and a non-respectful way. If Tim does request one, we'll see how he does so.

2) For the, "Why is he so upset they went after a future HoF QB?" crowd - I highly doubt that's the only reason he would request a trade. Consider this brief timeline possibly from Tim's point of view of some of the events made public:

* Elway takes the job, immediately begins the "Tim's a good player but we need to make him a QB" mantra.

* Within weeks on the job, Elway has to shoot down trade rumors after an interview with Peter King.

* Camp opens, and a Broncos source leaks he's the 4th best QB there and (I believe) he'd be cut if you didn't see the name on the jersey.

* He gets minimal-time in a preseason game. Yes, a 1st round QB in his 2nd year who everyone knows needs tons of reps can't get burn in a game that doesn't count.

* He clearly outplays Quinn in the final preseason game leading Fox to not name a #2 QB and the official team site lists them as Co-#2 QBs.

* Fox and Elway begin the mantra that Orton gives the team the best chance to win.

* Tebow gets thrown in after 1-4 start, rallies against the Dolphins for a win. Next week he plays poorly against Detroit and reports begin the team is ready to pull him the next week for Quinn. Elway confirms via his radio show before and after the game a change was ready. Tebow, however, has one of his best games in the win over Oakland.

* Through the win streak Fox tells a reporter if Tim were in a regular offense, "he'd be screwed."

* A few wins later, following the Jets win and infamous study of Elway's facial reactions; the even more infamous "Ummmm, No." response to Gary Miller from Elway.

* Through the winning streak, Elway and company take public visits to see Luck, RG3, Foles and I believe Barkley.

* Heading into the franchise's first playoff game since 2005-2006, more rumblings he could be replaced for Quinn including talk of a 3rd down "Quinn Package"

* After winning the franchise's first playoff game in years, the entire team (including Tim) struggles in the loss at New England. At the season ending press conference he gets the whopping vote of confidence that he's earned the right to enter camp as the starter.

* Workouts and interviews with projected late 1st/early 2nd round QBs made more public than players at any other positions.

* Broncos immediately jump out very publicly in their pursuit of Manning (opposed to say, SF who kept things very quiet). Words like "desperate" are leaked of how badly they want Manning.

* The rest of free agency is put on hold essentially in hopes of landing Manning, to the point not one offensive free agent who could potentially help Tim has come in for a visit. All the while, per reports Tim has not even been contacted through the process.

* Elway goes official in the team's pursuit of Manning via his Twitter page which then finds its way to the Broncos official website. Yes, official team-owned media that won't so much as comment on a transaction until its been approved by the league office made its lead story the pursuit of another QB.

Now taking all that into account, I could certainly see why Tim's people may believe itís in his best interest for him to get to another organization. Honestly, I probably would advise him to.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #306
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
We need to upgrade our FO. I hear Millen is available.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #307
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Vince Young's still available.

OR even David Garrard, how about the 2 skinners GROSSman or Beck
Believe it or not, the skins resigned Grossman.
orange crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #308
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Hahahaha. Reading more of this thread, I've realized how bat **** crazy most of you are. The reason the Broncos have any cache in the NFL is because the had an all time great in the QB position for 16 yrs. THE ONLY REASON. And now people are ready to throw I. The towel on him because he's...chasing an all time great QB...

****ing /facepalm
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #309
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Yeah, this wont ruin elways legacy. No one will give a **** about this in a few years. Michael Jordan has been an epic fail as a GM/owner, but hes still michael jordan. I don't mind Elway taking a chance on PM, I'd have done the same. But having no contingency plan is a lil dumb
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #310
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
For the few posters I saw saying they'd lose respect for Tim or saying he's being a baby (assuming the report is true) or comparing this to Cutler. My two points would be:

1) It's in any player's right to request a trade. There's a respectful way to do it and a non-respectful way. If Tim does request one, we'll see how he does so.

2) For the, "Why is he so upset they went after a future HoF QB?" crowd - I highly doubt that's the only reason he would request a trade. Consider this brief timeline possibly from Tim's point of view of some of the events made public:

* Elway takes the job, immediately begins the "Tim's a good player but we need to make him a QB" mantra.

* Within weeks on the job, Elway has to shoot down trade rumors after an interview with Peter King.

* Camp opens, and a Broncos source leaks he's the 4th best QB there and (I believe) he'd be cut if you didn't see the name on the jersey.

* He gets minimal-time in a preseason game. Yes, a 1st round QB in his 2nd year who everyone knows needs tons of reps can't get burn in a game that doesn't count.

* He clearly outplays Quinn in the final preseason game leading Fox to not name a #2 QB and the official team site lists them as Co-#2 QBs.

* Fox and Elway begin the mantra that Orton gives the team the best chance to win.

* Tebow gets thrown in after 1-4 start, rallies against the Dolphins for a win. Next week he plays poorly against Detroit and reports begin the team is ready to pull him the next week for Quinn. Elway confirms via his radio show before and after the game a change was ready. Tebow, however, has one of his best games in the win over Oakland.

* Through the win streak Fox tells a reporter if Tim were in a regular offense, "he'd be screwed."

* A few wins later, following the Jets win and infamous study of Elway's facial reactions; the even more infamous "Ummmm, No." response to Gary Miller from Elway.

* Through the winning streak, Elway and company take public visits to see Luck, RG3, Foles and I believe Barkley.

* Heading into the franchise's first playoff game since 2005-2006, more rumblings he could be replaced for Quinn including talk of a 3rd down "Quinn Package"

* After winning the franchise's first playoff game in years, the entire team (including Tim) struggles in the loss at New England. At the season ending press conference he gets the whopping vote of confidence that he's earned the right to enter camp as the starter.

* Workouts and interviews with projected late 1st/early 2nd round QBs made more public than players at any other positions.

* Broncos immediately jump out very publicly in their pursuit of Manning (opposed to say, SF who kept things very quiet). Words like "desperate" are leaked of how badly they want Manning.

* The rest of free agency is put on hold essentially in hopes of landing Manning, to the point not one offensive free agent who could potentially help Tim has come in for a visit. All the while, per reports Tim has not even been contacted through the process.

* Elway goes official in the team's pursuit of Manning via his Twitter page which then finds its way to the Broncos official website. Yes, official team-owned media that won't so much as comment on a transaction until its been approved by the league office made its lead story the pursuit of another QB.

Now taking all that into account, I could certainly see why Tim's people may believe itís in his best interest for him to get to another organization. Honestly, I probably would advise him to.
Great post Montrose
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #311
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, this wont ruin elways legacy. No one will give a **** about this in a few years. Michael Jordan has been an epic fail as a GM/owner, but hes still michael jordan. I don't mind Elway taking a chance on PM, I'd have done the same. But having no contingency plan is a lil dumb
its almost beyond no contingency, its there was no other offseason plan other than peyton manning and i guess mike adams.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #312
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Im a huge Tebow Supporter, but if he wants out after the Manning thing than **** him. I love Tebow, but not more than the Broncos.

I doubt the original source, because I don't believe Tebow will start for any other team. If he askes for a trade, then we will find a replacement. This is getting out of control, and I can't wait until August to see who our team actually is.

Last edited by cmhargrove; 03-17-2012 at 09:20 PM..
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #313
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Hahahaha. Reading more of this thread, I've realized how bat **** crazy most of you are. The reason the Broncos have any cache in the NFL is because the had an all time great in the QB position for 16 yrs. THE ONLY REASON. And now people are ready to throw I. The towel on him because he's...chasing an all time great QB...

****ing /facepalm
It's not that he's chasing him it is that he has sucked doing it. Well, he should have stuck to his guns and built the team around the core pieces and improved select positions through FA but once you decide to make this play they should have had their **** in order...they didn't. If they want a lesson in how to,go after a FA like Manning they should watch sf. But our guys are slapstick amateurs and it shows.

This was a bad idea from day one for a multitude of reasons, most of which are coming true.
RaiderH8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #314
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
its almost beyond no contingency, its there was no other offseason plan other than peyton manning and i guess mike adams.
This Mike Adams better have like eleventeen interceptions next year.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #315
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Take a bow Montrose!
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #316
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Can't really blame him. Walk a mile in his shoes...he's done everything they asked of him and more importantly he's kept his mouth shut during this whole drama filled week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Let me start off by saying I said "If this were true"

Its a business hes a 3rd year QB, he succeeded in a option based run first offense. Of course he hasn't come out publicly. We had a great season with him as a team, but he still has to prove he can run a pro style offense. Not every year is Peyton Manning a FA, get over it Tim same thing is happening to Alex Smith and Jake Locker as well. Just because we are scouting QBs in the 2nd-3rd round means were nervous about Tim not that we want to get rid of him.

You are really letting your hatred for Bowlen blind you. Come on man these are some conspiracy theories. This is the same crap Skip Base-less is spewing. All I hear about Tebow is that hes thick skinned so if what Taco is actually saying that changes my mind about him being thick skinned. Its Peyton Manning, if we dont get him Tebow is the starter going into camp. If we get him he should just keep his mouth shut and learn behind Peyton because its going to help him in his career.

If the rumor is true that Tebow is going to ask out of the Broncos even if we don't get Manning, that really speaks a lot to his true character especially if he does it behind the scenes through his camp. Tebow has always let his camp run his career. Who knows if this was his idea or his brother's idea or his greedy sports agency.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #317
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

Even if all the rumors cited are true, you can not deny that his best chance to start next year, right now, is still in Denver.

They are his current team. They are the only team that has proved they are willing to change their offense for him, and already have a package in place. They are an organization that currently has nobody to replace him, and without him would be in the worst shape at the position in the league. They have a fan base in which the majority loves him and are willing to forgive his growing pains.

It would be insane to want out or to ask for a trade in the current situation. There isn't a better situation in the league for him right now unless he truly wants to sit on the bench and rot.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #318
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

It's St Patty's day, this thread is only getting started
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #319
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

There is no way you can lose!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #320
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Great post, you stated it better than me who has been saying essentially the same thing for a week. I hope those that kept saying I don't know what Tebow feels take a good look at your post.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #321
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

Agree 100%
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #322
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

My sources say TJ is trying to stir the pot.
orange crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #323
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

Facts.

They're sometimes uncomfortable.

Good stuff as usual, Raj. They basically took a **** on him at every oppurtunity. That's fine...we'll see who's laughing in the end, EFX. Douchebags.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #324
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post

****ing /facepalm
One ****ing difference.

He and the rest of our FO has done jack ****ing **** to improve this team with 40 mill on cap.

Our competition is signing people to complement Manning.

What the **** is preventing us from doing this?

We could have had a stud RT to bump Franklin to LG and now he's a Chief.
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #325
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Yep. Not bad for a guy who didn't have an offseason and still hasn't started a full season's worth of games. I'd be pissed (and as a Bronco fan I am). Great post
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote