The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
theStifmeister

Default waiting:how long is to long?

PM hasn't scheduled titans workout yet, and then I assume a week of bidding wars will go on. How long can we afford to wait?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Ronnie Tsunami

we can't afford to wait more than another week. if we sign him, the wait will be worth it.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The dude with the checkbook makes the rules...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
enjolras
Ring of Famer

It's never too long.

The only way we're a legitimate contender is to have someone like Peyton Manning at quarterback. Elway knows this. Anyone who really knows football knows this as well. You wait however long it takes. If it doesn't work out, you turn your attention to the draft and keep trying to build from there. Building a strong team is important, but none of it really matters until we finally find a real answer at the Quarterback position.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic

this could go on for another week or so depending if any of these "hidden" teams come out and throw their names in the mix..
Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
theStifmeister

I was hoping we'd take a look at LaRon Landry, peytons being a cockblock right now
Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

the bidding process started a week ago. you don't think PM wasn't getting bids all week long.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

They will sign him today or cut bait. They will make him an offer he can't refuse , and if he does refuse it or ask for more time then the sale never gets done.

Elway is a car salesman. The push today is to close the deal. Hes got the finance manager (Xanders), Service dept ( Fox) and everyone else needed
with him. If Manning doesn't sign today Elway knows he is looking at other models and brands and is going to leave the dealership without a contract.

This is about making the sale. The offer might be good till Sunday but there will be a short time limit..

and if Manning can't make up his mind this is really only about the money. Screw him.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
They will sign him today or cut bait. They will make him an offer he can't refuse , and if he does refuse it or ask for more time then the sale never gets done.

Elway is a car salesman. The push today is to close the deal. Hes got the finance manager (Xanders), Service dept ( Fox) and everyone else needed
with him. If Manning doesn't sign today Elway knows he is looking at other models and brands and is going to leave the dealership without a contract.

This is about making the sale. The offer might be good till Sunday but there will be a short time limit..

and if Manning can't make up his mind this is really only about the money. Screw him.
Yep. We're at the end of this auction. Only newbies and fools stand around raising bids by dollars. Fish or cut bait.

I believe this is why Elway took the whole crew. Sign, or don't sign.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

Great point. They brought with them others to talk contract as well and not see him throw the ball around. They would rather get a deal done today than wait for the Titans to be the last team to see him throw and talk contract after that. The last team would have an advantage.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I also think if we don't sign him today, it's over. A week of chasing is good enough. We've shown him everything we've got, and how badly we want him. If he's just doing this to have his ego stroked or drive the price up (I don't think either of those things is true), then it will continue into next week, but i think Elway walks away from the table before that happens.

Either way, I think it's over today.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I wouldn't be shocked at all if it's another full week before a decision.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Like Hyman Roth said, "I'm going to go take a nap. When I wake up, if there's a suitcase sitting on this table with two million dollars in it, I'll know I have a partner. If not, I'll know I don't."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #14
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
we can't afford to wait more than another week. if we sign him, the wait will be worth it.
For as far as I'm concerned, the wait has been too long already. I honestly hope Peyton signs with Tennessee. We saw just how it went for the Colts after the BS in his contract about taking all the first team practice snaps. His sabotage of, and the coaching staff's negligence about, his backups are the reason the Colts pick first this year.

Not to mention the massive unholy con job he also pulled on the Colts by signing the huge contract without telling them about the impending neck surgery.

If he signs with Denver, I'll still root for the team colors and organization, and I'll cheer for the happiness and success of all the other Broncos. But cheer for Peyton Manning?

Never.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
For as far as I'm concerned, the wait has been too long already. I honestly hope Peyton signs with Tennessee. We saw just how it went for the Colts after the BS in his contract about taking all the first team practice snaps. His sabotage of, and the coaching staff's negligence about, his backups are the reason the Colts pick first this year.

Not to mention the massive unholy con job he also pulled on the Colts by signing the huge contract without telling them about the impending neck surgery.

If he signs with Denver, I'll still root for the team colors and organization, and I'll cheer for the happiness and success of all the other Broncos. But cheer for Peyton Manning?

Never.
I'm not quite that ambivalent towards him , but I agree he is a class A a-hole.
If we give him significant jack ( over 18 mill yr) we are probably going to regret it. The pursuit should end today, and if it doesn't then our FO are idiots.

He may improve our chances , but I don't think it is nearly as much as most do.

And there are loyal current Broncos that are taking it up the rear for this jerks games. FO needs to stop and think about what that means too.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxlAK8oKgdE
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #17
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
joe9999
Solid Starter

Mortenson said he will likely sign next week. A lot has happened since ties were officially cut with the Colts. Manning wants the process to be thorough. That is why he chose to throw for the suitors. So the Broncos can build there defense through free agency while waiting.
joe9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I don't think signing Manning or not signing Manning has anything to do with the Broncos signing defensive FA's. Maybe it has something to do with offensive FAs, but not the defense...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I do wish the Broncos would sign Tolbert already...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I think the Saints will be in the running soon.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Round 5 of draft. All prior picks will time out! But it is all part of the plan!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #23
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think it will probably wrap up by next Tuesday.

By then, we should be able to re-sign our own free agents for a big discount, since it will be clear that no one wants them.

Edit: Nfl.com just reported that Manning has told teams he will decide by Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-16-2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

A week. Which it has been. Make the decision or get bent.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
Marshall Dumervil
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We're getting Favre'd.
Marshall Dumervil is offline   Reply With Quote