The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Tim Tebow surprises wounded Army Ranger

Even with everything going on, he knows football is just a game and that there are more important things in life. Hope he makes it in the league with us or without us...

http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/news...rticle=9884194
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Good for Timmy.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
MacGruder

While Elway, Fox and Manning were getting hammered and stroking their own egos...

Who do you trust on game day?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
While Elway, Fox and Manning were getting hammered and stroking their own egos...

Being a good person translates to preforming on gameday? Gotcha.

All sideshows aside (MacGruder) I'm glad to see Tebow doing these fundraisers. Especially for wounded vets.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

We can no longer have or promote this kind of behavior on the Denver Bronco's. I say release the kid and sign a new QB in the draft..... I hear Matt Linart can be had on the cheap.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Broncochica
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

It's funny with the way most posters are acting here, so sure Peyton's coming to Denver. Haha Don't count your chickens before they hatch is what I'm thinking lol
Broncochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Navy Broncos Fan

More great work by a great role model. Rare to find these days with so many sports stars having multiple children from multiple women and drunk driving, drugs, etc.

Good job Tim.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

If only Tebow would go out, get drunk, slap some women around, get a DUI.....then and only then would the Bronco front office really rally behind him to be the starter.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton Manning did so much charity work at a hospital in Indianapolis, they put his name on the effing building.

Tebow is a great kid, but he's not the only person in the NFL with a big heart.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Peyton Manning did so much charity work at a hospital in Indianapolis, they put his name on the effing building.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
MacGruder

Quote:

No one said anything about his charity work... I would just prefer that my franchise geriatric QB spend his time rehabbing rather than lubricating his nerves with booze.. same with the management being paid millions of dollars for the crap gameplan they put out last year and the botched Tebow-Orton fiasco.

Maybe if they had watched some Orton film instead of knocking them back telling old war stories the Broncos could have gotten past the Pats.

Remember all those games off Fox gave the team after wins last season? You think Bellichick sucked up and gave all those games off like Fox did? I wonder why one has multiple championships and the other doesn't...

All I'm saying is I bet Tebow has multiple championships for the same reason as Belli if anyone let's him get that chance.. a REAL chance... not a BS one like he got last year while being crucified..
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Whatever you tried to embed isn't showing up for me. I'm sure it's brilliant, just based on the poster.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No one said anything about his charity work... I would just prefer that my franchise geriatric QB spend his time rehabbing rather than lubricating his nerves with booze.. same with the management being paid millions of dollars for the crap gameplan they put out last year and the botched Tebow-Orton fiasco.

Maybe if they had watched some Orton film instead of knocking them back telling old war stories the Broncos could have gotten past the Pats.

Remember all those games off Fox gave the team after wins last season? You think Bellichick sucked up and gave all those games off like Fox did? I wonder why one has multiple championships and the other doesn't...

All I'm saying is I bet Tebow has multiple championships for the same reason as Belli if anyone let's him get that chance.. a REAL chance... not a BS one like he got last year while being crucified..
Not sure if you read the OP or not, but you should.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Whatever you tried to embed isn't showing up for me. I'm sure it's brilliant, just based on the poster.
Yeah, I've seen that happen before on this site sometimes. Don't know why. This embed's working fine for me. Here's the direct link

http://www.hulu.com/watch/11931/satu...traffic-school

Enjoy
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, I've seen that happen before on this site sometimes. Don't know why. This embed's working fine for me. Here's the direct link

http://www.hulu.com/watch/11931/satu...traffic-school

Enjoy
That must be the link to a video saying Tim Tebow is the ONLY charitable person in the NFL.

Either way, and I'm not sure you picked up on this before, you're full of ****.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncochica View Post
It's funny with the way most posters are acting here, so sure Peyton's coming to Denver. Haha Don't count your chickens before they hatch is what I'm thinking lol
Or your necks before they crack. I am in the minority, but I don't see Manning finishing the season no matter where he goes.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Just a class kid doing what he beleives in..

Mile High Salute to him..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Navy Broncos Fan

Oh I am sure Manning has done tons of great work. He is another great example of good role models. I was just pointing out that we had a great player and role model in the Broncos organization.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #19
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:

Ill take the guys trying to improve MY BRONCOS

Football is about Football

everything else is irrelevant in my eyes.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

Well in fairness to John and Peyton, they already know how to throw the ball pretty well, and accurately.

But all jokes aside, nobody gives Tim a ration of **** for having a big heart, and being the NFL's version of Mother Teresa....but like others have said, he's hardly the only player that gives back to those less fortunate or the injured....but he does seem to get alot of press when he does.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

Peyton. And from 83 for the following 16 seasons Elway.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #22
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Peyton. And from 83 for the following 16 seasons Elway.
Elway sucked so hard his first year he didn't even start in his first playoff game.

Let alone put up 300 beating the AFC champs. Shouldda dumped him and did a deal for Terry Bradshaw.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
Or your necks before they crack. I am in the minority, but I don't see Manning finishing the season no matter where he goes.
Sigh. How many times do I have to explain this before some of you catch on?

Doctors say the area of Peyton Manning's neck where two vertebrae were fused should be stronger than ever. That doesn't mean there won't be risks medically and monetarily for the NFL team that pays big bucks to sign the quarterback after he was released this week by the Indianapolis Colts.

Manning missed last season after the fusion surgery. He had had another surgery the previous May to fix a bulging disk. The fusion was to remedy a nerve problem that had weakened his right (throwing) arm.

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

Rick Sasso, an Indianapolis spine surgeon who, like Hsu, was not involved in Manning's treatment, agrees. "As long as the fusion was solid, that segment is very protected," he said.

Sasso says the surgery Manning had, known medically as a "single level anterior fusion," is common. He estimates he has performed about 1,500 of them.

"It's one of the most routine operations we do now as spine surgeons. We do it as an out-patient. Most out-patients go home about four hours after the operation is done,' Sasso said.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...lth/53424974/1
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #24
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
No one said anything about his charity work... I would just prefer that my franchise geriatric QB spend his time rehabbing rather than lubricating his nerves with booze.. same with the management being paid millions of dollars for the crap gameplan they put out last year and the botched Tebow-Orton fiasco...
That same plan booze by the ton, mismanagement with a crap gameplan and Tebow-Orton fiasco nearly got us to the AFC championship game so shut your mouth.

I'll have another another one of those please and this time make it a single malt on the rocks and maybe we get to the AFC Championship this time as long as Tebow doesn't sabotage us in the playoffs.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #25
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

It's kinda dusty in here. Great story, good for Timmy.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote