The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default Team wants to resign Joe Mays + Bunkley at Saints

7:49 pm According to the DP, Geno Hayes, Jameel McClain, and Marcus Trufant all visited Dove Valley today, where they were presumably hosted by Jack Del Rio in the absence of EFX™. All three players took physicals but will not sign contracts today; the article says the team would like to re-sign both Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

WHAT... THE... ****?

Am I missing something here or was Joe Mays nothing more than a big hit. Why the **** would we want to retain him. He has no future unless it's ST.

Also, Bunkley is getting poached by the Saints.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

CHEAPER
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

This FO/GM has made questionable decision after questionable decision FOR YEARS and most likely we're broke which is why we are chasing retreads. That's regardless of Peyton Manning. The process looks like an elementary school kid saving lunch money for a toy over days and weeks. That's been us in the FA market the past two/three years.

If we lose Bunkley who was a large reason for our success early on defense, it will just be another dagger in the back from this crappy FO we've had making decisions.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Joe Mays is alright. As a 3rd stringer.

The possibility of him starting a game for us again makes me vomit uncontrollably.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
This FO/GM has made questionable decision after questionable decision FOR YEARS and most likely we're broke which is why we are chasing retreads. That's regardless of Peyton Manning. The process looks like an elementary school kid saving lunch money for a toy over days and weeks. That's been us in the FA market the past two/three years.

If we lose Bunkley who was a large reason for our success early on defense, it will just be another dagger in the back from this crappy FO we've had making decisions.
I think I will be sick & po'd if this happens. And if the PM deal falls thru too, they shall be named the 3 stooges. Do they have a plan for anything
cabronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I think I will be sick & po'd if this happens. And if the PM deal falls thru too, they shall be named the 3 stooges. Do they have a plan for anything
yes, they have a plan. Just need to wait till next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to find out. Could be a little longer than that too, so just hold on and wait.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
yes, they have a plan. Just need to wait till next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to find out. Could be a little longer than that too, so just hold on and wait.
That sounds like something a Bowlen apologist has said for the past 2-3 years. Wait until next week, month, year.

When are we going to get some folks in the FO and ownership who have balls?

In fact, I wouldn't even mind that the FO says "**** YOU TIMMAY, we want a PASSING QB!" instead of pretending to throw on a Tebow jersey and a pom pom to keep the fans buying tickets and stabbing him in the back any time they can. If Elway had balls, he'd publicly move on from Tebow yet he'll keep up this cat n' mouse game where his words say one thing, his actions say another. I'm tired of these guys straddling the fence. The only reason they are propping up Tebow like this is because they fear a backlash in the stands and broke ass Bowlen can't afford that. Manning would be the perfect cover for getting rid of their problem having Tebow under center but not losing fans in the stands. It's hard for me to support decision makers of my team that lack integrity. It was the reason why I never got behind McDaniels.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
That sounds like something a Bowlen apologist has said for the past 2-3 years. Wait until next week, month, year.

When are we going to get some folks in the FO and ownership who have balls?

In fact, I wouldn't even mind that the FO says "**** YOU TIMMAY, we want a PASSING QB!" instead of pretending to throw on a Tebow jersey and a pom pom to keep the fans buying tickets and stabbing him in the back any time they can. If Elway had balls, he'd publicly move on from Tebow yet he'll keep up this cat n' mouse game where his words say one thing, his actions say another. I'm tired of these guys straddling the fence. The only reason they are propping up Tebow like this is because they fear a backlash in the stands and broke ass Bowlen can't afford that. Manning would be the perfect cover for getting rid of their problem having Tebow under center but not losing fans in the stands. It's hard for me to support decision makers of my team that lack integrity. It was the reason why I never got behind McDaniels.
This and if it was someone other than Elway, I'm sure a lot more would be saying the same!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic

They got a plan. Only sign 3rd stringers to starting positions so it keeps that payroll well below the competitive line. Value signings!

What exactly is Xander's even doing? He should've been flushed along with McD.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They got a plan. Only sign 3rd stringers to starting positions so it keeps that payroll well below the competitive line. Value signings!

What exactly is Xander's even doing? He should've been flushed along with McD.
I agree! Why did he need to go to NC?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I'm guessing he was there to handle the beer runs and stock the bar.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
He was the only one with Papa John's on speed dial..... and the discount coupons.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Like I keep saying...over, and, over again.

Bowlen is: BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP!!!!!!!!

They will not get Manning, because both the Titans and 49er's have better Organizations (period).

They will not sign anyone worth a turd in the offseason. Although, many on here will cheer them on, as they sign their predictable has-beens, and never-will-be's.

Bowlen needs to sell this team to an owner that still has the $$$ to compete at a high level.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

That's too bad that they want them to resign. It would be great if they re-signed them instead.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If the Broncos lose Bunkley, don't sign any starting quality players in FA, lose out on Manning, then I am on board with all the people who say Bowlen no longer cares to win.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Like I keep saying...over, and, over again.

Bowlen is: BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP, BROKE, CHEAP!!!!!!!!

They will not get Manning, because both the Titans and 49er's have better Organizations (period).

They will not sign anyone worth a turd in the offseason. Although, many on here will cheer them on, as they sign their predictable has-beens, and never-will-be's.

Bowlen needs to sell this team to an owner that still has the $$$ to compete at a high level.
If all that true, with all the rule changes making NFL football sort of lame, I can see me losing interest in the NFL. I have never really been into college but maybe its time.

I figured Denver was getting cap in order, once it was i figured we would spend and add some starters in FA. Its starting to look like it doesn't matter how much cap space Broncos have. They don't make moves now. SD, Oak, KC all making teams better, while Broncos sit around like they are the new Bengals.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If all that true, with all the rule changes making NFL football sort of lame, I can see me losing interest in the NFL. I have never really been into college but maybe its time.

I figured Denver was getting cap in order, once it was i figured we would spend and add some starters in FA. Its starting to look like it doesn't matter how much cap space Broncos have. They don't make moves now. SD, Oak, KC all making teams better, while Broncos sit around like they are the new Bengals.
McDaniels already put the cap in order for them. There wasn't some mountain of dead money waiting for Elway and co. like there was when Shanahan left. We were over 20 million under the cap last off-season carrying Orton's $9M salary and still did dick with it.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
KO5K

Quote:
If the Broncos lose Bunkley, don't sign any starting quality players in FA, lose out on Manning, then I am on board with all the people who say Bowlen no longer cares to win.
If Bowlen is willing to lay down $90 million for Manning, it's not his fault if the 3 dumbasses can't get Manning to sign here.

When we look back in a few weeks at this pathetic free agency those 3 incompetent a-holes will take the blame.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I liked your posts better when you quit the team during the McDaniels tenure. Your constant whining is annoying. Try quitting the team again, you'd save us all a lot of crappy posts.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I wonder if Steelers,Ravens, Packers fans b*tch a much as Broncos fans do when it comes to free agency. They are free for a reason people. Look at the Patriots last year, they tried to make a splash in fa last year and got burned by Ocho and Fat Albert. Don't see them doing any huge moves this year. You build championships through the draft. Obviously Manning is the big target, let's see what happens before we all anoint EFX a failure. We improved by 4 wins with them last year. I'm going to give them more than 15 minutes to try and build a championship team.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
I wonder if Steelers,Ravens, Packers fans b*tch a much as Broncos fans do when it comes to free agency. They are free for a reason people. Look at the Patriots last year, they tried to make a splash in fa last year and got burned by Ocho and Fat Albert. Don't see them doing any huge moves this year. You build championships through the draft. Obviously Manning is the big target, let's see what happens before we all anoint EFX a failure. We improved by 4 wins with them last year. I'm going to give them more than 15 minutes to try and build a championship team.
I doubt it since those teams are in the playoffs most every year since they know how to draft well for a decade and don't need many free agents to fill holes.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ditto!!!!
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Joe ****ing Mays? Really? We can't find anyone better than him?

Jesus Christ
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #24
halfback
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Was really hoping for McClain, and a serviceable DT, looks like efx had 1 plan, manning, and nothing if that fell through
halfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #25
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I liked your posts better when you quit the team during the McDaniels tenure. Your constant whining is annoying. Try quitting the team again, you'd save us all a lot of crappy posts.
Uh oh, call out the fan police again. I will never quit my team, i just don't support backstabbing douchebags who lack integrity or balls running my team into the ground. Maybe it says something about you that you do? Lack of football IQ?