The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is more SURREAL to you?
P.Manning could very possibly become a Bronco in the next 48 hours 50 80.65%
Tebowmania in Denver could be over... this week 12 19.35%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default More surreal: Manning a Bronco or Tebowmania ending?

I got to thinking earlier today how amazing the story is that Manning could actually become the QB of the Broncos, unbelievable. Arguably the NFL's best and most well known player could be in orange and blue a year after signing the richest deal in league history to finish his career in Indy...

That led to me to thinking about Tebow- the story, the debate, the attention. Few, if any if us, really KNEW when his run in Denver would end. Some thought he would be the answer for a decade, others that he'd at least get another trial run in 2012, many that he'd be pulled at some point during the season and a few that he'd be benched during camp. But did anybody, anybody, think this thing could end so abruptly as the 2nd week in March? Before camp, before the draft, hell before free agency? The story of the league last year, over? Now?

So I ask, what is more surreal to you... that Manning could be a Bronco or Tebowmania could be over in Denver this week?
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Shananahan

Both mindblowing, but probably Manning. We all knew Tebow might not be the answer, and would have to prove himself this year. That it might be over this soon is a shock, but I could have predicted Tebow being replaced this offseason much easier than I could have predicted Manning would be playing for Denver.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
sinuous sausage

Definitely the fact that I wasn't born a girl. That **** is still surreal to me
Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Drunken.Broncoholic

I think tebow mania won't end. There will just be brand new jags jerseys being worn around town.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Both are strange! Tebow is getting the shaft, and Manning getting
whatever he wants apparently. If this happens anything less than the super bowl is a failure.

Bowlen eventually got tired of Shanahan saying we are only 1-2 players away,
and wasting his money. Now Elway is prepared to spend more than Shanny ever did. He will be writing his ticket away from the team, if it doesn't get a super bowl win soon.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think tebow mania won't end. There will just be brand new jags jerseys being worn around town.
Poll says 'in Denver'.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Now Elway is prepared to spend more than Shanny ever did. He will be writing his ticket away from the team, if it doesn't get a super bowl win soon.
I don't like all this 'Super Bowl win or total failure' nonsense.

They don't have to justify this move by winning the Super Bowl, they simply have to show that it does indeed improve the team to the level where they might be playing in one.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
Rolandftw

I think Tebow's days in Denver being over is very surreal to me. I still like a lot about the kid, and think he can become a good QB. Hope he gets a chance somewhere else to start. Definitely won't buy a Jags jersey of him or anything, if he does get dealt there
Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The end of Tebowmania is a little more surreal, at least for me. Certainly acquiring a player of Manning's caliber is astounding as well, although the thought that he could be a shell of his former self slightly lessens the effect of it, but I'd say the Tebow thing is tops. To go from the thrill of the Pittsburgh win, just the way the game played out and the way the whole season played out with all those unbelievable comebacks....and for him to just be dumped after that, that is surreal. I understand the risk they are taking and the tremendous upside they believe it may provide, but just the whole concept of this is surreal for me in a bothersome way.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post

They don't have to justify this move by winning the Super Bowl, they simply have to show that it does indeed improve the team to the level where they might be playing in one.
I get what you're saying with improving the team, but am willing to bet anything short of a Super Bowl win is a failure to Manning and to the Broncos organization (if of course, they do indeed sign Manning)
Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm not yet convinced that Tebow is going anywhere. I'm with Griese on this one - I think Denver holds onto him. I think Tebow offers a strategic asset that is worth exploiting.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

Yes, they do have to justify it with a SB. Just getting better in a two year window is a pretty weak benefit. Ok...so we were better for two years, so what? Now its over. It also kinda depends on what Tebow does. If he continues to develop and redefines the position, even if he remains rough around the edges from time to time, it will be a huge black mark even in comparison to say two years worth of playoff appearances and say maybe an AFCCG appearance. There is great risk here. The expectation is very high, its not just continuing to make the playoffs and win a playoff game. With all of our flaws and we had a ton of them last year, we did that last year.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

the offense was NOT good under tebow last year, but there was something so interesting and intriguing there, the fact that they rallied anyway to win games. guess i just wanted to see where that could lead to long term, with a guy like tebow at the helm. manning gives this team a far higher chance to win a superbowl this year and next year. tebow was fun to watch at times though.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I understand the risk they are taking and the tremendous upside they believe it may provide, but just the whole concept of this is surreal for me in a bothersome way.
This is where I'm at as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think Denver holds onto him. I think Tebow offers a strategic asset that is worth exploiting.
I want to believe he stays, but I don't see it.

What strategic asset are you talking about? I really doubt Manning's going to want to be coming off the field for Tebow near the goal-line, and the offense Manning is comfortable running isn't very conducive to gimmick plays involving Tebow.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
MacGruder

The real irony is that Tebowmania ended Tebowmania.. I highly doubt Manning would be interested in the Broncos if Tebow hadn't carried them out of the gutter the way he did and made them a national story... Elway and Fox would be a disaster right now and might already be on the hot seat.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

I was never really bothered by Tebowmania. I wanted to see him succeed. However, I wouldn't hate seeing Manning play from endzone seats for the next couple years either.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

What strategic asset are you talking about? I really doubt Manning's going to want to be coming off the field for Tebow near the goal-line, and the offense Manning is comfortable running isn't very conducive to gimmick plays involving Tebow.
2pt conversions and 3rd and goal are almost automatic with tebow at QB.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
MacGruder

Quote:

Manning wanted Tebow to back him up in Indy before Tebow was drafted. He said he would love Tebow converting 3rd downs for the Colts. Something to that effect..
Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Yes, they do have to justify it with a SB. Just getting better in a two year window is a pretty weak benefit. Ok...so we were better for two years, so what? Now its over. It also kinda depends on what Tebow does. If he continues to develop and redefines the position, even if he remains rough around the edges from time to time, it will be a huge black mark even in comparison to say two years worth of playoff appearances and say maybe an AFCCG appearance. There is great risk here. The expectation is very high, its not just continuing to make the playoffs and win a playoff game. With all of our flaws and we had a ton of them last year, we did that last year.

I think competing for a title is a benefit enough. Obviously the goal is to win it all, but I don't think "all is lost" if we don't actually win it. That's not to be permissive if we lose it - this all unfolds in real-time, with real time decisions happening - but I think the change in culture is worth pursuing over the long term, but only really pays off if the front office stays aggressive. I believe they will.

The best part of all of this is the message that Elway is sending the fans: we will do whatever we can to win a championship here.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
Definitely the fact that I wasn't born a girl. That **** is still surreal to me
Why? You a homo?

Manning coming to Denver is going to be huge. I know we got a ton of fans coming in just because of Tebow but if we sign Manning and keep Tebow, we will have the best of both worlds. Plus, we get TGN to come back!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Option 3: How amazing Broncos off-seasons have been for half a decade strong

^ Most surreal, imo
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Manning for sure. Suddenly a Top 10 All-Time QB - arguably the best passer ever (not named Steve Young) - a Bronco.

Just saw his 35 fourth quarter comebacks, 46 game-winning drives, does John have that many?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #24
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Option 3: How amazing Broncos off-seasons have been for half a decade strong

^ Most surreal, imo
No kidding. Who has more drama filled offseasons than we do?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Manning wanted Tebow to back him up in Indy before Tebow was drafted. He said he would love Tebow converting 3rd downs for the Colts. Something to that effect..
Really? Can you find a quote?
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote