The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #276
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Has anyone got a picture of Bowlen in the draft room last year? WOW
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #277
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Tebow leaving is the best possible thing that could happen to this team. We're not going to win many games next season with him at QB anyways. Feel free to speed the whole process up (and take the whiny cry-babies who support him with him).
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #278
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
what could you expect... we have JDR to greet them at the airport and give them a tour of the facility...
Sending JDR and the interns sends a solid signal.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #279
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

"I love the smell of innuendo in the morning, you know one time we had a Tebow wants to be traded thread, 12 pages long. When it was all over I walked up, we didn't find one of them, not one stinking link. Smell, that smell, smells like... Victory."

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #280
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

DMac from 104.3 is saying that this is bs. Someone from the mane must have tweeted at him about it.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #281
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont know about you, but Id rather tank the season than give Alex Smith and Hasselback money.
Didn't you just say the same thing twice?
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #282
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I've just realised as well, regardless of QB our 3rd WR now is either Jason Hill or Matthew Willis and people wanted rid of Eddie Royal.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #283
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
At this rate, all the Broncos can do is hope they can flip Tim for some ammunition in the draft since they botched free agency. The only DT's we have on the roster are injured and I don't think Bunkley's coming back and Thomas isn't someone you through a lot of money at -- but at this point it doesn't hurt to retain him.

Plus side of this could be that if we can't bring in any DT's -- we are forced into drafting one early. I'd say at this rate two would need to be drafted but who the **** knows whats going on in Dovey DOwnerville.
You mean after they spend the #25 on a mid-low grade QB prospect?? I had high hopes of more defensive talent myself but now I can't see how they don't draft a QB with the #25.

But really, who knows Maybe that was the FO's goal.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #284
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
DMac from 104.3 is saying that this is bs. Someone from the mane must have tweeted at him about it.
I think he also tweeted he is drunk irish and ready to go, or close to that.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #285
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
This coming from the guy who has stated all along that Manning was coming here. So we'll hang on and see how much he knows Mon/Tues
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #286
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

We need to upgrade our FO. I hear Millen is available.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #287
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hey eddie happy paddys!
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #288
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbrugh View Post
Tebow and the patriots - lock it down.
wouldn't surprise me

...and he becomes a HOF QB in NE
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #289
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
This coming from the guy who has stated all along that Manning was coming here. So we'll hang on and see how much he knows Mon/Tues
not any more... look at his last tweets... dude is shedding tears! he actually thinks no way we get him... expects the titans to sign him up on monday.

But you are correct... not a credible source.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #290
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

A class team like Pittsburg might want him too
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #291
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Vince Young's still available.

OR even David Garrard, how about the 2 skinners GROSSman or Beck
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #292
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
A class team like Pittsburg might want him too
Harrison wants him.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #293
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

For the few posters I saw saying they'd lose respect for Tim or saying he's being a baby (assuming the report is true) or comparing this to Cutler. My two points would be:

1) It's in any player's right to request a trade. There's a respectful way to do it and a non-respectful way. If Tim does request one, we'll see how he does so.

2) For the, "Why is he so upset they went after a future HoF QB?" crowd - I highly doubt that's the only reason he would request a trade. Consider this brief timeline possibly from Tim's point of view of some of the events made public:

* Elway takes the job, immediately begins the "Tim's a good player but we need to make him a QB" mantra.

* Within weeks on the job, Elway has to shoot down trade rumors after an interview with Peter King.

* Camp opens, and a Broncos source leaks he's the 4th best QB there and (I believe) he'd be cut if you didn't see the name on the jersey.

* He gets minimal-time in a preseason game. Yes, a 1st round QB in his 2nd year who everyone knows needs tons of reps can't get burn in a game that doesn't count.

* He clearly outplays Quinn in the final preseason game leading Fox to not name a #2 QB and the official team site lists them as Co-#2 QBs.

* Fox and Elway begin the mantra that Orton gives the team the best chance to win.

* Tebow gets thrown in after 1-4 start, rallies against the Dolphins for a win. Next week he plays poorly against Detroit and reports begin the team is ready to pull him the next week for Quinn. Elway confirms via his radio show before and after the game a change was ready. Tebow, however, has one of his best games in the win over Oakland.

* Through the win streak Fox tells a reporter if Tim were in a regular offense, "he'd be screwed."

* A few wins later, following the Jets win and infamous study of Elway's facial reactions; the even more infamous "Ummmm, No." response to Gary Miller from Elway.

* Through the winning streak, Elway and company take public visits to see Luck, RG3, Foles and I believe Barkley.

* Heading into the franchise's first playoff game since 2005-2006, more rumblings he could be replaced for Quinn including talk of a 3rd down "Quinn Package"

* After winning the franchise's first playoff game in years, the entire team (including Tim) struggles in the loss at New England. At the season ending press conference he gets the whopping vote of confidence that he's earned the right to enter camp as the starter.

* Workouts and interviews with projected late 1st/early 2nd round QBs made more public than players at any other positions.

* Broncos immediately jump out very publicly in their pursuit of Manning (opposed to say, SF who kept things very quiet). Words like "desperate" are leaked of how badly they want Manning.

* The rest of free agency is put on hold essentially in hopes of landing Manning, to the point not one offensive free agent who could potentially help Tim has come in for a visit. All the while, per reports Tim has not even been contacted through the process.

* Elway goes official in the team's pursuit of Manning via his Twitter page which then finds its way to the Broncos official website. Yes, official team-owned media that won't so much as comment on a transaction until its been approved by the league office made its lead story the pursuit of another QB.

Now taking all that into account, I could certainly see why Tim's people may believe it’s in his best interest for him to get to another organization. Honestly, I probably would advise him to.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #294
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbrugh View Post
Hey eddie happy paddys!
same to you bro.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #295
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

DMac has been more up and down than a bi-polar person off their meds. He has flipped so many times.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #296
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
We are ignoring the Elephant in the room here folks. Clear set up at a run for Matt Hasselbeck.
This sounds like the most boring, pointless idea. 1) Hasselbeck football wont be fun. 2) He's good enough to win 5 games. Whats the point of signing some over the hill dude to run the team? I'd rather take a chance on somoene young and if its a complete ****show, then so be it. You start over the next year.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #297
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Or we sign Manning and tebow gets traded.....

Or Manning signs with Titans, we sign Hasselbeck, trade Tebow, draft QB.....

Or Manning signs with 49ers, we sign Smith, trade tebow....

Lots of scenarios.....best to just wait and see what happens before ya'll start finger pointing.
I'm just sitting here waiting for the famous final scene. I really don't thing anything good is gonna come out of all of this whether we sign PM or not. With SF coming in UTR it doesn't look good either way now....when will the curtain drop.......................
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #298
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Cutler did enough on his own in public and private to assassinate his own character. But even if all of your accusations are true, you answer the call because that is what grown ups do. That's what men do. That's what businessmen do.

The most disturbing (unconfirmed) information out there from this Manning thing is not the fact that the Broncos went after him. It is not even the fact that they are probably not going to get him.

The most disturbing (unconfirmed) information out there is that they didn't level with their quarterback before they began their pursuit. I would hope that they had the professional courtesy to tell him that he was going to hear some stuff and gave him their reasons why.

Of course, like I said, we have no idea that conversation didn't take place. And even if t didn't, the second most disturbing (unconfirmed) information would be an overreaction from Tebow requesting a trade.
How would TT requesting a trade be disturbing/overreaction? If I had the choice, I would not want to work for EFX. They don't take into consideration we were the 2nd worst team in the league before Tebow took over. We traded away our best WRs. Our D was decent against crappy offensive teams or teams with their best players hurt. Got killed against teams with too teir offenses. Our play calling was pathetic! This FO is a joke!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #299
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
EFX will cause this team to end their sell out streak. The issue, btw, was never Josh McDaniels... It has been Bowlen all along. Really about damn time he sells the team.

BINGO!!

...and another one figures it out.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #300
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
No, he has been very negative about our prospects all along, it has been Big Al that has been all confident.

I don't know how credible he is, but I would say he has more credible sources than any of us.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote