The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Default Down to TWO TEAMS

I hate starting another thread but I thought this worth it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ls-sources-say

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, thhe sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Well, in that case, it's us. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind choosing Phoenix over Denver.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Well, in that case, it's us. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind choosing Phoenix over Denver.
When I retire, I might do just that.

Of course, I may be borderline senile by then.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
CEH
Ring of Famer

Would you rather play your brother in the Super Bowl or NFCCG game? Plus you know the defenses in the AFC. I like our chances
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I agree, although Arizona does have Fitz and they played well down the stretch last year.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Going to turn into quite the debacle if we don't land him. I wonder how much time Elway still plans on working with Tim this off season?
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

If you add in the speculation of him wanting to stay in the AFC and not impeding his brother's chances in the NFC, doesn't this point VERY strongly in Denver's favor?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

the cards have some very skilled skill position players, but not a lot of cap room. I read somewhere that Levi Brown could be a cap casualty to sign Manning. Their owner is a lot like Irsay and Manning's friends with Wisenhut.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #9
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Is there some particular reason that Tebow has to go if we sign Manning? He's too 'good' to sit for a couple years and learn how to play QB from 2 of the greatest all-time QB's? Huh?

Only reason I could see Tebow leaving would be if his trade value to Jacksonville is miraculously a 1st rounder. Other than that, let him sit and learn.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, thhe sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time
Really.. always the possibility another team jumps into the fray? Who writes this stuff and gets paid? Talk about writing a story that doesn't tell us something we don't know.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Is there some particular reason that Tebow has to go if we sign Manning? He's too 'good' to sit for a couple years and learn how to play QB from 2 of the greatest all-time QB's? Huh?
I keep seeing this post over and over (in different forms).

No, there's no good reason -- but the Broncos FO has strongly leaked that Tebow will be traded if they sign Manning. It may be wrong, it may be necessary, but Tebow time is over if they sing Manning.

Tebow's not "too good" for it -- he'll be a backup somewhere else if he's traded, most likely. That's just how it works.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
KevinJames
DT

btw I posted this same article in the big thread and updated my title before you posted this but oh well ITS MANNING so 2 threads is fine by me!

I will seriously question Manning's IQ if he picks Arizona over Denver. Here is why.

He suffered that injury thanks to a poor LT, Arizona has absolutely no O-line its worse than Indys was. We have a way better O-line.

Bottom line I guess if Manning likes getting sacked he will pick Arizona.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

To me, the only things that Arizona has going in its favor are Fitzgerald and a domed stadium.

Their offensive line is in shambles, and they don't have the cap room that Denver has to sign free agents.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #14
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

And to me, the team that jumps out as getting undersold by this article is Miami. What are the "indications" that they aren't as high on the list? If he's doing that visit, it will be last before Tuesday.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
They have one thing going for them. They know how to handle taking in an aging HoF QB (Warner) and outside of San Fran it's a **** division. Our cap space for obtaining his friends has to be a good sign though. They have to cut their ****ing left tackle just to be able to sign Manning.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
And to me, the team that jumps out as getting undersold by this article is Miami. What are the "indications" that they aren't as high on the list? If he's doing that visit, it will be last before Tuesday.
My only hope is this is Manning playing ultimate hardball with the Dolphins.

My suspicion is that really it's just Manning being afraid to compete with Brady. Which is confidence inspiring.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
KevinJames
DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
They have one thing going for them. They know how to handle taking in an aging HoF QB (Warner) and outside of San Fran it's a **** division. Our cap space for obtaining his friends has to be a good sign though. They have to cut their ****ing left tackle just to be able to sign Manning.
I would have to say AFC West is the ****tier division 49ers are a pretty damn good team now.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Yeah, but then PM has to hit the film room and learn all the teams he'll be facing. With the AFC, he doesn't have to do that. He already knows them. It would be like a pro golfer choosing a tour where he's played all the courses dozens of times, or a tour where he's not really familiar with the courses at all.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #19
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Niners are going to be good for a long time. Young offensive line and Patrick Willis
Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

"One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Broncos' advantages include Manning's relationship with executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox and the fact that joining them would keep him in the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.
"

My insider sources are saying the same thing; however, I'll go one step further...Manning is already a Denver Bronco. All's left is the announcement and a call to Dallas Clark, Wayne and possibly Garcon.

Also, Manning, Elway, and Fox got ****faced on friday night. Non-Bronco Insiders have confirmed that Elway would not let the two leave the table after dinner. That's how a hall of famer gets it done gentlemen. God Bless John Elway!
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOrange View Post
"One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Broncos' advantages include Manning's relationship with executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox and the fact that joining them would keep him in the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.
"

My insider sources are saying the same thing; however, I'll go one step further...Manning is already a Denver Bronco. All's left is the announcement and a call to Dallas Clark, Wayne and possibly Garcon.

Also, Manning, Elway, and Fox got ****faced on friday night. Non-Bronco Insiders have confirmed that Elway would not let the two leave the table after dinner. That's how a hall of famer gets it done gentlemen. God Bless John Elway!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I say it's between us and Miami. Unknown team like the Texans are a consideration.

He has a house in Miami. Reggie Wayne wants to play for the Phins. Miami's weather is great. But, the AFC East is tough.

Denver is a great Organization, with great leadership in Elway/Bowlen. They have many of the pieces that would be needed, a young Oline, young up and coming receivers, the Cap room to sign his aging teammates.

Could we have beaten the Pats last year with Manning. Probably not, but it would have been a game. Bring Manning in, draft well, strengthen the defense, and we're a better team than the Pats. Meaning we will be Superbowl contenders. The Dolphins Superbowl contenders? Not so much. The Cards in the NFC? Don't think so.

Right now, we have to be the favorite....unless the Texans step up!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I still think if we don't land Manning the FO has to trade Tebow, get as many picks as they can for him and then try to trade up to get the QB they like in the draft.

Put the mCd debacles behind us and move on with EFX's guy.

I think it has to impact Tebow via the Little Known Kyle Orton Effect, you know the one where Orton gets shopped all off season then when everything falls through he starts, has no desire to play with the team, gets benched and all we get out of him is a $2mill savings off his contract.

I am warming up to Manning but his neck sure scares the hell out of me.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

You gotta drink to play qb in this league ..... unless you're recovering (-:
Old 03-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #25
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I say it's between us and Miami. Unknown team like the Texans are a consideration.

He has a house in Miami. Reggie Wayne wants to play for the Phins. Miami's weather is great. But, the AFC East is tough.

Denver is a great Organization, with great leadership in Elway/Bowlen. They have many of the pieces that would be needed, a young Oline, young up and coming receivers, the Cap room to sign his aging teammates.

Could we have beaten the Pats last year with Manning. Probably not, but it would have been a game. Bring Manning in, draft well, strengthen the defense, and we're a better team than the Pats. Meaning we will be Superbowl contenders. The Dolphins Superbowl contenders? Not so much. The Cards in the NFC? Don't think so.

Right now, we have to be the favorite....unless the Texans step up!
The time for stepping up is coming to an end though. Manning is not going to just sign a with a team he talks to over the phone for a few hours. He's going to sign with a team he's visiting...and he wants to make up his mind by Monday (Tuesday is the absolute latest).

It's Sunday and he's spending the rest of the day in Arizona touring their stadium and stuff.

That's basically 1 1/2 days in Denver and 1 1/2 days in AZ with 1 1/2 days until Tuesday morning.

Time is running out.

It's going to be either us or AZ unless Miami pulls off something crazy.

I don't think he'd want to play in the same division as the Colts anyway. It's not like him to be vindictive or step on the turf of friends.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote