The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Eddie Royal be resigned if its a fair deal for both sides?
YES, but only if we get Manning. Imagine what he could do w/PM. 9 27.27%
YES, no matter who the QB is. Bronco for life 17 51.52%
NO 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default Eddie Royal a class act Bronco who was never quite used right. Say we sign Manning or ....

I am going to hate to lose Royal hopefully we sign Manning and he will return. I am sure I am going to be flamed for this post but whatever just listen up.

We never got to see his full potential its a shame after the rookie year he had. After that rookie year he was caught up in a offensive overall and new staff we did not use him right. We had a coach dumb enough to switch him into the slot where hes never played much because he was infatuated with NE's use of Wes Welker. When he learns the slot has a pretty decent year in it and the next coaching staff comes in we have QB issues. He also had some bad luck with injuries, but I don't feel hes injury prone.

Pound for pound hes one of the strongest guys on the team, one of the fastest guys on the team and one of the most under appreciated guys on the team. Hes a saint when it comes to off the field & on the field behavior just a class act in both respects.

Hes gonna go to WAS, CHI, or HOU and just light it up watch and the same people that want him gone, will be b****ing about how we let him walk. Hes going to be a dynamic return man too its a shame we don't see him return much because we are in a division with the best punters and plus you factor in we play @ Mile High.

If he stays and we get Manning you will see how special he really is.

Last edited by KevinJames; 03-11-2012 at 12:50 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I don't know why, but every season I expect Royal to break out... I say bring him back, he's bound to have a break out season!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:35 AM   #3
ghostofjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I am going to hate to lose Royal hopefully we sign Manning and he will return. I am sure I am going to be flamed for this post but whatever just listen up.

We never got to see his full potential its a shame after the rookie year he had. After that rookie year he was caught up in a offensive overall and new staff we did not use him right. We had a coach dumb enough to switch him into the slot where hes never played much because he was infatuated with NE's use of Wes Welker. When he learns the slot has a pretty decent year in it and the next coaching staff comes in we have QB issues. He also had some bad luck with injuries, but I don't feel hes injury prone.

Pound for pound hes one of the strongest guys on the team, one of the fastest guys on the team and one of the most under appreciated guys on the team. Hes a saint when it comes to off the field & on the field behavior just a class act in both respects.

Hes gonna go to WAS, CHI, or HOU and just light it up watch and the same people that want him gone, will be b****ing about how we let him walk. Hes going to be a dynamic return man too its a shame we don't see him return much because we are in a division with the best punters and plus you factor in we play @ Mile High.

If he stays and we get Manning you will see how special he really is.

Peyton Manning could make me look special
Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

I say yes regardless because of his ST contribution ability.

That said, I doubt he wants to sign for ST contribution duty.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Royal's game inhabits that part of the route tree that Tebow cannot utilize. Ergo, Royal will not get any opportunities to show his stuff while Tebow is the QB. Under PM, he probably goes to a pro bowl.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Royal's game inhabits that part of the route tree that Tebow cannot utilize. Ergo, Royal will not get any opportunities to show his stuff while Tebow is the QB. Under PM, he probably goes to a pro bowl.
Um no

Granted manning has been making average WRs look amazing for some years now, but Eddie royal just isn't that good of a WR IMO. Most of his value/talent lies in the return game
Old 03-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Royal's best season was as a rookie with Cutler at QB and he caught 90+ passes, but averaged only like 10 yards a catch, so not sure how special Royal would be running short underneath routes, but he could be serviceable if he could take the hits.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Under the right deal, you bring Royal back no matter who is QB. But he could definitely excel in the slot with Manning as the QB. Vet QB`s like Manning/Brady etc get tired really quickly of receivers who drop their passes. Royal need not worry of that.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Um no
Correct! Superbowl participants skip the pro bowl.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
CEH
Ring of Famer

Hey Peyton want to throw to a guy that runs a 4.19 40.
Stanley Arukwe of Troy ran a 4.19 with the wind and 4.29 against the wind
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I voted no but solely for the reason that if they sign manning they have to make a run at wayne. Royal has serious PR value, but the team also needs to address DJWilliams old job and interior oline in free agency ... and they need another rb and they have Bunkley to sign.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I voted no but solely for the reason that if they sign manning they have to make a run at wayne. Royal has serious PR value, but the team also needs to address DJWilliams old job and interior oline in free agency ... and they need another rb and they have Bunkley to sign.
Yeah only KJ could think making Royal a priority among Wayne DT and Decker makes sense.

And I think you kids drastically overestimate how far Denver's budget will stretch.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And I think you kids drastically overestimate how far Denver's budget will stretch.
I said yes, for the right price. WR is going to be an interesting market to play out. There are dozens of WRs available, and based on his numbers, I don`t think Royal is going to be in the first wave.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If the Broncos announce the deal is done with Manning prior to Tuesday, I think signing Royal will be pretty easy and not very expensive.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If the Broncos announce the deal is done with Manning prior to Tuesday, I think signing Royal will be pretty easy and not very expensive.
Not very expensive is the only way. As in sign him for special teams money or send him packing. We still h ave a defense to think about and after PM, Wayne and god knows what other colts cast offs we'll start running thin on space pretty fast.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic

Without Royals ridiculous TD catch in the playoffs who knows....
Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Why do the Royal lovers always forget that he started severely regressing about halfway through his rookie year WELL before the coaching switch?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Royal Blue Balls no longer deserves to be a Bronco.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Why do the Royal lovers always forget that he started severely regressing about halfway through his rookie year WELL before the coaching switch?
Who knows, Royal could improve and get better but Tebow just can't, it's impossible. According to the logic around here at least.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote